Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just out of curiosity...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What does it take to get you lot drunk? Not altogther... individually...

:rolleyes: What I'm trying to say is, that I get pissed really easily, and just was generally wondering how much everyone else has to drink to get a bit merry... although I'm not asking it very well as I have been drinking. Obviously.

As a dear friend just said to me on MSN when I told them I was a bit tipsey:
'o god what u done sniffed a bottle of wine?'

Highly unfair I feel... but I think I am what you call a cheap date.

Someone releave me of my mistery and answer this thread before I waffle too much longer... :blush:

Bottoms up! (Not literally... unless the mood takes you of course).

Comments

• Options
    A bottle of wine gets me rather merry :P

I can drink about 2 before i wankered though :D:yum:
  • Options
    The other night I had my first blackout in years. Not promoting it, it was also the worst experience I"ve had in years. But I'm also a complete lightweight. I had a 175 of vodka, I think about 3 shots were gone out of it when I started, and the next day, a bit more than half the bottle was gone.

On an average day (not saying that I drink every day of course) I usually get drunk after 3 of my drinks, tipsy after 2. One of my drinks consist of about 3-4 shots of vodka or rum and a can of coke or lemonaid. Depending on my mood.
  • Options
    Depends on how much I've ate and how tired I am.

I can feel merry after 3 pints of stella but doesn't mean I'm drunk, usually takes a bottle of buck for that, sometimes more.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote:
    As a dear friend just said to me on MSN when I told them I was a bit tipsey:
    'o god what u done sniffed a bottle of wine?'

That made me laugh :lol: . It really depends for me what the tipple is. Strange but i can drink vodka all night and not get drunk, but if i have 2 large glasses of white wine or 2 pints of cider i'm pissed. Shots don't affect me though. :chin:
  • Options
    Depends what im drinking.
    If:
    Lager (draft) about 5/6 pints
    bottled lager about 7/8 bottles
    double spirit & mixer about 6/7 glasses
    white wine about 8/9 glasses

this is to get me happily drunk, to get me well and truely wasted just add about 2 or 3 on to each number.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    6... 7 double bells + cokes maybe... possibly more.
  • Options
    Depends what I'm drinking, I'm pretty good going on lager and would generally easily put away 7 or 8 pints in t'pub of an evening. On a night out I have been known to hit twelve before hitting the deck :D

I'm good with spirits, too, have been known to drink seven or eight trebles before I have to be scraped off the carpet on a night out.

Wine is my downfall though, a bottle to myself and I'm either on top of the tables dancing... or underneath it puking.
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Shots don't affect me though. :chin:

I'm not so lucky... On my 18th the land lady at the pub I had my birthday do at gave me a shot on the house... It was one hell of a kick... got quite friendly after that. :love:
  • Options
    PML what was it?
  • Options
    i feel tipsy whilst after one drink or half a glass of wine. complete lightweight :D
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    PML what was it?

She called it a Sheep-shagger... NICE.

Think it was Bailies and Southern Comfort. Rather nice actually.
  • Options
    Takes a lot to get me drunk*

I think it's maybe to do with my surroundings, if I'm with people in the pub then I'll get drunk a lot quicker than I would if I drank the same amount in female company.

*lie
  • Options
    When i had a 'problem' with drink i could quite easily neck a litre of vodka. A bottle of wine or a few cans gets me merry now, and don't like going beyond the 'merry' stage :)
  • Options
    To get me to the point where I know I will have to either stop drinking or after a few more I'll fall on the floor and make a fool of myself:

Bottle/Bottle and a half of wine
    7/8 pints lager
    Probably about 10 double vodka and lemondes. Takes a lot for me to have an effect with vodka.

Binge drinker. :chin:
  • Options
    It really depends, because you can very quick build up and off a resistance to alcohol. Since my old drinking days are over, I'd say, about 2-3 pints until I'm (very) tipsy.
    4 pints and 2 rum coke until I'm drunk.
    5 pints, 2 rum coke, one gin tonic, and 2 shots of Jägermeister and I am thoroughly shitfaced.

I'm just 55kg tho, and I'm 5'11''.

Depends tho which kind of beer: austrian beer tends to be a tad on the stronger side. In this one 'pub' they serve fosters (this australish, yellowish water), and I can easily take 12 glasses (but they are a bit smaller than pints).
    Moreoever does it depend if I'm on fresh air on in a stuffy pub, or if I'm moving around or sitting on my arse all the time and what I ate beforehand.
  • Options
    ive not drank loads in ages but it would normally take me about 19 shots of something to get drunk. (wetherspoons would do pitchers for £6 with 9 shots in each, mixed with whatever) so i'd have 2 of those and be drunk, then if i had loads more i could easily forget an entire evening.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    don't like going beyond the 'merry' stage :)

Me neither... Merry is good because you're just with it enough to make a bit of sense, but also tipsey enough to... not care about stuff. Philisophical I know. :razz:

I hate getting ill though, so stop before that stage.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Moreoever does it depend if I'm on fresh air on in a stuffy pub, or if I'm moving around or sitting on my arse all the time and what I ate beforehand.

Makes a huge difference for me too!
  • Options
    like turlough says it varies depending on how tired i am and how much ive ate but also how fast i drink

4 pints of stella and im shouting instead of talking and not realising.. once it gets to the 6 - 10 mark things start gettin a bit more messy

it takes about 6 pints of normal beer to get me well on my way but about 10 pints to get properly drunk

as for spirits, i rarely bother apart from the odd vodka and redbull inbetween pints, or when it hits the end of the night and someones drink cupboard is being raided

if im not drinkin in a bar then about 10 tins of stella has me fucked, mix that with a bottle of bucky and you dont need anywhere near as much!

stella + buckfast, the way forward! :thumb:

as for being on a budget, i challenge anyone to drink 3 litres of white cider and still have a sense of balance!
  • Options
    :banghead: For me i REALLY depends on how much food I've had - with no food i'm a proper lightweight.
  • Options
    My hangovers seem to be getting more and more dire, so I dont drink very often at all anymore.

When I do, if on an empty stomach then a single pint would get me reasonably tipsy.

Over christmas I went through a dozen bottles of beer in an evening without getting sloppy.

Alcohol is never something I've massively enjoyed to be honest, I am largely a depressive drunkard unless its spirits in cocktails with lots of sugar.
  • Options
    It varies. I can drink lots of Cava and just feel merry. Some days I can have one pint of Stella snd feel tipsy.
    But last night I had 2 pitns of stella, champagne, a gin and tonic and a glass of wine and felt nothing, this was on an empty stomach.
    If I do get drunk though I can tend to drink for quite some time before I need to call it a day.
  • Options
    About 2-3 pints gets me tipsy and chatty, 6-7 pints and I'm nicely drunk, 10 or more and I'm fucking fucked lol.
    One bottle of wine and I'm feeling a nice drunk, somewhere in between very tipsy and pretty drunk, add another bottle and I'm fucking wankered.
    Don't really drink spirits unless I'm pissed already so don't really know what it takes with them.
  • Options
    For some reason with me, it depends who I'm with. When I'm out with my friends, I seem to get drunk ridiculously easily, though never to a point of being ill. 4/5 alcopops and I'm away (I'd say that's cheap, but at £3.50 a bottle in the cheapest places......)

But when I'm with my boyfriend and his friends, I seem to become a hardened drinker. I was bought a (£7!! Why would anyone pay £7 for one drink....) double vodka and smirnoff ice. If I was out with my friends that'd of had me dead in the corner, but I felt perfectly fine. Odd. I also drank about 10 alcopops another time with them and didn't even feel tipsy :grump: I prefer going out withmy mates for this very reason - it's cheaper. :D
  • Options
    A bottle and a half of wine.

It used to be one bottle and I would fall asleep but my tolerance is way up now.

I don't really get properly drunk anymore though, I get tipsy and know when to stop.
  • Options
    Ive gone well of the Alcohol recently, ever since I started uni, which seems odd I know. Something cheaper took its place I guess ;)
  • Options
    It definately depends what i'm drinking and over what period but i would say that I'm merry after the first glass of wine and remain that way for the next bottle....
  • Options
  • Options
    well i start to slurr after one or two beers, but to get really drunk it takes fair amount .i seem to be able to drink for ever. Im a pretty big guy tho so i guess it must take more than the average bear
  • Options
    I;m merry one two pints of Strongbow, but I habnden't had any dinner!