Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What Not To Wear

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think most things I cant stand have been covered. Although when my boss wears his shirts and they dont quite cover his stomach and see this mass of hairy fatness between the shirt and trousers its not nice. And when I can see underwear above their trouser waistband on either sex its just wrong. An blonde skanky hair extensions popular with strippers and gold diggers.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Flipping thru the channels and seeing PCU, brought another one:

You're wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy.

I do that quite a bit if I have a hoodie/tshirt I will wear it too a bands gig. Esp when I went to see FOB and wore a very old tshirt design because I'd been into them about a year and a half longer then most of the emos there who'd liked them for all of two minutes.
  • Options
    And when I can see underwear above their trouser waistband on either sex its just wrong.

I was out last night and there was a guy leaning over the balcony who had that going on. It made me giggle, because normally it says Calvin Klein or something, but this guys said Next underwear!
  • Options
    People that wear mustard coloured things makes me laugh, its one of the most hideous colours and people wouldnt dream of wearing it if it wasnt in fashion!

I also hate footless tights, skinny jeans, pants showing because trousers are worn deliberately too low. Cullottes. Girls wearing smart shorts teamed with high heels and other 'going out' wear. White trousers. Fur gilets. Ankle boots.

Girls with that bogbrush haircut (not clothes, but still shouldnt be done, ever)

ETA; long tops with a belt over the top. This looks SO LAME.

And those nurse belt things, waist clinchers? Yep, i think they all look crap.
  • Options
    free flowing hanging bellies
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    People that wear mustard coloured things makes me laugh, its one of the most hideous colours and people wouldnt dream of wearing it if it wasnt in fashion!

I also hate footless tights, skinny jeans, pants showing because trousers are worn deliberately too low. Cullottes. Girls wearing smart shorts teamed with high heels and other 'going out' wear. White trousers. Fur gilets. Ankle boots.

Girls with that bogbrush haircut (not clothes, but still shouldnt be done, ever)

ETA; long tops with a belt over the top. This looks SO LAME.

And those nurse belt things, waist clinchers? Yep, i think they all look crap.
    Some if that stuff I like :p
  • Options
    I agree, I like waist cinchers, though I was doing it way before it became fashionable. Well cut culottes are beautifull and wear really nicely, they hang in a wonderfull full swishy way and look and feel fab. Long tops with a belt canlook ok. The rest, I'll give ya!
  • Options
    This type of "shoe":yuck:
  • Options
    I agree :yuck:
  • Options
    LOL. I dont get the obsession with crocs.
    I hear theyre supposed to be super comfy. Theyd wanna be, looking like that!
  • Options
    I see a man in a pink pair recently :(
  • Options
    they look like something I'd imagine to be standard issue nhs footwear on a mental health ward or somehting, along with padded walls and a straight jacket.
  • Options

Amen sista!
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I see a man in a pink pair recently :(

I saw that too :(
  • Options
    i wont pick ppl up on their style cos it invites very personal and nasty criticism. so consequently i've trained my mind to ignore this.
  • Options
    But, why embarrass yourself when it's free to get fitted and there's gorgeous bras in pretty much every size these days?!

This annoys me as well, but i have to say, as a bigger busted girl... they are a hell of a lot more expensive than smaller sizes and you can't buy them in as many places. And a lot of the prettiest bras don't go up to the largest sizes.

Having said that, i'd rather own two bras that fit me well than 20 that give me the attractive 4 breast, rolls of fat above and below look.

(and i do).

So yeah, just generally people wearing clothes that don't fit them properly.
  • Options
    something that wont give the vibe....:shocking:
  • Options
    mythikal wrote:
    something that wont give the vibe....:shocking:
    What's "the vibe"?
  • Options
    For women, I think big bellies hanging out over their jeans with a short t-shirt on, and a thong showing, or ankle boots with a skirt

For men, Baggy pants, brilliant white trainers, pink t-shirts, flower print, trackies, Baggy sweaters, jogging pants
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i just thought that because kermit is so wrong about paul smith being a hooligan brand!! its not even close.

It is a hooligan brand- its one of the labels that are very popular amongst the crews, as Spliffie says.

You're confusing hooligan wear with charver wear. Hooligans tend to wear expensive designer clothing.
  • Options
    but they sell paul smith things in places like harvey nics.
  • Options
    nothing wrong with paul smith

a lot of business men wear paul smith suits

would like to know how hooligans can afford paul smith tbh
  • Options
    I'm sure they do, and the £3000 suits won't be worn by the crew.

But that's not what I said. I think the clothes make you look like a football hooligan. Obviously the £3000 suit is an exception, but how many people wear those?
  • Options
  • Options
    You all mention the larger lady wearing jeans that are too small etc. Which i agree with, but none of you mention wearing jeans that are too big also, they look just as bad.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm sure they do, and the £3000 suits won't be worn by the crew.

But that's not what I said. I think the clothes make you look like a football hooligan. Obviously the £3000 suit is an exception, but how many people wear those?
    who are the "crew"?
  • Options
    Whats so bad about bra straps showing? I pretty much always wear jeans and a strappy top, it's how I feel comfortable. And due to the strappy top my bra straps are on show. I have no choice in wearing a bra, my boobs look and feel horrible without one. And strapless bras are a pile of pants.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    who are the "crew"?

Where is your brain?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Where is your brain?

she's asking a valid question...!

so solid crew? :p
  • Options
    roll necks and large boobs...cropped trousers and short people, horizontal stripes on very large women, shapeless clothes on short apple shaped women, very volumous clothes on little people. corsets on flat chested women. revealing tops and mini skirts
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I think he means 'crew' as in a gathering of football hooligans.