Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm curious

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How many of you have donated money or done any fundraising for Youthnet/the site?

And how many of you would consider going on a treck or jumping out of a plane or something similar as a fundraising activity?

Comments

• Options
    I jumped out a plane a few years back to raise money for the local Kids hospital. I'll maybe do something else again in the future but not sure it would involve heights and falling from them ever again.
  • Options
    I sponsored Helen's skydive and I bought a wristband. I also did the photoshoot thing, but that didn't give them any money or anything. In fact, they made a loss in the shape of sending me an octopus!
  • Options
    I've done fundraising for other things (last was an event I organised in uni for World AIDS Day), but at the moment I don't have time for any other causes. Currently organising a gig for Fairtrade Fortnight.

Maybe one day.
  • Options
    I've donated money, and time. In exchange, they filled me up with beer and nachos. Fair swap I think.
  • Options
    I've been on the user panel a few times if that counts. That took quite a bit of my time.

I also bought a wristband.
  • Options
    I was thinking it would be really funny - though also potentially really dangerous for a whole load of people from the boards to go on a treck
  • Options
    not for youthnet or the site, but I volunteer for another charity.
  • Options
    Me-fuck all.

What kinda work does this place do anyway? Any specific causes?
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I was thinking it would be really funny - though also potentially really dangerous for a whole load of people from the boards to go on a treck

I'd love to do something like that but theres no way I'd be able to raise between £2000-£3000.
  • Options
    I would like to go back to Machu Picchu actually, and actually climb it this time. Watching the sun come up and the mist clear from the top of the mountain is suuuuuuuuuuuch a beautiful sight.

Dunno if I'd be able to hack it though :(.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »

I'm up for it.

But maybe somewhere closer to home. Lets go climb snowdonia and plant a youthnet flag.
  • Options
    If Vodafone still sponsor them, then yes.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I'm up for it.

But maybe somewhere closer to home. Lets go climb snowdonia and plant a youthnet flag.
    Oooooh I wanna do that!

And actually make it up this time :grump:.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Oooooh I wanna do that!

And actually make it up this time :grump:.

In the summer then? TheSite.org conquers Wales?

I would actually turn up :yes: and try and even get sponsored. Probably only to the grand sum of £5 but you know :p every little helps.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    In the summer then? TheSite.org conquers Wales?

I would actually turn up :yes: and try and even get sponsored. Probably only to the grand sum of £5 but you know :p every little helps.
    If you knew how busy my summer is, you wouldn't even consider that as an option :p.
  • Options
    I'd just like to point out I'd be more than happy to organise a sponsored full on trek or hike through TheSite - though maybe not too as badly as my last snow-bound storm filled try ;)

Ben Nevis or Snowdonia anyone?
  • Options
    I'd do it.

I wouldn't be able to raise £2000-£3000 by myself though!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    As long as the limit of the walk is to the local pub then I'm in.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    I'd just like to point out I'd be more than happy to organise a sponsored full on trek or hike through TheSite - though maybe not too as badly as my last snow-bound storm filled try ;)

Ben Nevis or Snowdonia anyone?

Where's Ben Nevis?

I'll go anywhere :thumb: as long as it's not out of the UK :p it might get a little too expensive.
  • Options
    Scafell Pike

:D
  • Options
    Ben Nevis is the highest mountain in the Uk and Scotland - beautiful climb, though not always easy - a challenge but not impossible (and no where near £3000 to organise each :) )

ben_nevis_and_phonebox.jpg

http://www.paintedmountains.com/acatalog/LM7-500-Ben-Nevis.jpg

ben_nevis.jpg

ben-ne2.jpg

ben-nevis.jpg

nevis7.jpg

Ben-Nevis-1975.jpg
  • Options
    I only suggested Scafell as its in England :D And I've already climbed it (in my seriously thinner days!)
  • Options
    I know that feeling :)

Felt a lot easier going up Ben Nevis when I was 12 than when I was 30...
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    I've donated money, and time. In exchange, they filled me up with beer and nachos. Fair swap I think.

Aye I remember that one, best 10th birthday I've ever been to
  • Options
    I donate money regulary, apart from that I'd would consider doing a sponsersed trek/climb in the UK somewhere. I need an incentive to get fit.
  • Options
    I'd love to do something like that to raise money, but I'd never make it. My fitness levels are absolutely shocking.
  • Options
    I think we should arrange a trek :yes:
  • Options
    I've climbed up Snowdon before, and then on the way back down all of the blisters that i aquired on the way up popped. Most vile.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    I'd love to do something like that to raise money, but I'd never make it. My fitness levels are absolutely shocking.

I'm sure we'd take plenty of rest breaks along the way! :)
  • Options
    I have donated money when Helen did her parachute jump.

To be honest the thing that would majorly put me off doing a sponsered event would be that asking friends and relatives to sponser me would entail telling them about thesite and therefore my secret little internet place where I post my problems would be known about by everyone and I would have to like delete my whole account then and never post on here again.