Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What Not To Wear

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    leggings
    boots over your pants
    skirts with leggings
    oversized off the shoulder sweater
    that w/ leggings
    leg warmers
    red pumps with oversized off the shoulder sweater and leggings
    crimped hair with leggings
    blue eyeliner with leggings
    slouch shoes with leggings
    belts over your leggings
    big beads
    ballet shoes
    skinny leggings
    black leggings
    men in pink leggings
    men with long hair (over 1 inch)
    men w/ spiked hair
    men and jewlery and leggings
    men and turtleneck leggings
    bra straps... there is no such thing as a cute look because your bra strap has glitter
    men in flare or boot cut leggings
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    eta: i think you're confusing it with ted baker

No, I'm really not.

Blair wearing Paul Smith was enough to put me off. Tacky shite.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Especially girls wearing the wrong size bra (and you can tell).

That annoys me more than ANYTHING in the whole world. I pick up on it all the time, it must drive all my mates crazy. But, why embarrass yourself when it's free to get fitted and there's gorgeous bras in pretty much every size these days?!

I'm going to calm down already...
  • Options
    That annoys me more than ANYTHING in the whole world. I pick up on it all the time, it must drive all my mates crazy. But, why embarrass yourself when it's free to get fitted and there's gorgeous bras in pretty much every size these days?!

I'm going to calm down already...

I'm with you on that. Isn't it just unbearably uncomfortable anyways? How do they even wear it I wonder.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I'm with you on that. Isn't it just unbearably uncomfortable anyways? How do they even wear it I wonder.

I used to be a bra-fitter, and at least once a day I'd fit someone, and they;'d be wearing a 36C and I'd say 'Here, try a 32G/38E/whatever size' and they'd even admit to it being comfier - yet they'd go and buy another 36C. You can't fucking help some people.
  • Options
    I used to be a bra-fitter, and at least once a day I'd fit someone, and they;'d be wearing a 36C and I'd say 'Here, try a 32G/38E/whatever size' and they'd even admit to it being comfier - yet they'd go and buy another 36C. You can't fucking help some people.

People are strange.
  • Options
    slowly but surely I think british and 'austrish' bra size letter-codes are different.

Nobody wearing a G could ever for the love of god fit into a C cup, moreover do I think there aren't anything like "G" around here.

F is already battlecruiser-like.
  • Options
    Flipping thru the channels and seeing PCU, brought another one:

You're wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy.
  • Options
    What about a

"Rock out, with your cock out"-t-shirt?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

aw i dont think thats that bad! i've never done it like, but i wouldnt not do it. showing your support! hehe.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

Surely it's better than what a friend of mine did - he took his wife to see a band and was wearing a different band's t-shirt.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Surely it's better than what a friend of mine did - he took his wife to see a band and was wearing a different band's t-shirt.
    I don't see whats so wrong with that.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    also not really about how people dress or what is the "right" thing to wear (so don't shift to Style either, you buggers)...

Of course it is :p How is it not?!
  • Options
    I don't like people wearing band t shirts when they aren't a fan.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    lea_uk wrote:
    I don't like people wearing band t shirts when they aren't a fan.
    There are people wearing t-shirts of bands they don't like?? :chin:
  • Options
    People who are stupid enough to go out in a mini skirt/vest top/shorts - any other stuipidly in appropriate item - in the depths of winter without a coat
  • Options
    MUFFIN TOPS!!

arrrggghhh they make me so angry!!!

put it away - there is a girl in my class at college shes not really fat, like a size 14 id say but wears like size 10 trousers and her fat hangs over the waist of her trousers, and wears top that hardly go over her bleey button, he is pretty too with nice hair if she wore trousers her size and longer tops shed look so nice! grrrr i hate muffin tops
  • Options
    There are people wearing t-shirts of bands they don't like?? :chin:
    Yep, because the band is cool so they'll wear a T-shirt so people will think they're a really cool person.

On a similar subject - Che Guevara T-shirts worn by people who have no idea who is is or what he stood for.

