Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Does ANYONE care how Diana died?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote:
    including charles thats' oly 7, hardly slut of the century...

I agree again
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Fuck it.

If you think cheating on your Husband with 7 people is fine, carry on.
  • Options
    But it was OK for her to shag half of London (you forgot Wayne Sleep in that) because Charles is a bastard!
  • Options
    Has anyone got any proof she slept with all these men? Or is it accusations like she was bumped off?

And Charles never cheated on her with Camilla?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    ... you forgot Wayne Sleep ...

Wayne Sleep? :lol: Really? No, surely not! He's bats for the other side!
  • Options
    I know he does;)
  • Options
    The thing is, Charles has always been in love with Camilla, that must be hard. These other seem to be a way of looking for effection and trying to cause hurt like she felt.
  • Options
    Didn't care then, don't care now..

I would be sorry for anyone that died in an accident like that ... so on a human level, I care. But that she was a royal makes it any sadder? Then I agree. It is immaterial.
  • Options
    My God woman's marriage is breaking down and she has a few affairs and then a few medium-long term relationships afterwards. Hardly a 'whore'

I don't think the woman was a saint of the magnitude of Madame Theresa, but she wasn't some sort of evil anti-christ either
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Fuck it.

If you think cheating on your Husband with 7 people is fine, carry on.

Its not but
    1. Do you know every circumstance of her married life? No. So how can you possibly comment on what type of person she is. Unless you all believe what you hear in the media :rolleyes: Which I highly doubt
    2. That doesn't mean either she deserved to die or its any less sad that she died because of it which is what a lot of people are implying

If your best friend came to you with a problem about her married life and she was cheating would you say ah I don't care you're evil get killed in a car crash and I wouldn't care because that's what you deserve. Like her or not she's still a person

Also I think you'll find suspected murder cases often run for 10, 20, 30 years. This one just happens to be highly publicised. I'm not saying I agree with it all, the whole Diana thing did go on a bit at the time and I'm not particularly bothered whether she was murdered or not because tbh it doesn't affect me. I just think people are very quick to slate off people just because they're public figures. If someone down your street did the same things you'd probably have a 5 minute :o over a coffee and then you wouldn't care less.
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    2. That doesn't mean either she deserved to die or its any less sad that she died because of it which is what a lot of people are implying

It's no more sad than any other divorced mother of two dying in a road traffic accident. Where's Elton John and his charity records for them, eh?
  • Options
    Yeah I agree with that! It did get all a bit OTT. What I'm saying is some people are saying she's evil and cheating therefore she deserved to die, or that its not sad that she died. Which I think is horrible, she's still a person and somebodys daughter and somebody's mum. I don't like all the crap and uber-publicity hype but its still sad that she died. Its sad when anybody dies
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It's no more sad than any other divorced mother of two dying in a road traffic accident. Where's Elton John and his charity records for them, eh?
    You seem to forget she done alot for charity. And also Elton was a close friend of hers.
  • Options
    She didn't cheat on her husband with 7 men incidentally. They separated before she slept with some of those men.

But in any case it doesn't matter. I didn't have any time for the woman. Like others have said she was an attention-seeking media whore (that disgracefully orchestrated photoshoot when she watched her doctor friend perform an operation on someone, her big eyes all full of make up comes to mind). But I don't think we should be accusing her of being a 'whore' or a 'tart'. If this was a Prince instead of a Princess we'd be talking about a 'ladies man' and some would even regard his womanasing with admiration. But since it's a woman having the affairs, she must be whore.

Not on.
  • Options
    There's some shameful misogyny on this thread.
  • Options
    Is there? She was a bow-legged slut.

I'd have said the same about him if he'd cheated on his wife with seven different people.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Is there? She was a bow-legged slut..

Nice.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I have always been interested in how Diana died. I have strong views on it and it was deffinatley murder, however i haven't got the time and can't be arsed to explain right now, would take me like an hour to type up.
  • Options
    I agree that it should be laid to rest as it was a long time ago but there is no need to bad mouth Diana, she did a lot of good and seemed genuine and the way she died was horrible.

Also how the hell would you know if she had cheated seven times, were you there?

At the end of the day no family is perfect, Royal or not.
  • Options
    Personally I couldn't give a shit about the royal family or any other rich bloated parasites. However, the misognyny here leaves a bad taste. From people who should know better too. :(
  • Options
    Exactly, of course she wasnt perfect - who is? Some people seem to have some serious issues here, jesus does it bother you THAT much to be calling her a slut and a whore and a "lying, conniving bow-legged tart". She's dead ffs have a bit of respect. I think theres plenty more people in the world more deserving of those horrible insults than Diana. Yes it all got blown out of proportion, yes it should have been laid to rest but seriously get over it. She cheated, yes. Its not right but it happened, its not the end of the world. If I was married to prince charles I wouldn't trust my eyes not to wander!
  • Options
    She didnt sleep around that much while married, she only cheated a couple a few times and Charles did have his mistress who was the woman he really loved all along anyway. She was Not a saint, she was Not special, she was Not perfect, and even to the people who think she Was special and saintly and better then anyone else, that shouldnt mean she was invulnerable to all things not orchaestrated by a special assassin squad. It was a car accident, because paparzi were chasing her, her driver was drunk and on medication and another car clipped her merc...it is just that simple so Who gives a toss?

i didnt even care she was dead when it first happened back in 1997, so i am hardly like to care now so many years later.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Everyone knows it was Interflora wot dun it.

I didn't care 10 years ago- I thought she was a lying, conniving bow-legged tart when she was alive, and I still do now.

Slightly immature eh Kermit.........:p
  • Options
  • Options
    she did a lot of good

Indeed. On a personal level it's thanks to people like her, speaking to, hugging, kissing and just holding the hands of people with HIV/AIDS that helped more people to realise it wasn't this terrible plague you could catch off toilets seats and cutlery.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Indeed. On a personal level it's thanks to people like her, speaking to, hugging, kissing and just holding the hands of people with HIV/AIDS that helped more people to realise it wasn't this terrible plague you could catch off toilets seats and cutlery.

And don't forget the land mines campaigns. Now I've mixed views on there use, but she did more to help stop them being randomly spread around and then dealt with than her critics who moan that she slept with Will Carling.
  • Options
    smitherz wrote:
    I have always been interested in how Diana died. I have strong views on it and it was deffinatley murder, however i haven't got the time and can't be arsed to explain right now, would take me like an hour to type up.

In that case, we can say that it was DEFINITELY not murder then. All of the conspiracy theories are debunked now and the only mystery is the white car in the tunnel. But I suspect that the French are keeping the innocent person involved incognito - most people would not like it to be generally known that their car had inadvertently been involved in the death of the most famous face on earth.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    There's some shameful misogyny on this thread.
    No kidding.
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Isn't the use of the word slut like this essentially misogynistic?

Not really. I'd say the same about a bloke.

Abusive? Yes. Woman-hating? No.

I couldn't stand the creature.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Not really. I'd say the same about a bloke.

No you wouldn't. You wouldn't use terms like "bow legged slut", which is a gender specific term. Put it into social context Kermy.
    Kermit wrote:
    Abusive? Yes. Woman-hating? No.

It is woman hating. Think about it.
    Kermit wrote:
    I couldn't stand the creature.

There you go, dehumanising, objectifying. Shame on you.