Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So where/how did you meet him/her?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Where and how did you meet your partner? And how'd it feel? ie, did you know straight the way you'd be with him/her or did it takes months of playing games and persuading? Just out of curiosity of course (!)- i'm interested to know...

Comments

• Options
    On a dating site. We first actually met online Dec '04 and met for the first time July last year. Things wen't really well, even with the intervention of the world's biggest fuckwit (david). Sort of semi-moved in with each other Jan this year and moved in together properly August this year.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    On a dating site. We first actually met online Dec '04 and met for the first time July last year. Things wen't really well, even with the intervention of the world's biggest fuckwit (david). Sort of semi-moved in with each other Jan this year and moved in together properly August this year.
    oooh do tell us about David

The guy who I have my mine pies on at the moment, I met through friends....boring really but he's not!
  • Options
    Known each other as friends for years and years, have always had my beady eyes on him but never really got a chance to develop anything with him before as he has been moving around the world for the last decade and was only ever home for the odd month or two.

Met again in a club earlier this year, decided to go away on a dirty weekend before he went back to Thailand where he was living at the time. He then went back for less than a month before deciding he wanted to sell up, come back and give things a go. The rest, as they say, is history... and I think this might be "it" now unless George Clooney calls.
  • Options
    met her in a club, went up to her, said "nice legs, what time do they open?" and three hours later we were married.
  • Options
    internet... full story in here somewhere... sorry to lazy to type it again... lol...
  • Options
    On here
  • Options
    Through a friend of a friend. Had just broken up with a girlfriend about 5 days before i met her so definitley wasn't looking for anything even slightly serious. It was just casual sex for a while before I realised that it actually wasn't that casual, that I was spending a lot of time with her and that I hadn't really looked at another girl since i met her.

Sad I know
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Through a friend of a friend. Had just broken up with a girlfriend about 5 days before i met her so definitley wasn't looking for anything even slightly serious. It was just casual sex for a while before I realised that it actually wasn't that casual, that I was spending a lot of time with her and that I hadn't really looked at another girl since i met her.

Sad I know
    LOL that's like the beginning of my story....and the end I'd like!
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    On here

I haven't followed that one, who are you with on here?
  • Options
    Where and how did you meet your partner? QUOTE]
    My ex-b/f (my main long rlship), I met in a bar. My friend knew his so we started talking and he was the first guy i ever met in a bar and took back to my place :p

I met my current b/f online - as geeky as it sounds, we met playing an online game :) . we knew each other vaguely about 6 months before we really started talking, and we met in rl for the first time about 4 months after that.
    And how'd it feel? ie, did you know straight the way you'd be with him/her or did it takes months of playing games and persuading? [/

definitely didnt know straight away - gradually went from friends to something more and even then it wasnt certain (didnt help at all that i had just had a messy break-up of a 7yr rlship). after our first meeting in real life, i didnt really think i would persue it any further but after lots more getting to know each other and eventually meeting up again, it just clicked together and we decided to make a go of it (despite living in different countries). I still feel insecure about it from time to time but just taking it day by day and enjoying it.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    oooh do tell us about David

This may be a bit involved :).

Well bf met D at about the same time last year as he met me. Anyhoo, all was fine, we were both 'sort of' dating my bf until one day Pile of Shit #1 D comes home, there's 2 guys waiting for him and kick the crap out of him, and say thats a present off your ex. Now my bf has a real psycho ex. He's spent about £25,000 on legal bills getting the cunt legally restrained. Bf's been followed, had 2 cars and a motorbike damged, had friends cars damaged (paint stripper/window smashing etc), bf beaten up on several occassions and had the barrel of shotgun suck in his mouth.

Now a few days after being 'beaten up' D is at Bf's place and i ask how D is, what are his bruises like. Bf says well he hasn't got any ! DING DING DING DING my cynical old queen alarm starts ringing. I'll just add here, that D knows about me and that i'm HIV+. So i'm thinking to myself, A ha, he's trying to play the 'victim' to my bf to make himself look all vulnerable and innocent and hurt blah blah blah. D doesn't want the police or anyone else involved. My cynic alarm is now on AMBER ALERT.

