Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

a bit blue...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you thought any more about speakng to somebody?
  • Options
    given it some thought but it would sound odd to say to someone "hi, im about to rip off my own skin cause I have horrible thoughts and feelings" wouldn't it?

I just find it hard to talk about what bothers me.
    I may quit the board for a while.
    least until I get a grip on myself.
  • Options
    They won't judge you.
  • Options
    I don't know what to say.

I was thinking of asking "Have I been annoying guys with my posts or anything" but then you would say "it doesn't f****ing matter what we think!
  • Options
    No. The best thing to do is to talk about what this thread was about - where you were talking about being with your friend and hearing what that shop worker said to him.
  • Options
    +Kirsten++Kirsten+ Deactivated Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    Hi johnnyboy503

Just to reiterate what some of the board users have said. You're definitely not annoying anyone here! This is a place to get things off your chest and read about other people's experiences and advice. Hopefully you'll find support from posters in the community.

If you'd like to chat to someone about your feelings, you might want to give the Samaritans' service a ring on 08457 909090, or email.

Take care.
  • Options
    given it some thought but it would sound odd to say to someone "hi, im about to rip off my own skin cause I have horrible thoughts and feelings" wouldn't it?

I think you said this about going to talk to a professional about how you are feeling. If so, then no, it wouldnt be odd - that is what they are there for and they have heard many things like that before.

If you are unsure but considering it, you could try Kirsten's suggestion of calling samaritans or call another counselling helpline such as childline. These people are there to listen and the thing about telephone counselling is that if you change your mind or feel uncomfortable at all, you can hang up and call another time when you are ready or not, its totally up to you.
  • Options
    thanks
    I just feel like crap alot of the time, I just feel on somedays I can't do this anymore cause when I think of somethings I just start crying or feel sick.

I wish I just couldn't feel anymore.
  • Options
    Do your family/friends know about any of this?
  • Options
    they just say "oh never mind" or "cheer up"

but I just can't