Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

am I a bad person/son/brother?

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it sounds like youve had a really shit time and still are at times. I never thought you sounded like a bad person
  • Options
  • Options
    (I would somedays would like to be like mattliverpool)

Oh dear.
  • Options
  • Options
    :O I feel less sorry for you for saying that!
  • Options
    I think I have whats called 'lee evans syndrome'. Meaning I apologise for everything, even stuff thats not my fault.

Just thought id post this to kind of show why Ive got issues with women.
    I keep apologising alot. Its were I get nervouse sometimes around women. :blush:
  • Options
  • Options
    Well to have his pulling skills anyway
    Anyone can have them. All it takes is a one off payment of £30+P&P to have women falling at your feet. Total satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. :p
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    doesn't he just read those seduction articles on the web?
    I don't know. I know you can subscribe to those sorts of 'services'. TBH, the basic principle of them tends to work, in making you more confident when approaching new people (but it's frankly a nicely presented version of what anyone else in the world will tell you). They don't tell you how to build successful or meaningful relationships though.
  • Options
    which would explain his tall tale of 'claire - big shit tests passed" of how he boned that girl.

Do you think its true that men who abuse women were orignally nice guys that got blown out by girls or the one they liked?
  • Options
    I think there's a pattern of low self-esteem among men who abuse women. I'm by no means an expert on it though. But people who have to lower the self-esteem of another person, often do so because they have low self esteem themselves. If you feel shit about yourself, then you're gonna be afraid that your girlfriend is going to leave you for a 'better' person. And some people deal with this by reducing the self-esteem of their partner. You know, telling them they look shit, trying to control who they hang around with, to more extreme measures.

I don't think it's anything to do with being rejected by someone you liked though, more feeling shit about yourself as a person, your achievements etc. Which is why everyone advises that before you get into a relationship, try and get to a stage where you're reasonably happy with yourself.
  • Options
  • Options
    On a side note to the others; I have never lowered a girls self esteem or abused a woman, that's some fucked up bullshit, while I don't really care what thesite forum users think of me, it's amusing.
    Who said you were? He asked a question about the reasons why some men abuse women. I answered it. Strange you assumed we were talking about you. :chin:

Relax Matt, we're just taking the piss. Whatever works for ya. :thumb: I prefer the approach that takes itself less seriously myself.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    You just didn't come across very well in that Claire thread, and you seriously left yourself open to some pisstaking by posting it.
    And of course, we all obliged. :p
  • Options
  • Options
    as matt said let go of what you were told about women cause literally none of it is true nowadays. More and more girls are up for it, experimenting with eachother, I don't know why but Bi girls intimidate me. I don't know what to think anymore to be honest.

You what?

:eek2:
  • Options
    Im scared of women. :nervous:

Not to sure about why Bi women intimidate you, not to sure why we are talking about bi women (unless I have missed something).
  • Options
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Im scared of women. :nervous:

Not to sure about why Bi women intimidate you, not to sure why we are talking about bi women (unless I have missed something).

No. you didn't miss anything, just something thats been on my mind. Something to talk about.
  • Options
    I wouldnt say its a bit dated. You would be suprised at the amount of girls there are that actually want to take things slow etc. And tbh I dont know any girls that are bi, I am not saying its uncommon, but just because the world is moving on doesnt mean girls will want to sleep with eachother.

I really dont think you should be worried about competeting with other girls.
  • Options
    While I do also agree that no ones gonna look out for you but you, I would never abandon anyone who needed my help or stand by and watch them suffer when they need help. Im just a caring guy that way. Im also pretty loyal to my friends and would never hang any of them out to dry.

You'll do alright then.

People come and go in life, you do seem like a bit of an emotional boy, which is cool, but try not to let it define you if you feel it's dragging you down. Focusing on yourself is a good idea i.e what kind of things you like doing, what makes you happy, and let stuff like that be who you are, rather than worrying about whether what you are is acceptable or not.

I still get really shy and stuff about girls I like, but just be yourself around them as much as you can, make jokes and speak about stuff you like, have a good chat and stuff.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Im just worried about girls turning lesbian (dont know why)

It's because they know what they're doing ;)

Nah, I'm just kidding. There are far fewer lipstick lesbians and bisexuals knocking about than an average night out in town/dander on myspace would have you believe. Of course there are a signifigant number of gay and bisexual women about, but there also seems to be a bit of a trend among girls to claim bisexuality at the moment, lads too but to a lesser extent.

If a girl's gay or more interested in womankind than she is in you then there's no point dwelling on it as they know their own mind. Move on, there are a hell of a lot of women around who are interested in menand men alone! :)
  • Options
    I just try to be me.

Cool, the important thing to try and remember is don't let your past define yourself.

Fuck yes, the past sometimes affects the future, but if you get more confident in the funny/intelligent/sarky/bitchy/whatever (delete as applicable) person that you are, then you'll feel a lot better about who you are and you'll be more able to cope when things do go tits up with a girl or whatever.

It's cool to be yourself, but it's so much better if you actually like who you are too, y'know?

Worrying about whether bi girls aren't going to go for you is irrelevant really, sometimes if you're really down on yourself then you'll start inventing worries that aren't important at all.
  • Options
  • Options