So, a few uneventful weeks pass (we're about august now) and 'Pile of crap #2' D is mysteriously found at home passed out. His ex wife texts, not calls, my bf to say what's happened. Turns out he's got type 2 diabetes 'victim syndrome'. A few days later bf and D are out 'pile of crap #3' and D has to go to pharmacy as he feels unwell and says pharmacist has to inject him with insulin. DING DING DING, cynic alarm on RED ALERT. Highly unlikely a pharmacist would inject you, where's his scrip for the insulin, why doesn't he carry insulin with him at all, why does he eat like a horse, eat loads of sweets and polish off 2 bottles of red wine in a sitting ! Hmmmmmmmm

Spoke to bf about it all but he didn't seem convinced.

Im gonna stop writing pile of crap coz there's so much :) D goes to Ibiza for a week at august bank holiday w/e with ex wife and son and apparently D's ex bf has plundered his accounts. D comes back to england and is the rammed off the road by ex bf. Ex bf is tried, conviceted, sentenced to 4 years, all in a week ! I asked bf if D went to court, bf says no D didn't go to MAGISTRAITES court. DING DING DING cynic alarm is fucking red hot. No way on earth will someone be caught, tried and convicted in a week for this crime AND for 4 years you'd need to be in a crown court.

AT this point i had a serious talk with bf about all this and it was such crap, and he was sort of coming round to my way of thinking. D is found passed out in his car at a motorway service station because he hears that his ex has been released from prison. D gets a wreath sent to his home, D gets unlimited phone calls from 'thugs' threatening to beat him up.

We're now up to about December last year. And this is where the lying little cunt scoops a new low. He reliably informs bf that he has Lymphoma, basically cancer of the immune system, the symptoms of which CAN BE REMARKABLY LIKE HIV ! Obviously trying to out do me in the 'sympathy' stakes.

Fast forward to christmas. Bf has now decided for himself D is a cunt. We had a nice xmas together and D was gonna drive up on 30th and the 3 of us were gonna go to a friends new year party the following day. He turns up, face like thunder, refuses the dinner i cooked him, then eats it coz he's a greedy cunt. Complains the following morning about being kept awake all night by me and bf laughing downstairs where we could hear him snore. So D fucks off, me and bf go to party

Bf gets text, 31/12 saying D has been rushed into emergency surgery blah blah blah. Then there's a day of texts off ex wife and calls from D's sick bed. New Year comes and goes. On 2/1 this year, D calls from his hospital bed to see if bf is ok, yadda yadda yadda so bf gets mate to call D's home number staright after this call, and guess what ? D is actually at home.

So, next time D calls, bf has it out with him. Usual shit come sout of D's gob so bf tells him to fuck off, and he's now all mine :D

Said it was involved :)
  • Options
    Oh wow Rubber. Good story :thumb: Oh so gossipy ;)

I met mine at a friends wedding. I was hammered and talking to anyone and everyone. Got invited to the bar with a group of strangers, he was one of them. Had only two armeretto stone sour's so he (as always ;)) was the driver. Went home with him... never really left. (From the night we met to the time I moved in I spent no more than 5 days total not at his house)
  • Options
    I met my boyfriend when he was studying on exchange at my university. We first met 5 days after he arrived in Glasgow when I was getting paid to act as a guide to international students on a daytrip...I thought he was a lovely guy and gorgeous at the time but I had a boyfriend so we didn't get together straight away but did so 3 months after we first met.

We were together all the time he was in Glasgow until he returned to Oslo in the summer but we decided to continue the relationship despite the distance. Thank god for Ryanair! And here we are almost two years later :love:
  • Options
    Met the other half working together at a crappy cafe, with two other lads our age (Yes, being the youngest and the only girl was tonnes of fun :rolleyes:)

Between being wound up by the lads (each seperately) for fancying each other (never did they think to say "Ooh, she/he fancies you too!") and friends and boyfriends/girlfriends getting in the way, 9 months later we eventually managed to go to the cinema one night about 2 years and 1 week ago. Nothing's really changed from then on, still together, still as useless :)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Oh wow Rubber. Good story :thumb: Oh so gossipy ;)

I met mine at a friends wedding. I was hammered and talking to anyone and everyone. Got invited to the bar with a group of strangers, he was one of them. Had only two armeretto stone sour's so he (as always ;)) was the driver. Went home with him... never really left. (From the night we met to the time I moved in I spent no more than 5 days total not at his house)

that's awesome...

