Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Photo thread number 9!! HUZZAH!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thank you.

and shut up strubble whatsyourface i don't look like a frickin' yellow bird!

and thank you lipsy. :)

no no, it was not the colour that is in common!! :thumb:

StrubbleS! :razz:
    I'm kind of enjoying tho, that you needed ~4 other opinions to discard my statement :)
  • Options
    you're a bit strange, aren't you.

you could just have not said anything, really. :)
  • Options
    Have to say when I saw lucifers pic the immediate reaction was that she's lovely looking, rather than "I tawt I taw a pussy cat!"

Maybe that's just me though, who knows :razz:
  • Options
    eta: oops read it wrong.

cheers!
  • Options
    you're a bit strange, aren't you.

Thank you, that is a kind thing to say. :)

There are a lot of things everyday where I say to myself, "you could just have not said anything, really.", not adressed to you, mind. to any kind of forum user and irl too. I should set a better example, but strubblum errarum est too.

so pardon me.
  • Options
    Found more piccatures :D
    Myspace one is me between the darling menfolk
    ballgown is me prancing around in a dress and being a posing whore, basically
    final one is a photoshoot one (if you can't put them up here...)
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=34606887&imageID=1694103881
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:

but who am I to exculpate before you.

Being very honest - I am not sure you used 'Exculpate' in the correct context there.

I understand your use of it's meaning, but I believe your phrasing was incorrect.

Then again, I am very drunk, but I still think you're wrong.

Adding "myself to", as opposed to "before you" may have worked better... Have a think.

I'll check again in the morning once the many, many cocktails + bottle of red wine have worn off...

G.
  • Options
    Oh jeez.

If English isn't your first language then I'd say even attempting to use "exculpate" in any context is something else. Especially considering most of the native speakers on this board would probably have to google it to know what it meant, and then still wouldn't be able to place it in a coherent sentence [which StrubbleS's was] :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

I agree :yes:
  • Options
    Addict wrote:

*sigh* what a man he was, they don't make em like they used to :)
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote:
    Being very honest - I am not sure you used 'Exculpate' in the correct context there.

I understand your use of it's meaning, but I believe your phrasing was incorrect.

Then again, I am very drunk, but I still think you're wrong.

Adding "myself to", as opposed to "before you" may have worked better... Have a think.

I'll check again in the morning once the many, many cocktails + bottle of red wine have worn off...

G.

You are cute when you stand up for the ladies, in a grammar police kind of way :) "Mr. Strubbles, you are arrested! You have the right to shut the fuck up, and consulte your lawyer. Uses 'exculpate' in a wrong manner, you are up there with the murderers and rapists, ugh, scum like you makes me sick."

Moreover: What kind of 'dig' is it to compare someone to an animated figure? I read people slagging off other posters because there was 1 cm of too much skin visible!
    I click on a pic and because of an unfortunate angle/lightning I see a person that reminds me of an artificial figure with a high forehead and a beak, OH THE HUMANITY!!
  • Options
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Strubbles, I :heart: you.

This thread is hilarious. As we are constantly reminded when some people comment on everyone else's appearance and dress sense...you can't expect to post a photo and not have people comment. And not everyone is going to oblige you by saying "oh my god you're so gorgeous :flirt: :naughty::heart::love: " etc.

wtf?

he compared me to a yellow cartoon character - so of course i know he's talking bollocks and how could i possibly have been offended?
  • Options
    sophia wrote:

This thread is hilarious.
    :lol: So, so true! Made my day anyway.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    You are cute when you stand up for the ladies, in a grammar police kind of way :) "Mr. Strubbles, you are arrested! You have the right to shut the fuck up, and consulte your lawyer. Uses 'exculpate' in a wrong manner, you are up there with the murderers and rapists, ugh, scum like you makes me sick."

:lol:

I was just being a pedant last night - just a bit of a stickler when somebody uses a word that is not in common usage incorrectly (although you weren't too far off!). ;) But yes, I reckon that 'exculpate' will have had a number of definition searches last night. :yes:

I'm still chuckling at this whole Tweety-pie debarcle though :)

Do you want me to issue you with a fixed penalty notice (£60 fine and 3 points on your grammar licence :D ) or just a warning? :razz: ;)
  • Options
    oi!!

i'm not a cartoon bird. :grump:

he is cute though!

