Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pet hates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are your pet hates?
Mine are prejudice, judging people (on their clothes, the TV shows they watch, music they listen to etc, beliefs etc...), unnecessary violence, murder, rape, child abuse, rudeness.

Comments

• Options
    People who dont indicate, people who use fog lights when it's not foggy and their full beam when there is no need. And people who park in Parent & Child spaces when they are lacking a child.

And people who dont close my garden gate behind them :grump:
  • Options
    people who take offence at something that was meant as a joke
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    People who dont indicate, people who use fog lights when it's not foggy and their full beam when there is no need. And people who park in Parent & Child spaces when they are lacking a child.

And people who dont close my garden gate behind them :grump:

Haha, all except the parent/child one (as it doesn't really apply to me!) are some of mine as well!!

My overall pet hate atm is SCROOGES. It's CHRISTMAS. I understand some people don't like spending all month celebrating BUT I DO. So GET OVER IT and stop trying to dampen my spirit!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    People who have forgotten how to say please and thank you, people who don't indicate, people who don't look when crossing the road, running out of hardboard when I haven't finished laying the floor :grump:
  • Options
    People who have forgotten how to say please and thank you, people who don't indicate, people who don't look when crossing the road, running out of hardboard when I haven't finished laying the floor :grump:
    I hate those too apart from the last one as it's never happened to me hehe. I hate it when people don't wait for the car to pass them before crossing the road.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I hate it when people don't wait for the car to pass them before crossing the road.

YES that too. I failed my driving test (well one of them.....) thanks to some idiot deciding to look, see me, and cross anyway. Turns out I'm meant to be psychic and predict that the silly cow was going to walk out into oncoming traffic. :no:

I still maintain I should have hit her.
  • Options
    Pikeys moving these caravans on the warren. Bastards.

Usually its people who dont say please or thank you. Or just demand things rather than ask.
  • Options
    when someone says they'll call you at a specific time, which you have to make special arrangements for, and then they don't bother :mad:

People who turn every little thing round so it's about them.

People who think that just because they are indicating, they can drive where they want. Or even worse, when they just go, and put their indicator on half way through trying to kill you. It's mirror, THEN signal, THEN MANOEUVRE, bitches! :shocking:

People on ebay selling size 6 jeans, who put things like 'have to sell them as they are just TOO big and fall down on me'. No one cares.

That's all for now. I have LOTS more :grump:
  • Options
    Atheists who think people believe in something are stupid / lesser / dangerous. My friend is one. She goes on about all the negative things about religion, like Jihad was all Muslims thought about all day, or that Christians were just thinking of new ways to hate gays.

Most religious people I know are happy and tolerant of other people's life choices. Yea, mini rant there.

I also hate liars. Everyone lies to me. Well, my dad didn't but my mum did. Then dad died. My best mate in Leicester doesn't really, but he's been compromised as his girlfriend will break his promises for him. My last girlfriend lied to me when I trusted her oh so much more than anyone else.

So please, don't lie. Tell me I smell like shit or you hate me or whatever :) but I end up finding these things out anyway and it's really starting to piss me off that people think they can get away with it!

Tailgaters as well.

And cocky young drivers who think because a motorbike pulls up next to them at a junction it's a race. And try and run me over in the process.
  • Options
    People who pull on locked doors, when there are TWO doorbells right there and then just stare in at you. Then pull some more, then stare some more, then pull again. If you are too stupid to ring the doorbell then you're too stupid to be in my company :\

People who set up appoitments for 9am and still havn't even come to work at 9:30.

People who tell you at 1:45 they have a person coming in for an interview at 2pm and to have them wait because they are goign to lunch and don't return until 3:30.

A two car garage with half of it filled with a desk that will *never* be used tht someone took home from work... idiot :\ so I have to park out in the cold and the snow and pull on my door so hard the little plastic handle feels like its going to break off every time and go thru windshield wipers like no tomorrow and don't even bother getting a car wash. Live right next to the highway, clean it and hour later its dirty again. Inconsiderate asshole.
  • Options
    Atheists who think people believe in something are stupid / lesser / dangerous. My friend is one. She goes on about all the negative things about religion, like Jihad was all Muslims thought about all day, or that Christians were just thinking of new ways to hate gays.
    Yeah I hate those sort of Atheists. I have heard them say things like "Jesus is a gay", just because they dont want to beleive.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Yeah I hate those sort of Atheists. I have heard them say things like "Jesus is a gay", just because they dont want to beleive.

Do you see what kind of sandals he wore :razz:

for those who lack humor, its a joke, I'm neither athiest nor care about jesus' sexuality
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

Bad day? :)
  • Options
    i don't think your feelings towards murder/rape can be classed as a 'pet hate'.

as for me...

people who don't indicate at roundabouts so you're waiting for no reason.
    people with no manners. i get this a lot working in a supermarket!
    when i'm at work and someone leaves their basket on the end of the belt on the silver bit when the thing you're meant to put them in is right underneath it.
    when i'm at work and people don't make proper use of the conveyor belt. i.e. they put things in a long thin line instead of taking up all the space. they they proceed to look at you as if to say 'hurry up, i'm running out of room'.
    when i'm at work and you come across things that people have decided they don't want anymore and decide to just dump it anywhere. this especially applies for fridge/freezer products that are just dumped on a shelf.
    when at work and on the self-scanning checkout when people don't listen to the machine say 'your notes are dispensed under the scanner' and then snap at you that the machine hasn't given them their change.
    when you're walking in town or something and someone infront of you suddenly decides to just stop.
    rude people in shops.

okay that'll do. as you can see i love my job. :thumb:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Do you see what kind of sandals he wore :razz:
    Yes "Jesus creepers", my dad went through a mid life crisis where he owned a pair.
  • Options
    People that have to give a speech to explain and back up everything around the main point they are trying to make.