Trousers hanging down below the waist. Even worse when the person is wearing a belt through the belt loops, but as mere decoration. I don't see how it looks good. There's an emo guy in the flat downstairs who wears his trousers halfway down his arse, every day, & I don't get it, as the hideous underwear he wears kinda undermines the emo-ness of his outfit - skinny black T-shirt with band logo, skinny back jeans, black leather studded belt, black hair brushed to one side... & lime green boxers.
  • Options
    Trousers hanging down below the waist. Even worse when the person is wearing a belt through the belt loops, but as mere decoration. I don't see how it looks good. There's an emo guy in the flat downstairs who wears his trousers halfway down his arse, every day, & I don't get it, as the hideous underwear he wears kinda undermines the emo-ness of his outfit - skinny black T-shirt with band logo, skinny back jeans, black leather studded belt, black hair brushed to one side... & lime green boxers.

I would agree, but theres a super hot guy who plays pool at the bar I go to on a Tuesday who wears his trousers like that, and for the sake of being able to stare at his rather fine backside every time he bends to take a shot I can't disagree :p Except the bit about the boxers. That is very wrong.

/perve
  • Options
    I hate it when women wear short/cropped tops to show off their belly, when they dont have the belly for it, or are pregnant and covered in stretch marks...im not saying their is anything offensive about the stretchmarks, but have a bit of decency!
  • Options
    The one thing that really gets my goat is the girls that wear size 10 super low rise jeans when they're an ample size 14. If they wore the right size jeans to begin with, we wouldn't see a mahoosive roll of fat trying to break itself loose.
    I don't get why girls wear jeans that their arse crack hangs out of - it's like they pick up the first pair of size 6 jeans in new look and buy them, then force them to fit. It really does anger me.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    paul smith's clothes are lovely! its not even like ben sherman or other chavtastic makes.

eta: i think you're confusing it with ted baker

Ben sherman isn't even a truly chavtastic make tbh - only the fake/debenhams stuff. Some of the formal stuff is really nice (just very over-priced)

Check out the suit attached...

I wouldn't object to walking out with a man in a suit like that tbh.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Ben sherman isn't even a truly chavtastic make tbh - only the fake/debenhams stuff. Some of the formal stuff is really nice (just very over-priced)

Check out the suit attached...

I wouldn't object to walking out with a man in a suit like that tbh.
    i just thought that because kermit is so wrong about paul smith being a hooligan brand!! its not even close.
    http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/collections/aw06/men.html
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i just thought that because kermit is so wrong about paul smith being a hooligan brand!! its not even close.

Yeah I know what you mean :)
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Exactly. I wouldn't touch high street designer suits, you're just paying for the name. They're no better quality than the in-store suits you get in River Island or Debenhams. I know that's the same with any other clothes, but with a suit, you might as well spend the extra money on getting it properly fitted for you, rather than buying a suit that looks good on a model in a photo.
  • Options
    Ww, some of you are really angry about what other people wear. It annoys me when I look down and all the men are wearing BORING same-y flat black shoes.
  • Options
    Paul Smith is actually fairly popular amongst footie hooligans, like most labels which ain't overly floral or feminine.

There can no comparison to SI and Burberry though...which are truly cringeworthy.
  • Options
    Exactly. I wouldn't touch high street designer suits, you're just paying for the name. They're no better quality than the in-store suits you get in River Island or Debenhams. I know that's the same with any other clothes, but with a suit, you might as well spend the extra money on getting it properly fitted for you, rather than buying a suit that looks good on a model in a photo.

You can tell a cheap suit straight off, if you have an eye for that kind of thing.

There is a solution though, and it's called TK Maxx. :cool:
  • Options
    I've just got back from a holiday and I saw a lot of bad clothes. A lot of Spanish women seem to dress really sluttily and look like hookers. You don't need to have cleavage AND legs out at the same time, it's tacky. Or bra showing through t-shirt.

on the other hand I saw a lot of overweight Brits in shorts/riding up tops. I'm a bit overweight myself and I'm not meaning to be bitchy but even if it's hot there is no need to reveal so much flesh. It's far more comfortable and flattering to wear loose clothes that skim your body.

I hate most fashionable things, like skinny jeans (disgusting) and being expected to change the colours you wear twice a year. Wear the colours that flatter you, who cares if they are in fashion? Who wants to wear the same colours as everyone else?