Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Does ANYONE care how Diana died?

13»

Comments

• Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aladdin wrote:
    She didn't cheat on her husband with 7 men incidentally. They separated before she slept with some of those men.

But in any case it doesn't matter. I didn't have any time for the woman. Like others have said she was an attention-seeking media whore (that disgracefully orchestrated photoshoot when she watched her doctor friend perform an operation on someone, her big eyes all full of make up comes to mind). But I don't think we should be accusing her of being a 'whore' or a 'tart'. If this was a Prince instead of a Princess we'd be talking about a 'ladies man' and some would even regard his womanasing with admiration. But since it's a woman having the affairs, she must be whore.

Not on.

I didn't say she was a whore, evil, or meant to die.

I am just fed up of everyone seeming to not accept she can be criticised for some reason. She was far from this "perfect princess" that some portrayed her as.

I would rather she was alive, losing a mother must be terrible for the Princes, especially when the motherfucking media piss them of every few months by bringing it up again. She can't jusr rest in peace.... no... she was some sort of celebrity, so she can't.

Plus, is she was alive, we would have this story dominating the news all the time. "Some British soldiers are dead in Iraq. More on that later - now - OMG DIANA AGAIN LOL! STORY THAT WONT GO AWAY!"
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Didnt care then, dont care now. Its all OTT
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I didn't say she was a whore, evil, or meant to die.

I am just fed up of everyone seeming to not accept she can be criticised for some reason. She was far from this "perfect princess" that some portrayed her as.

I would rather she was alive, losing a mother must be terrible for the Princes, especially when the motherfucking media piss them of every few months by bringing it up again. She can't jusr rest in peace.... no... she was some sort of celebrity, so she can't.

Plus, is she was alive, we would have this story dominating the news all the time. "Some British soldiers are dead in Iraq. More on that later - now - OMG DIANA AGAIN LOL! STORY THAT WONT GO AWAY!"
    It wasn't particularly directed at you. Simply at the comments regarding her sexual activity.

I didn't have any time for the woman myself. But I really couldn't give a fuck if she had regular 300 men-strong bukkake sessions. Her private life, her business. She should be criticised, but for the right reasons.

And the tabloid press should of course give it a fucking rest as well. They are not without fault for her death, and even 24 hours before she died and was elevated to sainthood, our righteous press was savaging her alive.

Richard Desmond with his indescribably boring Daily Express front pages for the last few years should be simply put up against a wall and shot.
    not reading the entire thread.
    i thought at the time she died that some of the reactions from people were totally OTT. i don't believe there is any conspiracy behind it. and i think she should be allowed to RIP tbh.
    I think its awful how the press cant let tradagys like Diana's death lie to rest. I watched that programme the other night and just wonder if people believe that some times terrible things happen and there is no explantion for it...
    I think its awful how the press cant let tradagys like Diana's death lie to rest. I watched that programme the other night and just wonder if people believe that some times terrible things happen and there is no explantion for it...
    erm. yeah. but the media will only print stories that sell. people want to hear about it, so the media prints it / broadcasts it.
    people do need to move on, its quite pathetic really.
    I find it odd that some of you refer to sleeping with a man other than her husband as 'cheating'. What is 'cheating' about it, marriage has nowt to do with monogomy does it? But then, I haven't read a marriage document myself so, what do I know?
    What has cheating got to do with her death? Her private life is open to all sorts of rumours. I don't have an opinion, because I didn't actually know her. Yes I found her death pretty sad at the time and I feel bad for William and Harry. Yeah she didn't wear a seatbelt but yknow it seems a bit harsh to say that she 'deserved it'.

Of course it's widely publicised. She was a princess. I don't see the point in getting up in arms over it because Elton John didn't croon over some unknown OAP that decided to pop her clogs. Death is sad whoever it is. But you have to expect the media to over report it because she was a bit of a celeb. It's what the media always will do and seems pointless to me getting offended by it.

For the record, I gave her flowers as a young un and she patted my head. I havent washed my hair since.
    Blagsta wrote:
    There's some shameful misogyny on this thread.
    And coming from where I wouldn't expect it tbh.
    Blagsta wrote:
    You wouldn't use terms like "bow legged slut", which is a gender specific term.

"Bow legged" maybe not, but I often refer to men as tarts or sluts...
    "Bow legged" maybe not, but I often refer to men as tarts or sluts...

Doesn't have quite the same connotations though does it?
    Yeah it does, or at least it can do.

I don't dispute the point that you are trying to make here, and there are still difference approaches taken with women and men who are promiscuous, but I would have latched onto the point about Charles' extra/pre/post-martial actvities and wonder why no-one seems to be concerned about him. Certainly there is rumour that there weren't just three people in the marriage...
    The Royal family killed her off and yeah I am sick of seeing her in the papers everyday.
    Yeah it does, or at least it can do.

Bollocks. Men are not denigrated in the same way that women are for sleeping around.
    Are we talking generally or by me?

If the former then I'd agree, the latter and I wouldn't...
    Blagsta wrote:
    Bollocks. Men are not denigrated in the same way that women are for sleeping around.
    I agree, if a man gets called a slut it usually gives them an ego boost or something to be proud of, but in most cases women dont like to be called sluts even if they do come across that way.
    Well I probably would care if it was MI6 - I'd have problems with them bumping off people that the Duke of Edinburgh found inconvinient.

Is that the only criteria you would have to criticise MI6 assassinations ?

Their ex-employee Tomlinson has made a number of claims over the years and I believe he gave an interview for this enquiry.

He`s easily dismissed as the disgruntled ex-employee but according to his blog (which has been taken down in the past) some unsavoury incidents have happened to him. Co-incidence ?
    Shouldn't we be investing more time in finding out why Charles De Menezes(spl) was murdered?

I'm sure that would put a lot of people's minds at rest and bring justice to his family.

It looks like it has already been done.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/article2081666.ece

Another inquiry, another nice earner for the inquirer. (Lord wots-his-name)