He is cute indeed! :)
  • Options
    - Please officer! I have 3 hamsters and a budgie to nourish at home! could you please make it a warning this time?
    + ah, well... alright.
    - thank you so much. If you ever need illegal software or smuggled weapons, just give me a call.
    + GET OUT OF THE CAR. HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!
    - Oh shhhhh.....
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Oh jeez.

If English isn't your first language then I'd say even attempting to use "exculpate" in any context is something else. Especially considering most of the native speakers on this board would probably have to google it to know what it meant, and then still wouldn't be able to place it in a coherent sentence [which StrubbleS's was] :)

Aye!

Don't worry, I wasn't exactly hitting the roof here :lol: Just caught my eye and I thought "ooooooooooo - needs rephrasing". ;)

I was more impressed that exculpate was being used in a thread such as this! I would expect it more in a P&D thread! :)
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    - Please officer! I have 3 hamsters and a budgie to nourish at home! could you please make it a warning this time?
    + ah, well... alright.
    - thank you so much. If you ever need illegal software or smuggled weapons, just give me a call.
    + GET OUT OF THE CAR. HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!
    - Oh shhhhh.....

:D

... and you looked like such a sweet innocent be-spectacled Bart Simpson-a-like. ;)

Well, you'll be the first weapons dealer on here, I reckon! :shocking:
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote:
    Aye!

Don't worry, I wasn't exactly hitting the roof here :lol: Just caught my eye and I thought "ooooooooooo - needs rephrasing". ;)

I was more impressed that exculpate was being used in a thread such as this! I would expect it more in a P&D thread! :)

well, tbh. The german equivalent is fairly common. I wasn't trying to sound eggheady here. English grammar sometimes follows real peculiar rules or just different rules as in german.
    a word to word translation would for example produce "to find a solution for..."
    where the right phrase is, "to find a solution to."

you need to excuse me from time to time.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    well, tbh. The german equivalent is fairly common. I wasn't trying to sound eggheady here. English grammar sometimes follows real peculiar rules or just different rules as in german.
    a word to word translation would for example produce "to find a solution for..."
    where the right phrase is, "to find a solution to."

you need to excuse me from time to time.

Aye lad - I think I was attempting to inform, as opposed to criticise... I was a bit leathered though (discovered that a bar in Ealing does £2 cocktails on a Thursday night............................................. I'd only ever been in there once before as it's full of kids).

I have to admit the differences between German and English grammar are the reasons I couldn't seem to get my head around German when I worked in Munich. With French, Italian and Spanish all from Latin origins, there are similarities which meant I was able to pick up the basics pretty quickly. German just eluded me, utterly!

You are excused ;)
  • Options
    A few of me on here amongst some other crap if you can be bothered to sift through:

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o78/TelecasterMaster1985/
  • Options
    So I have a new digital camera, and my god - I'm loving the black and white function :P Anyway, joyous at this, I've been a complete cam whore, and I've been away from here a little while. They're called Paolo Nutini because I went to his gig last night and it was immense and lovely and aahhh Paolo my love. The second one I think I look rather...pointy faced! Anyway taa daa:
  • Options
    The first one looks like you have an extra arm growing out of your elbow :o.

Gorgeous though :heart:.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I am that angry man in the pub!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I am that angry man in the pub!

You are awesome!

Malteser, I see there a faint resemblance with Cameron Diaz :)
    Ever got that one? :chin:
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    You are awesome!

Malteser, I see there a faint resemblance with Cameron Diaz :)
    Ever got that one? :chin:

That's a new one on me...and Franki you made me laugh - I hadn't noticed that dude behind me!
  • Options
    and Franki you made me laugh - I hadn't noticed that dude behind me!
    :D

I try :D.

I saw it and thought you had your arm down, then I realised you were drinking. It didn't register until about 5 seconds later that there must have been someone behind you and that you didn't have another arm growing out of you :o.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    So I have a new digital camera, and my god - I'm loving the black and white function :P Anyway, joyous at this, I've been a complete cam whore, and I've been away from here a little while. They're called Paolo Nutini because I went to his gig last night and it was immense and lovely and aahhh Paolo my love. The second one I think I look rather...pointy faced! Anyway taa daa:
    Phwoar, monkay lovin' ;D
  • Options
    Ahahahaha.
    This who situation makes me love Steph even more. :heart:
    :razz: