Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Betty Blue

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Further to the film club poll... are people watching this?

I've got a shiney new chat calendar and I'm looking to schedule a film chat for December.

So do people want a Betty Blue chat? It won't last the whole sesh - just first hour (probably a sunday).

Let me know your thoughts :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah Betty Blue won. Might as well make this the actual thread to talk about it then. Mine should've come in the post today.

I haven't done a chat yet, so I'll give it a whirl before then sometime. But yeah, sounds good. Is it just like msn or what? Do it early in december if you can though, cos I'll create a thread for december nominations around that time too.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Yeah it's kind of like MSN, but you have lots of people in at the same time. It's a nice piece of software. You should pop in on Thurs night if you can.

Will definitely run at the beginning of Dec if people are interested.
  • Options
    who has watched it so far?
  • Options
    I have, I have! Loved it, cheers for bringing it to my attention SCC :D

Will reserve any further comments 'til there's a thread, or chat, or both.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

:heart::heart: :yippe: :thumb:
    I knew that you would like it
  • Options
    I rented it out today so will be watching it soon :thumb:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

This is the thread.
  • Options
    Well I thought it was a thread to ask if anyone was actually bothering to watch it, and whether a chat was wanted/needed. I also thought there'd be a thread started when we were "allowed" to start talking about it, if you see what I mean, because I don't want to start spouting off about it before anyone else has watched it. So there :p
  • Options
    Haven't watched it for ages. From memory it's great, until about five minutes in that is and then it gets boring ;)
  • Options
    Haven't watched it for ages. From memory it's great, until about five minutes in that is and then it gets boring ;)
    pervert!
  • Options
    pervert!

You say that like it's a bad thing. :angel:
  • Options
    How long is this film btw?
  • Options
    its pretty long. I have the directors cut which is about 3 hours. Im not sure how long the normal version is.
  • Options
    Thanks SCC. I think I'm going to watch it in bed tonight. I'd better go to bed soon if it's that long!
  • Options
    ah ha. so Betty Blue won. will get a copy...
  • Options
    Right, I watched it. Should I give my comments now or wait for a bit?
  • Options
    Is anyone else going to watch this film?
  • Options
    I'm getting home, having a sleep, then I'll watch it tonight. Feel free to start commenting on it though.
  • Options
    might sound a bit thick but i don't know what your all talking about.:o
    Im guessing a movies but i havent heard of Betty Blue , is it recent out? and what type of film is it?

thanks.
  • Options
    FlameOn wrote:
    might sound a bit thick but i don't know what your all talking about.:o
    Im guessing a movies but i havent heard of Betty Blue , is it recent out? and what type of film is it?

thanks.
    It's a film, it's not very recent but some of us on here were going to watch it and then discuss it on here. It is a french film, it's got several scenes where you see a man's knob and the overall storyline is quite dark.
  • Options
    you see Betty naked more than you see Zorg naked tho.
  • Options
    what did you think of the film R.G?
  • Options
    you see Betty naked more than you see Zorg naked tho.
    Yes but you always see naked women in films, a flaccid slug dick is more novel.
  • Options
    fo sho`

Definitely makes a good change and i think it adds to it that its not just naked woman and covered up man.
  • Options
  • Options
    Get it from the HMV website. £4.99 delivered. I've never seen it on the high street.
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Do you think I'll be able to get this from the usual high street places or am I going to have to order it from Amazon?
    I rented it from my local independent video store.
  • Options
    Im sure youll be able to get it from larger virgin stores or HMV or suchlike. I cant remember where I got mine from, but its fairly well known for a foreign film so shouldnt be too hard to find.
  • Options
    what did you think of the film R.G?
    Okay. I've been thinking about my response and how I feel about the film for a week now as it was last Thursday that I watched it.

To be honest I found it very scary to watch this film. I could see a lot of myself in the character of Betty (although I don't have her hips or her dark black fluff region) and my own mental health problems seem to be spiralling out of control and the ending of the film was very black.

It was nice to see a different body shape in a film though as most Hollywood stuff that has nude scenes show male butt cheeks and nude women that have a very tradionally perfect body which is ok, there is nothing wrong with being slim but it is also nice to see someone with more curves as I think Hollywood gives us a distorted image of what bodies "should" look like.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    It was nice to see a different body shape in a film though as most Hollywood stuff that has nude scenes show male butt cheeks and nude women that have a very tradionally perfect body which is ok, there is nothing wrong with being slim but it is also nice to see someone with more curves as I think Hollywood gives us a distorted image of what bodies "should" look like.
    That's curvy? I thought that was petite.

Anyway I've just watched it. Great characters, decent film. But I thought it could've been much tighter. I reckon you could tell that story just as well if not better in about 2 hours, because it's not as if it was one of those multi-layered multi character things, it was essentially only about 2 people. But it was still a really good film and I loved the characters in it (I have a thing about fucked up characters - anything else is boring in a film).