Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What Not To Wear

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the thing is.. all these different outfits can look really good on some people if they know how to pull it off and have a good figure. but then a lot of people don't and it looks fucking awful! im small so i know not to wear skinny jeans coz it just looks really unflattering. but then coz i have slim legs i can get away with footless tights/leggings with skirts or a long top. its all about selecting things that suit you, your style and your figure.
  • Options
    im so glad they brought footless tights out 'cause it keeps me that tiny bit warmer on a night out! :D
  • Options
    :yes: :D
  • Options
    IMO I Never see anyone that looks good in Leggings, I'm tall ish and slim, and wouldn't dream of wearing them.

They were fine when i was 11, (and only then for gymnastics) but no more!
    :eek:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    I like the look of girls wearing big baggy jeans and a fitted hoody. It looks a bit scruffy, it looks a bit emo, and I think thats great.

:no:

I generally like women to look like women
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    A guy came into work today in ghetowear with some black pants, a black and red shirt and some black and red shoes... I think its wrong to match that much. He looked weird.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    A guy came into work today in ghetowear with some black pants, a black and red shirt and some black and red shoes... I think its wrong to match that much. He looked weird.

Maybe he was having an identity crisis, and thought he was dennis the menace...
  • Options
    Maybe he was having an identity crisis, and thought he was dennis the menace...

Little more like Dennis Rodman stylee.
  • Options
    Pink T-shirts
    Pre ripped jeans
    T-shirts with crappy lettering all over it
    A lot of things from topman
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Little more like Dennis Rodman stylee.

I love it when people dress silly, It makes life so much more laughable!

:lol:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Tight leggings with a short skirt looks awful on anyone who isn't a five-year-old girl pretending to be a princess and/or attending ballet class. Unless you're a five-year-old in a tutu then you look like a fat-arsed tramp. Shop mannequins look like fat-arsed tramps in that gear, and they're usually a size four.

That said, you get bonus points if your leggings have horizontal stripes- not only do girls wearing this combo look like they've got an arse the size of Finland, they've got thunderthighs that Michelle McManus would wince at too!

The only thing worse than this is a girl wearing leggings with 3/4 length jeans. The only thing worse than this is a girl wearing leggings with 3/4 jeans and white ugg boots.

I'm still continually amazed by girls wearing the floaty gypsy tops- again, they make the mannequin look pregnant, so what hope does a normal girl have?

Tucking jeans into boots is always a no-no. Even if you have the slender calves required it makes your calves look about 4 inches tall. If you're 6'4 and weigh six stone I could see you making it work, but otherwise NO! They invented bootcut for a reason.
    What he said.

I absolutely hate footless tights / leggings worn with a skirt and ballet pumps.