Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So where/how did you meet him/her?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I met my chap in a rock club on new years some time ago, decided he was UBER hot, bit the bullet and walked up then offered to buy him a drink (apparently this got his attention right away as girls don't usually do that). Had a great evening talking to him and drinking with him... then he VANISHED. I spent three days kicking myself, and then he rang me... it transpired that he knew one of my friends and had phoned her to get MY number the next day. He was at university about 500 miles away at the time, and drove down every weekend to see me. Now this is where it gets dumb.. for some reason I did'nt click that he really liked me, and so nothing further happened for six months, other than us becoming really close friends, I even went to the isle of wight festival with him, and slept in the same bed.. being a complete gent he did'nt lay a finger on me.
    One evening my dad (who had met him a fair few times) finally lost patience with me, and pointed out that it was blindingly obvious that he fancied me at least as much as I fancied him. So I emailed him at uni, and asked him out. The rest is history, we now have a house togther and are planning a little one soon. I am STILL completely, embarrassingly, totally in love with him. He is still entertained that I was so totally slow on the uptake.
  • Options
    djrafikie wrote:
    I met my chap in a rock club on new years some time ago, decided he was UBER hot, bit the bullet and walked up then offered to buy him a drink (apparently this got his attention right away as girls don't usually do that). Had a great evening talking to him and drinking with him... then he VANISHED. I spent three days kicking myself, and then he rang me... it transpired that he knew one of my friends and had phoned her to get MY number the next day. He was at university about 500 miles away at the time, and drove down every weekend to see me. Now this is where it gets dumb.. for some reason I did'nt click that he really liked me, and so nothing further happened for six months, other than us becoming really close friends, I even went to the isle of wight festival with him, and slept in the same bed.. being a complete gent he did'nt lay a finger on me.
    One evening my dad (who had met him a fair few times) finally lost patience with me, and pointed out that it was blindingly obvious that he fancied me at least as much as I fancied him. So I emailed him at uni, and asked him out. The rest is history, we now have a house togther and are planning a little one soon. I am STILL completely, embarrassingly, totally in love with him. He is still entertained that I was so totally slow on the uptake.

That's one of my favourites. Very nice story...
  • Options
    in an aol chatroom yeeeeaaarrrss ago. Like when i was 11 or something. We hardly spoke for ages then he starting coming online more often so we were talking more. Eventually we were talking nearly every day and even on the phone. Then we met in person 2 years ago, went out, broke up because we were too young. Had a year without any contact, then he got back in touch and it went from there. Been together 10 months now :heart:
  • Options
    i met my boyfriend in a bar but we were both a bit shy....... later on that night he was talking to my friend and he didnt realise how close by i was .....the music stopped at the point he was saying to his friend "shes got a lovely smile" and pointed towards me. everyone heard him and he went totally red. we got chatting and swapped numbers .....then a few days later went out for a date. and here we are now 5 years on living together with a kitten and some fish! been on holiday loads together too...spain, oz, now disney florida in january.

:-) not cinderella story but its all good
  • Options
    ^^ that is so nice, especially the kitten part.

I went on a date with the boy today..Still haven't kissed! Aw
  • Options
    i met my boyfriend in a bar but we were both a bit shy....... later on that night he was talking to my friend and he didnt realise how close by i was .....the music stopped at the point he was saying to his friend "shes got a lovely smile" and pointed towards me. everyone heard him and he went totally red. we got chatting and swapped numbers .....then a few days later went out for a date. and here we are now 5 years on living together with a kitten and some fish! been on holiday loads together too...spain, oz, now disney florida in january.

Awww thats a nice story :heart:
  • Options

Well you wouldn't wanna wear squirrels would ya ? :D
  • Options
    On here :o
  • Options
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Wow, me too, what a coincidence :razz:

:heart::heart:
    omg you 2 are boyfriend and girlfriend!!! :shocking:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:

OMG like. :shocking:
  • Options
    OMG like. :shocking:
    calm down.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    calm down.

:sour:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:

LMAO
  • Options
    :cool:
  • Options
  • Options
    Bloody hell. I read that on your profile ages ago. I figured you we're kidding.
  • Options
    Met on the internet. Havent spent longer than 2 days apart. It's been a year and a half now. :)
  • Options
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Why?

WHAT?

You are going out with Infinite?

holy damn... what a small world.

*spreads gossip*
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Bloody hell. I read that on your profile ages ago. I figured you we're kidding.
    Ages ago? Shit, I thought it was recent. I'm losing my skill of digging up gossip...
  • Options
    :shocking:

Just joining in......
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    *spreads gossip*

Pheh, I knew weeks ago :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Pheh, I knew weeks ago :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:

yeah, easy to say "I knew all that beforehand" afterwards...
  • Options
  • Options
    Me and my boy were housemates at uni. We lived together 18 months before he sent me a text on my birthday telling me he liked me...but i was too embarrassed to do anything about it, so cue a couple of weeks of him chasing me and me innocently flirting, and then a few weeks of texting hundreds of times a day over the christmas holidays. Eventually i succombed to the obvious and told him i felt the same, so we eventually had our first kiss about 2 weeks after we officially decided to be a couple, and about 6 weeks after he first told me! We are now 4 years down the line and still very happy living together, (though by ourselves now!) and are blissfully loved up :heart:
  • Options
    In a field, on a training course for people who were going to work security at a massive Scout camp. He was on the course, I was one of the trainers. Role play of confrontational situations. How I managed to look attractive on that one I will never know.
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    :lol:

Kermit knew before even me and Infinite did, you know :razz:
    Kermit knew before me and Crocidolite knew as well, because his sheep called Gerald tells him secrets :yes:
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    :lol:

Kermit knew before even me and Infinite did, you know :razz:

I have sources with dodgy Mockney accents, don't I, like?

(Yes, gerald is a wideboy geezer).