Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pet hates

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Got some more to add.
    Queue jumpers
    unpolite people especially when you go out of your way to do something for them
    Waiting in the cold for a bus that turns up late
    My dad expecting me to do things in the blink of an eye (eg.to turn the TV down I need to reach over for my remote control and turn it down, he tells me then tells me off for not turning it down within a matter of seconds grr.)
  • Options
    People who act like a cock because of the music they like i.e "I liked them before they got big so I'm a bigger fan"

People who worship Kurt Cobain and "do something" for his birthday, the anniversary of they day he died etc

Desperate guys who think getting a girlfriend is automatically turn their life around.

People in the office who think singing out loud first thing in the morning makes them look wacky and interesting

People who are genuinely up thesemlves and think they're the absolute bomb, then always make a point of saying "Oooh, but I'm not arrogant me"

People who have opinions on absolutely everything and think the more they repeat themselves the more right they think they are about it

People in their mid twenties and beyond who still dress like skaters/emos/goths/moshers

I could seriously go on all night,
  • Options
    People who harp on about various ethnic/foreign music/cinema without being able to provide one valid reason why it's good other than it's ethnic/foreign. Think Gabriel Garcia Marquez
    Not being able to provide a valid reason why he's good? :eek:

You can't have talked to many literate people then...
  • Options
    People who feel the need to unnecessarily do things for you when you havent asked, for example, people who feel the need to find me a boyfriend because I'm single. Actually, I'm ok as I am thanks.

Rudeness. Manners cost nothing folks.

Judgemental people.

Many more things.
  • Options
    Managers >.< I booked a night off about a month ago now. They put me on the rota. I told them I still couldn't work it, they said "fair enough" but you are not allowed into Promo (an event at work which I wanted to go to hence I booked it off, its for a friend's 21st) WHAT THE FUCK? I booked it off for that fucking reason! I booked it off over a fucking month ago!
  • Options
    I dont drink. I wish people would respect that rather than keep pestering me all night to drink and talking BS about how being an alcoholic is good for you.
  • Options
    people who feel the need to find me a boyfriend because I'm single. Actually, I'm ok as I am thanks.

same here! my mum is in the TA and sometimes when she comes back from a weekend away she'll be like 'ooh i was talking to this young doctor over the weekend. he's single..'.
  • Options
    Driving examinors. Make up your fucking mind. Failed one test for dropping my speed because of the wet road conditions. Fail another today for not dropping them enough. Both times I was going 55mph in a 60. SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I'M SUPPOSED TO GO 53mph and 59mph AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME?!!!

Gah. Calm now.
  • Options
    same here! my mum is in the TA and sometimes when she comes back from a weekend away she'll be like 'ooh i was talking to this young doctor over the weekend. he's single..'.
    Im single. :)

Should marry a doctor. Lots of money. :cool:
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Im single. :)

Should marry a doctor. Lots of money. :cool:

that's what i thought.

but he was a bit older and said he didn't want to date a student because they'd be still into going out whereas he had to stop in and read books. no ta. :)
  • Options
    that's what i thought.

but he was a bit older and said he didn't want to date a student because they'd be still into going out whereas he had to stop in and read books. no ta. :)
    What did you think? I was single? lol

Oh thanks. :chin:
  • Options
    no about the money being good.
  • Options

Sounds good to me! You go out on the lash, come home and vomit all over his books and he'll be fresh enough in the morning to bring you a bacon butty and a brew in bed :p
  • Options
    people who Revv their engines when youre crossing at the crossing even though its the green man! fuckers!
  • Options
    Shops / businesses / people with signs that don't know how to use an apostrophe correctly. Like, if you are spending a fortune getting a sign made up for your business then at least make sure it is all grammatically correct, otherwise you will just look like a complete knob.

and...
    People who say "ect". It's not ect, it's etc.
    People who don't know which button is the apostrophe button. It's ' not ` in case anyone was wondering.

People getting in my way.
  • Options
    the pacifically thing instead of specifically particularly winds me up

And Buses that dont stop when youre waiting there and just drive straight past even if youve signalled for them because theyre lazy fucking cunts. They should be on fucking piece work.
  • Options
    and...
    People who say "ect". It's not ect, it's etc.
    People who don't know which button is the apostrophe button. It's ' not ` in case anyone was wondering.
    People getting in my way.
    that is sooooooooo petty :lol:
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:

so are many of the things in this thread.
  • Options
    so are many of the things in this thread.
    Why there called pet hates. ;)
  • Options
    really? :razz:
  • Options
    Practically everything in this thread... but also people who say 'irregardless'.
  • Options
    Also:

- people who open their crisp bags at the wrong end and eat them upside down.

- people who, when you tell them about someone you irrationally hate (e.g. Robbie Williams or James Nesbitt), try to convert you to liking them.

- people who move my chair while I am sitting on it.

- people who describe themselves as 'random'.

- people who, when you are looking at something in a shop, say things like 'urgh no, that top's really UGLY!' well within earshot. So is YOUR FACE, but no one is rude enough to shout it right next you.

- people brushing their hair in public. Especially on buses.

- loud teenagers on buses.

- buses.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    - people who describe themselves as 'random'.

Please add quirky and zany to this list, along with all other alternatives.

People who see you talking to their boyfriend and feel the need to practically cock their legs and piss all over him to mark him as theirs.

People who inform you of gross things about your food as you eat it. No, I didn't know my food was made out of a pig's arsehole. I do now, the only difference it has made to me is that I now think YOU are a pig's arsehole. My food tastes fab thanks :thumb:
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    You're just saying that because it's you who does it wrong :p

Besides, this thread is supposed to be petty ;)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    People on buses who think that I want to listen to their godawful music.
  • Options
    Stagecoach in Newcastle bus drivers from the Walker depot. You are all cunts.

People who don't know how to use apostrophes.

People who leave voicemail for me at work and don't leave a telephone number and/or name. How am I supposed to call you back, brainiac?

People who say "I could care less". That isn't a put-down, moron.

Russell Brand. What is the point of that gurning cocksucker?

Estate agents and financial advisors. All of them, for reasons too many to mention.

Hotels and restaurants that think one soggy crosissant and a fromage frais is a "continental breakfast". Also, hotels and restaurants that try and pretend that they're fancy by calling gravy a "jus" and by calling a square of burnt but undercooked stewing steak a "medallion".

On a similar note, food critics, but especially the bell-end that writes for Metro up here.
  • Options
    People on buses who think that I want to listen to their godawful music.
    I get that when I am on the way to gym. Answer, take the headphones out and let them listen to what you have. Except Guns n roses is far more overpowering than this "Ghetto" shit these weasels play. :cool:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    HIT wrote:
    I get that when I am on the way to gym. Answer, take the headphones out and let them listen to what you have. Except Guns n roses is far more overpowering than this "Ghetto" shit these weasels play. :cool:

I can't do that on my MP3 player :(
  • Options
    I can't do that on my MP3 player :(
    I think you can buy speakers for the mp3 from Argos.

Ask for some for xmas. ;)
  • Options
    People who constantly say "but that's just your opinion" when you're having a debate/argument with them. Who the fuck else's opinion is it gonna be?

People who cancel plans because they "can't be arsed", especially when you've arranged yourself so you were free.

People who happily admit they slut it, then moan at feeling used and cheap.

People who are anything but Irish who ask what you're doing for St Patricks Day.

People who analyse and reminisce about the time a girl said hi or brushed past them, like it means anything other than saying hi or brushing past them.

People who miss the point of Christmas.

People who get all arsey when non English people don't support England at the World Cup.

People who deny they watch Reality TV

People in the office who sit staring at you all day