Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What wont you drink?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Malibu
    Guiness
    Baileys
    Anything with red bull
    Bitter, Stout, Real Ale
    Cider
    Red Wine
    Sparkling Water (the worst)
    Advocaat
    Mulled Wine
    **Helen** wrote:
    :yes: same with whisky imo. But yeah, clear spirits are better than dark ones.

I've had some amazing Shetlands gin recently, Blackwoods I think it was called, worth hunting down if you can.
    budda wrote:
    I've had some amazing Shetlands gin recently, Blackwoods I think it was called, worth hunting down if you can.
    This?

Agree though. I like vodka, but I still can't drink anything worse than this straight. Unfortunately nowhere sells it by the bottle. Fortunately, we sell it at work.

That's the one, its a gin for non gin drinkers, and it doesnt make you cry like Gordans.
    pill 'ed wrote:
    :yuck: My nan drinks that. Looks like cum.

You sure you don't have an infection? :lol:

I like it with lemonade and lime with a cherry in :yum:
    Alot of my friends hate Jagermeister (spelling?) but I think its fucking lovelyyyyy
    Agree though. I like vodka, but I still can't drink anything worse than this straight. Unfortunately nowhere sells it by the bottle. Fortunately, we sell it at work.

Interestingly Blackwoods also do a vodka, which given its usual price tag of about £15 is much smoother than other vodkas in that price bracket.
    Alot of my friends hate Jagermeister (spelling?) but I think its fucking lovelyyyyy

I drank that the other night, It wasn't without it's charm but I woulden't go as far as to call it lovely :P

Corkys is better :) But less alcoholic
    Ah, the master of the hunt.

A very rock and roll drink.

I won't drink Sambuca or bitter. I like ale but hate bitter. Apart from that I'm pretty easy.

Jagermeister is the only spirit I actually like. I had a couple of shots of it on NYE and whenever I'm in Austria or Germany, I'm always on that in the clubs.

On its own its vile. Mixed with red bull its lush. I cant stand red bull on it own either.
    aftershocks :yuck:
    On its own its vile. Mixed with red bull its lush. I cant stand red bull on it own either.
    HA. I had a double shot of it on its own with ice in Wetherspoons. Really nice :heart:
    i love jager!

i now hate bacardi... i had a couple of strong bacardi and cokes in my room whilst getting ready last week and it made me throw up :(

i also don't like any type of beer/cider/lager. guiness is alright though
    lipsy wrote:
    i love jager!

i now hate bacardi... i had a couple of strong bacardi and cokes in my room whilst getting ready last week and it made me throw up :(

i also don't like any type of beer/cider/lager. guiness is alright though

Yeah, Jagermeister is amazing on it's own or with Red Bull.
    How can you not like beer and cider though? They are basically the only alcoholic drinks that I drink! lol, I hate most spirits!
    Guinness is fucking nice, you're right there.
    i just dont like the taste! i had my first pint EVER at the guinness factory in Dublin last year. i liked that coz it was creamy :yum:

i've only ever done jager as shots though. i didn't even know that people added stuff to it!
    Isn't jagermeister and red bull called a jagerbomb, or is that something else?
    Addict wrote:
    Isn't jagermeister and red bull called a jagerbomb, or is that something else?

:thumb::yum: Well, unless you use too much red bull, alot of people do a shot with half can... I prefer equal proportions as the taste of redbull isn't for me.
    lipsy wrote:
    i just dont like the taste! i had my first pint EVER at the guinness factory in Dublin last year. i liked that coz it was creamy :yum:

Dublin has the nicest pints of Guinness. The lesser it has to travel the nicer the taste.

I love having a pint of Guinness. :yum:
    HA. I had a double shot of it on its own with ice in Wetherspoons. Really nice :heart:
    Jagerbull is lovely. But nowhere seems to do it apart from 'spoons. And its really expensive. :grump:
    I won't drink beer, red wine, white wine, lager, gin, bacardi, vodka, alcopops or whisky. (whisky makes me aggressive!)
    I won't drink beer, red wine, white wine, lager, gin, bacardi, vodka, alcopops or whisky. (whisky makes me aggressive!)

Shit - so what do you drink?
    It always makes me chuckle to hear what drink makes people aggressive.

For me it's your usual, one too many pints of wifebeater and I'm off picking a fight with the local village homicidal maniac :razz:
  • Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    haven't drunk bacardi since december 1999 when i had sooo too much and puked all over the landing at my friends house during his dad's 50th birthday party. After falling across both pairs of grandparents in the living room....

Still get reminded of that night today by the friend's dad and the grandmother lol.

Just the smell of bacardi brings back the sheer embarrasment of that night when i was 17 ;)
    haven't drunk bacardi since december 1999 when i had sooo too much and puked all over the landing at my friends house during his dad's 50th birthday party. After falling across both pairs of grandparents in the living room....

Still get reminded of that night today by the friend's dad and the grandmother lol.

Just the smell of bacardi brings back the sheer embarrasment of that night when i was 17 ;)
    Seeing your name makes me think of mocha flakes at Costa Coffee :yum:
    lea_uk wrote:
    Seeing your name makes me think of mocha flakes at Costa Coffee :yum:

Lol, random but kinda true I guess...
    Cafe Nero all the way though
    When I was in london last time I brought a bottle of Jägermeister along and introduced it to that girl I was living with. She did not know it, because you apparently can't purchase it over there (confirm/deny?). She almost had the whole bottle by herself, because she liked it that much :o
    You can buy it over here. It's not as common in bars and pubs as it is over in Germany and Austria but you can buy it over here, however I'd never actually tried it until I was in an Austrian club and it was on sale for 2 euro's a shot.
    never had jagermeister, what's it like?

sambuca :yuck: can never drink, it's vile!
    Bacardi because it turns me into a complete bitch (and its vile)

every week i say i will no longer drink ponche because i inordinatley ill when compared to the amount i drank but then the next week i think just 1.....