Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Post counts

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    not sure if anything has happened to mine
  • Options
    I pay such little attention to the post counts that I'd only notice if I lost a couple of thousand or more.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    I pay such little attention to the post counts that I'd only notice if I lost a couple of thousand or more.

Same here. Since I only have a couple of thousand to begin with :razz:
  • Options
    I was intrigued and just had a look at mine... and had more than I thought I did, so maybe it's worked the other way for mine?! :chin:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I was intrigued and just had a look at mine... and had more than I thought I did, so maybe it's worked the other way for mine?! :chin:
    I think the same... :chin:
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Do people actually pay that much attention to post counts that they would notice a change?

Back in the day, when TheSite was in its relative infancy, people generally knew their post cost to the nearest hundred. I remember people putting something like "What a waste of my 500th post" or "ETA: This is my 200th post!" at the bottom of what they'd written. We used to have different coloured stars depending on how many posts we'd made, so having more posts made a bigger difference than it does now.

There used to be a trend for people to leave TheSite after 1000 posts, making their 1000th post a goodbye thread, which is laughable now - but back then 1000 posts was a lot! I left on my 1000th post. Then the boards got moved from where they originally were to vBulletin, and loads of threads got deleted along the way. People's post counts dropped significantly - I think mine went down to 650 or something, but I've been building it back up over the past few months. Ironically, this will be my second 1000th post, and so for nostalgia's sake I think I'll bid the place goodbye once again in an attempt to concentrate on work for my finals.

:wave:
  • Options
    wildchild wrote: »
    Back in the day, when TheSite was in its relative infancy, people generally knew their post cost to the nearest hundred. I remember people putting something like "What a waste of my 500th post" or "ETA: This is my 200th post!" at the bottom of what they'd written. We used to have different coloured stars depending on how many posts we'd made, so having more posts made a bigger difference than it does now.

There used to be a trend for people to leave TheSite after 1000 posts, making their 1000th post a goodbye thread, which is laughable now - but back then 1000 posts was a lot! I left on my 1000th post. Then the boards got moved from where they originally were to vBulletin, and loads of threads got deleted along the way. People's post counts dropped significantly - I think mine went down to 650 or something, but I've been building it back up over the past few months. Ironically, this will be my second 1000th post, and so for nostalgia's sake I think I'll bid the place goodbye once again in an attempt to concentrate on work for my finals.

:wave:

Nice timing!
  • Options
    Oh noeeeeeeeeesss! :crying: