Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So where/how did you meet him/her?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Where and how did you meet your partner? And how'd it feel? ie, did you know straight the way you'd be with him/her or did it takes months of playing games and persuading? Just out of curiosity of course (!)- i'm interested to know...

At work. And we were in that 'just friends/boyfriend+girlfriend' limbo for months. But it's all good now. :)
  • Options
    AOL instant messenger chatroom. Metallica 22, actually. Imagine that. We've been together for 3 years now haha. It's not an online relationship... by the way..
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    On here.

Yeh.

who is it this time? :o
  • Options
    Met me ex through work, he hired me and used to by my boss, but we only got toghter once he, errr, 'left'.

And by left I mean fired.
  • Options
    We met through a friend, who mentioned him one night to me and i liked the sound of him so i got his number.

Then started texting him, after a while we met up and was seeing each other for a month or two and we then decided we wanted to be together :D
  • Options
    mine was on holiday with the lads. My intention was to go out on the pull every night, but i met this girl who was away on a similar style holiday, we met in the hotel bar and didnt even make it out that night we just stayed up talking.

i spent all my time on holiday with her, and my mates got on with her mates really well. Things progressed really quickly, by the end of the 2 weeks i felt like ive known her all my life, shes my ideal girlfriend and ive never even thought about other girls since her, which is some what different for me.
  • Options
    awww. :)
  • Options
    i dont know whether im getting a warm fuzzy 'love is all around'/'the world is beautiful that so many people are in love' :heart::heart: feeling or just slightly nauseous at all these sickening love stories:sour: :sour:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Ooh, I love this stuff. How exciting! Let us (or me, at least, as I am a nosy parker) know how it goes :hyper: :thumb:

It was quite fun! He didn't arrive till very late into the night which bugged me but he kept putting off coming over to say hi because he was nervous. When he did, he made my friends laugh with his jokes so it seems to be a good sign. Plus he's kinda cute too! Only downside was he tried to kiss me when I left. But it felt like it was for the 'i got off with her factor' rather than a 'this feels alright' stage. Never mind! Only negative point so far. He invited me out for a meal at the end of this week. Ahhh! :hyper:
  • Options
    Met through my friend who had met him at a shcools competition. Talked online. Met up a few times. I liked him, he liked me. BUT he also like the friend. Ouch. They went out for a week, realised it was not going to work (he realised that he could never see her, as her parents are anal, and they didnt have much in common with her, and that he liked me more = bad mistake.)... refused to talk to me for a week, as he'd "fucked up my life enough."

Got a text a week later from him. We talked again that night online from 9pm till 4am.

Asked him out a few days later :)

It's been 1year, 3 months and 3days :)

I love the little bugger :)

Are planning on trying to live with eachother soonish (next 6months or so).

Just hope we can find somewhere cheap enough :(
  • Options
    who is it this time? :o
    This time :grump:?

I've only ever had one other proper relationship with someone off here ;(.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:

i was kidding. :p

so go on then, spill!
  • Options
    I met my fella when I was 16 and he was 18... my mate was pulling his mate so we were sort of forced into it. We were seeing each other for a couple of months but we ended it because he was in the army and we hardly got to see each other.

Met him a few times over the years out and about... and got a bit steamy when we shouldn't have. Tut tut. Anyway... his mate messaged me randomly online at the end of last year - my fella was touring Iraq at the time. He came home at Christmas, we got together... and that's where we are today. Except he left the army in July so I see him whenever I want. Winner!
  • Options
    Franki wrote:

Who else have you had a "proper relationship" with from here?! :o

I've heard about random things here and there off people but NOT relationships :p

Spill the beans missy!
  • Options
    i was kidding. :p

so go on then, spill!
    Haha. Fair enough.

No :p.

Stace - you know who the other person was. You SO know. Everyone else does.
  • Options
    I DON'T!!!! Honestly!!!

PM me it! I actuallly don't know.

I've been told about a few people you've been with by people but like, I don't know who you had a RELATIONSHIP with. Like, really.

I probably don't pay enough attention tbh and it was probably that long ago that I can't remember it.

Oh, and you should just tell Lucifer who you are dating. Everyone else knows! :p
  • Options
    Fucking hell
  • Options
    Triple fucking posts.
  • Options
    I DON'T!!!! Honestly!!!

PM me it! I actuallly don't know.

I've been told about a few people you've been with by people but like, I don't know who you had a RELATIONSHIP with. Like, really.

I probably don't pay enough attention tbh and it was probably that long ago that I can't remember it.

Oh, and you should just tell Lucifer who you are dating. Everyone else knows! :p
    The cunt, tbh.
  • Options
    Scott? He was on the site?

Really?

I actually didn't know that.
  • Options
    Scott? He was on the site?

Really?

I actually didn't know that.
    You did. I've told you that.
  • Options
    Wow... :\ Just being nosy, no need for such rudeness.
  • Options
    ETA: sorry Manda, I just don't like talking about it.
  • Options
    Double post :rolleyes:
  • Options
    And as you added this bit after I had already started replying - no I shouldn't. I don't want it all over TheSite, the people that know are the ones that I want knowing.

End.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    You did. I've told you that.
    When?! :confused:

I really didn't know. Maybe you did once tell me but like, um, I've forgotten. You haven't really said much about Scott to me tbh. I don't even know much about the boy. I had no idea he was on the site. I just read your LJ at the time you were with him.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    And as you added this bit after I had already started replying - no I shouldn't. I don't want it all over TheSite, the people that know are the ones that I want knowing.

End.
    Fair enough.

:)
  • Options
    When?! :confused:

I really didn't know. Maybe you did once tell me but like, um, I've forgotten. You haven't really said much about Scott to me tbh. I don't even know much about the boy. I had no idea he was on the site. I just read your LJ at the time you were with him.
    Well, I remember telling you.

*shrug*
  • Options
    Mmmmm.

I have a memory of a gold fish.

Remembering normal things is just as hard as trying to remember things I learn in uni lectures.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses people. Very interesting...