Eg. "Im going to the shop because we ran out of milk because gertrude drank it all when i told them not to and also the last tin of beans is out of date and we shouldnt eat them, i hopefully wont be too long but if they dont have what i need i might have to go to the other shop which is far further down the road and i bloody well hope i dont have to walk all that way"

Instead of just saying "Im going to the shop, shouldnt take more than 10 mins"

:mad:

Also, people who dont clean up after their spillages, people that leave hair in the plug hole so the bath fills up when im having a shower, people that use the excuse of they cant afford it to get out of something but then they are spending money on other crap. Why not just say you dont want to!

Inconsiderate people. If i say im going to bed you should use your common sense that its rude to play your loud music and slam doors.

When my boyfriend keeps putting his alarm on snooze and it goes off every 10 minutes for about an hour before he decides to get up, and each time the alarm goes off he has to reach over me (squashing me) to put it on snooze again, by which time my lay in has been completely RUINED!

People who dont thank me when i let them go first, or hold a door open, or pick something up for them.

People with pushchairs that use their babies as an excuse to always push in front or just walk wherever they want without looking first.

People that shout at their children in shops when they are naughty but never tell the kid it's behaving well when its not doing something wrong.

People that put things on their shelf in the fridge that shouldnt be laid down, so that it drips all over my stuff underneath.

People that dress their pets (normally dogs) up, dye their fur, paint their nails. Thats not what they are for. They dont enjoy it. Get a fucking baby instead.
    People that feed their pets human food that is bad for them, dont care that its fat because they are "feeding it out of love". If you love it then you will feed it the diet it needs and not give it a premmature death.

:grump:
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    People who dont thank me when i let them go first, or hold a door open, or pick something up for them.

how could i forget!

i've taken to saying 'you're welcome!' to them. ;)
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    People that dress their pets (normally dogs) up, dye their fur, paint their nails. Thats not what they are for. They dont enjoy it. Get a fucking baby instead.

Dear god, don't encourage these people, can you imagine them with their millions of pets and millions of children, all in matching T Shirts?!
  • Options
    how could i forget!

I do that. It's a bad habit I've got into from my friend. Especially around college.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote:
    Bad day? :)

And its only been 45 minutes :p

HIT wrote:
    Yes "Jesus creepers", my dad went through a mid life crisis where he owned a pair.

:lol: Now I must say, that is hilarously awsome.
  • Options
    how could i forget!

Aha. I do that all the time. I get so pissed off with people sometimes.

B
  • Options
    Oh how could i forget.

Lorry drivers that sit up my arse for ages. In fact, anyone who sits up my arse full stop. I will drive at the speed that *I* want to, i dont want to break the speed limit so get the fuck over it and back off because you wont get anywhere any faster by trying to have anal sex with my exhaust.

Van drivers. They always overtake me when its not safe and almost give my a heart attack in the process.

People that lie for no reason. Its bad enough when people lie to get out of something, but whats the point in lying when nothing will come out of it? I have a friend who makes up loads of pointless stuff, nobody believes her but she still carries on.

People who think that their money and possessions make them better than others.

People who dont know the value of things. They always want the latest phone or whatever, which works perfectly fine but they still spend hundreds on a new one soon after. They just turf out the old things like it doesnt matter.

Attention seekers.

People that think everything is about them. They ask me how i am, so when i go to answer them telling them "ive had the fl..." oh wait, they havent let me finish my sentence because now they're talking about a time when they once had the flu and it was so much worse than anyone who has ever had the flu before and they almost died.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    Oh how could i forget.

Lorry drivers that sit up my arse for ages. In fact, anyone who sits up my arse full stop. I will drive at the speed that *I* want to, i dont want to break the speed limit so get the fuck over it and back off because you wont get anywhere any faster by trying to have anal sex with my exhaust.

Slam on the breaks or at stoplights throw your car into reverse ;)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Slam on the breaks or at stoplights throw your car into reverse ;)

They get so close that it would be dangerous for me to break
  • Options
    People who don't buy a round when it's their turn.
    People who read The Guardian and such like and look down on people who don't.
    People who never tire of telling strangers on the internet how attractive they think they are.
    People who stop and have a conversation in the middle of a shopping centre the third last Saturday before Xmas.
    People who don't help themselves and blame everybody else.
    Rangers fans.
    Celtic fans.
    Man United fans from anywhere but Manchester.
    Scottish people who don't bother properly supporting a Scottish team, but "support" Liverpool/Arsenal/Man United and Chelsea
    People who moan about X-Factor and stuff BUT STILL WATCH IT
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    They get so close that it would be dangerous for me to break

Exactly.

If I had full coverage insurance, oh there would be so many people that would regret fucking with me. Merge on top of me? I wouldn't move, drive too close? I'd gladly let you hit me. Run that red light? I would just keep on going on my green. Road rage at its finest :p
  • Options
    when you go out clubbing and all you want to do is enjoy the music/DJ and dance yet guys keep coming up to you and either try to talk to you or feel your arse :mad: i don't go clubbing so i can pull!!
  • Options
    people who drive with their fog lights on when it's not bloody well foggy!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    People who don't appreciate what they have
    People who rub in the fact that they have money when my families in a finantial shithole atm - a bit of tact wouldn't go amiss
    Being ill
    Being made to go out when i'm ill
    My dad moving out and not telling us, then turning up as and when he likes it and still keeps his room locked so we can't use it for guests/whatever.
    Not having time to myself
    Being stressed
    Hardly seeing my mum now she's got a bf
  • Options
    do some of you not know what a pet hate is? :\