I was always held that it was 'more secure' to know the person better beforehand, so you know what to expect (not an gun crazy maniac or just other weird traits). cool story.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    LOL that's like the beginning of my story....and the end I'd like!

Haha good luck with it...its pretty fucking good when it works out ;)
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    that's awesome...

I was always held that it was 'more secure' to know the person better beforehand, so you know what to expect (not an gun crazy maniac or just other weird traits). cool story.

Yeah. Retrospect, it was probably a couple very bad decisions. I could be chopped up into little pieces, skinned at the bottom of Lake Michigin right now. Pretty sure, though, he was trying to hide the boxes of poptarts on me, who knows how long they were in there for, if thats not a sign of future serial killer I don't know what is.
  • Options
    yeah, sometimes it's just a tiny step over your own shadow to talk to the girl who kept looking over to you all evening, but it's hard to be all-confident when you've been rebuffed countless times.

I can't even tell how many chances I let pass already :( It's actually so easy.

*sniff* a good mood to study chemistry for my exam tomorrow *leaves thread with sagging head*
  • Options
    Pretty much all of mine have been through work or when I was drunk.

It’s always, always been the same though. It always just seems to “happen” rather than trying to pull or whatever.

I like her, dunno if she likes me, flirt and stuff via text for a bit, then there’s the embarrassing bit when it all comes to the surface, you have that really awkward as fuck conversation and you feel like you’re 15 again.

Then we’re really smitten for the first month or so, and it’s all bliss :blush:
  • Options
    The guy I have my beady eye on noticed me at a party, almost a year ago and we chatted about films. Then he found me on Myspace and now we are regularly chatting. Seeing him at the local pub/club this Friday. Kinda nervous.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    The guy I have my beady eye on noticed me at a party, almost a year ago and we chatted about films. Then he found me on Myspace and now we are regularly chatting. Seeing him at the local pub/club this Friday. Kinda nervous.

Ooh, I love this stuff. How exciting! Let us (or me, at least, as I am a nosy parker) know how it goes :hyper: :thumb:
  • Options
    Met the ex through livejournal, we also go to the same uni.

I'm now making notes on meeting new people ;)*

[small]*Please note that this isn't true in the slightest. I'm happy as I am, and the next Mr Right will pop up when I'm least expecting him.
  • Options
    On a site a bit like this.

One day he posted a picture of himself and I decided I would make him mine.
  • Options
    My now ex ( :crying: ) met at the pub i worked at, i was a chef and she was a waitress.

We always had staff drinks after (mainly because i lived upstairs and we could :lol: ) We chatted and decided to go for drinks outside of work.

Loved it, got on well...as they say the rest is history, that was about 2 and a half years ago. Still love her even though its been 4 and a half months
  • Options
    I met my blokey on here. :D
  • Options
    My last missus I met in a club... kinda, she knew one of my mates and saw me out with him one night. Apparently she was in a rush to go home so while I was at the bar she asked him for my number... :chin:
  • Options
    My bloke was a friend of a friend's friend!! I was out with my mate and we bumped into my bloke and his friend in a bar, while she was catching up on old times with her mate, me and my bloke started chatting and it just went from there
  • Options
    On here.

Yeh.
  • Options
    I've not got a partner at the minute but I've met most of my exes through either college/uni and work.
  • Options
    I lost touch with my best friend from primary school until the summer between secondary school and college. Turned out we were going to the same college, so she had a BBQ to get me and our old primary school friends together again for a catch up before college. She also invited along some friends of hers from secondary school who I didn't know - my bf was one of them.

This was back in 2000 but we only got together in June 2004. Never seemed to be single at the same time, but always chatted in college and out on MSN. Finally he split up with his gf. Two months later we were chatting on MSN (after not talking for about four months), and got talking more in depth. He came home from uni six weeks later, came round one night (we hadn't seen each other face to face for nearly two years by this time!) and just keeps coming back! Don't ever want rid of him either :D