Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What wont you drink?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    never had jagermeister, what's it like?

sambuca :yuck: can never drink, it's vile!

When I first tried it in Austria, I asked a local what it tasted like and she described it as tasting like cough medicine.....which it kind of does but actually tastes nice, lol sounds strange I know but try it for yourself. I love it and I hate spirits as a rule.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    When I first tried it in Austria, I asked a local what it tasted like and she described it as tasting like cough medicine.....which it kind of does but actually tastes nice, lol sounds strange I know but try it for yourself. I love it and I hate spirits as a rule.

yea it's like medicine, which means i can only drink one or too. it gets very sickly very quickly i think.
  • Options
    Shit - so what do you drink?
    It's Bailey's or Champagne for me please :D
  • Options
    never had jagermeister, what's it like?

sambuca :yuck: can never drink, it's vile!

Check the attachment: That's the colour of Jägermeister.
    It's a spirit that has a sweet, herbal-y taste.

Yea it tasted like some kind of cough syrup, but the sweet, herbal kinds not, the menthol, bitter ones. have a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A4germeister

It's really good. Like Amaretto, but I'm not sure if it's familar over there. (you get much quicker sick of amaretto tho). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaretto

What I like too, is a self-burnt Fruit-Schnapps. Good for digestion.

What I dislike is Czech Becherovka *yuck*. It tastes like a gun-shot of cinammon into your mouth.
  • Options
    ooo sounds quite nice actually, looks a bit of a nasty colour though, i expected it to be clear for some reason!

Did someone say they have it in whetherspoons? I might have to give it a try...
  • Options
    I can't stomach Jagermeister. Bought a bottle from Asda a couple of years ago and ended up giving it away.

It's like cough medicine but not the nice kind :yuck:
  • Options
    I can't stomach Jagermeister. Bought a bottle from Asda a couple of years ago and ended up giving it away.

It's like cough medicine but not the nice kind :yuck:

says someone who drinks baileys and champagner
  • Options
    Balies is delicious as an ice cream topper, and a bit of whipped cream :yum:... and some oreos
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Ever tried Baileys and Lime? They call it a cum shot round here. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Ever tried Baileys and Lime? They call it a cum shot round here. :D
    :lol:

I fucking hate Baileys, and you all would too if you saw your girlfriend throw up after drinking too much of it over your feet...the puke looks even less pleasant than usual.
  • Options
    Tea and coffee :yuck:

Any types of wine, malibu, any type or lager/beer, baileys, vodka, and anything with banana in it.

It's just easier to say i only drink cider :p
  • Options
    I dont like coffee
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    :lol:

I fucking hate Baileys, and you all would too if you saw your girlfriend throw up after drinking too much of it over your feet...the puke looks even less pleasant than usual.

:yuck: When I first tried Baileys (shop bought one, there was a homemade one as well which wasn't as bad), all I could taste was the whisky which I'm never going to touch again.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    :yuck: When I first tried Baileys (shop bought one, there was a homemade one as well which wasn't as bad), all I could taste was the whisky which I'm never going to touch again.

I'm not a HUGE fan of whisky myself, but my father is getting one as a gift from time to time, usually a very dignified one.

You miss something, let me tell ya. This Jim Beam bullshit tastes like battery acid compared to a quality whisky.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    This Jim Beam bullshit tastes like battery acid compared to a quality whisky.

Bourbon is often very different than straight whiskies. I prefer it to be honest.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Bourbon is often very different than straight whiskies. I prefer it to be honest.

Isn't bourbon like seriously strong?
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Isn't bourbon like seriously strong?

Some whiskies are seriously strong too. Bourbons can only be made in the US and are made in with slight differences in the manafacturing process than most whiskies.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Some whiskies are seriously strong too. Bourbons can only be made in the US and are made in with slight differences in the manafacturing process than most whiskies.

What and you drink it on it's own?!
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    What and you drink it on it's own?!

Sometimes with ice, or with coke or lemonade.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Sometimes with ice, or with coke or lemonade.

Sounds too harsh for me. I think i'll stick to my pathetically weak cider :p
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Sounds too harsh for me. I think i'll stick to my pathetically weak cider :p

On the swings down the park from a 3ltr bottle with a streak of lighting on the label?
    Or are you just a proper West Country bird?

:p

I love my apple juice too. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    On the swings down the park from a 3ltr bottle with a streak of lighting on the label?
    Or are you just a proper West Country bird?

:p

I love my apple juice too. :D

I've moved on from that, i'm now on Strongbow. Or Magners if i'm feeling particularly adventurous :p

Have to say neither of those tastes much like apple :chin:
  • Options
    Magners if far superior than Strongbow.
    Thatchers Dry is nice too.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Magners if far superior than Strongbow.
    Thatchers Dry is nice too.

Yeah but i like the 43854 litres for £1 thing that Strongbows got going on, being poor an all that. I also tried proper cider once and i nearly keeled over after half a pint. I just don't have it in me!
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Yeah but i like the 43854 litres for £1 thing that Strongbows got going on, being poor an all that. I also tried proper cider once and i nearly keeled over after half a pint. I just don't have it in me!

They sell a fair bit of scrumpy at the beer festival round here. This one scrumpy I came across was called Hairy Armpit and was 13%ABV, buy one get one free. Nobody could drink more than one though because it tasted so vile. I'm not a big fan of scrumpy to be honest, it makes me feel ill after very little.

Cider's good because it's not taxed as much as other drinks and usually has a high alcohol content than most beers. Good all round then really.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Cider's good because it's not taxed as much

Best profit in the licensed trade, well in the off licenses i've worked in.
  • Options
    I have to be honest, I much prefer a nice boubon (Jim Bean, Jack Daniels) type of taste to a straight whiskey or scotch etc.. yuk!!!

Don't get me wrong, I can pretty much drink any alchohol if I need too but..
  • Options
    I have to be honest, I much prefer a nice boubon (Jim Bean, Jack Daniels) type of taste to a straight whiskey or scotch etc.. yuk!!!

Don't get me wrong, I can pretty much drink any alchohol if I need too but..

Technically JD isn't bourbon, but it tastes much the same as many bourbons.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Call it my mothers love juice if you like, it's the taste I love not the name!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Call it my mothers love juice if you like, it's the taste I love not the name!!!!!! :D

You're a sick man. :D
    Weekender Offender