Home Health & Wellbeing
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here

Vitamin B5 Tabs Or Cream?

2

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    PussyKatty wrote:
    That sounds a bit ridiculous to me. As 2 tablets have 10 mg in, that means I would have to take (um....) 500 per day? Are you mental?
    I would buy a pure B5 product. Look I have told you the dose to take, I happen to know what I'm talking about, weather you want to take my advice or not it doesn't affect me neither way, its your life!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    received mine today, after a week. Huge bastarding pils! quite hard to swallow, and have to take shit loads everyday, thats the only downfall. will tell u if i notice results sooner or later
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Be patient, & keep your face clean.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wtf?

    the guidelines are on the back for a reason.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wtf?

    the guidelines are on the back for a reason.
    Well follow them then!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    Well follow them then!

    i will thanks.

    i just don't think it's very wise you advising others not to do so.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i will thanks.

    i just don't think it's very wise you advising others not to do so.
    And why is that? Is it because perhaps I know wtf I am talking about? :yeees:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wtf?

    the guidelines are on the back for a reason.
    Agreed and I think it can be dangerous to suggest people ignore them.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    And why is that? Is it because perhaps I know wtf I am talking about? :yeees:

    too much of a certain vitamin can adjust bodily interactions with other vitamins, just because its a water soluble vitamin it doesnt make it ok to overdose.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lea_uk wrote:
    Agreed and I think it can be dangerous to suggest people ignore them.
    Say you have 100% rda of vitamin c which is 60mg, on the directions it says take one a day. Would you take one a day?

    Take vitamin e as a better example, whats the 100% rda? something like 10mgs a day. Would you use only 10mgs?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blah wrote:
    too much of a certain vitamin can adjust bodily interactions with other vitamins, just because its a water soluble vitamin it doesnt make it ok to overdose.
    Vitamin b5 doesnt interact with other vitamins.

    Whats overdose? Explain to me please?

    And yes, b5 can be megadose because its a water soluble vitamin.

    I suggest unless people understand vitamins & guidline meanings, dont criticize.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    Vitamin b5 doesnt interact with other vitamins.

    Whats overdose? Explain to me please?

    And yes, b5 can be megadose because its a water soluble vitamin.

    I suggest unless people understand vitamins & guidline meanings, dont criticize.

    im not criticizing, im just saying what ive learned, just like your voicing what you've learned.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    Vitamin b5 doesnt interact with other vitamins.

    Whats overdose? Explain to me please?

    And yes, b5 can be megadose because its a water soluble vitamin.

    I suggest unless people understand vitamins & guidline meanings, dont criticize.

    I really think that you should stop advising people to go beyond the RDA. Yes, it may have worked for you and you have done your research but other people are different.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    I really think that you should stop advising people to go beyond the RDA. Yes, it may have worked for you and you have done your research but other people are different.
    Really do you?

    As I said before I know what I am talking about. If you dont like that then dont take my advice. I ain't got anything to loose. :rolleyes:

    RDA are simply there to stop any deficiencies, that's it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blah wrote:
    im not criticizing, im just saying what ive learned, just like your voicing what you've learned.
    But what have you learnt?

    I have studied nutrients etc. for years. I am simply giving advice on how to mega dose vitamin b5 to help Brad with his acne.

    I ain't just come up with a random dosage, its what works for people.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    But what have you learnt?

    I have studied nutrients etc. for years. I am simply giving advice on how to mega dose vitamin b5 to help Brad with his acne.

    I ain't just come up with a random dosage, its what works for people.

    im not in the thread to brag about what ive learned. neither am i here to argue with you..but i'll say one thing, you need to get off your high horse when people dont agree with you!

    Unless your a qualified doctor in medecine, or in nutrition, then i dont think you should be advising people on what dosages to take, even if it is with a water soluble vitamin.

    To the thread starter: always check with your doctor before taking elevated doses of something from the RDA, especially if your on any drugs.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blah wrote:
    im not in the thread to brag about what ive learned. neither am i here to argue with you..but i'll say one thing, you need to get off your high horse when people dont agree with you!

    Unless your a qualified doctor in medecine, or in nutrition, then i dont think you should be advising people on what dosages to take, even if it is with a water soluble vitamin.

    To the thread starter: always check with your doctor before taking elevated doses of something from the RDA, especially if your on any drugs.
    I am going to begin studying at college at being a nutritionist in the new year actually.

    Its not that people dont agree with me, its the fact that your basically saying dont take my advice & acting like I am trying to kill the boy. Are you familiar with mega dosing b5?



    As I said in my previouse post, ansew me this. If you bought a pot of vitamin e at 10mg a day which is 100%, & the pot only said take one a day, would you?

    And about the high horse, perhaps if you get off your horse & research for yourself. You know it aint hard. :rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    I am going to begin studying at college at being a nutritionist in the new year actually.

    Its not that people dont agree with me, its the fact that your basically saying dont take my advice & acting like I am trying to kill the boy. Are you familiar with mega dosing b5?

    As I said in my previouse post, ansew me this. If you bought a pot of vitamin e at 10mg a day which is 100%, & the pot only said take one a day, would you?

    And about the high horse, perhaps if you get off your horse & research for yourself. You know it aint hard. :rolleyes:

    Why are you making stuff up? Ive not told anyone to not take your advice.
    I dont have to answer any of your questions, because im not trying to undermine you, which you seem to be trying to do with me. You've got no right to question my knowledge and ive got no right to question yours, which is why ive not said your wrong, so yes you should get off your high horse!

    Your not a doctor in medecine or nutrition. But *woohoo* your going to college soon to study nutrition so that makes it ok?

    For your information ive studied nutrition at uni. But you dont see me coming on here forcing my opinions or knowledge about nutrition on other people actively trying to get them to take my advice! Get over it comes to mind. Its up to Brad what he does, you've given him advice and he may well take that and have good effects, but it doesnt make my advice any less relevent.

    Ive added my two pence of advice to brad, that its always best to get a doctors/nutritionists advice first before taking dosages higher than reccomended on the packaging. But at the end of the day, its up to him what he does- not you and not me.
    And thats all i have to add to this matter as i have better things to do than exchange posts with an argumentive poster who cant accept other peoples knowledge and opinions, ta-ra :wave:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blah wrote:
    Why are you making stuff up? Ive not told anyone to not take your advice.
    I dont have to answer any of your questions, because im not trying to undermine you, which you seem to be trying to do with me. You've got no right to question my knowledge and ive got no right to question yours, which is why ive not said your wrong, so yes you should get off your high horse!

    Your not a doctor in medecine or nutrition. But *woohoo* your going to college soon to study nutrition so that makes it ok?

    For your information ive studied nutrition at uni. But you dont see me coming on here forcing my opinions or knowledge about nutrition on other people actively trying to get them to take my advice! Get over it comes to mind. Its up to Brad what he does, you've given him advice and he may well take that and have good effects, but it doesnt make my advice any less relevent.

    Ive added my two pence of advice to brad, that its always best to get a doctors/nutritionists advice first before taking dosages higher than reccomended on the packaging. But at the end of the day, its up to him what he does- not you and not me.
    And thats all i have to add to this matter as i have better things to do than exchange posts with an argumentive poster who cant accept other peoples knowledge and opinions, ta-ra :wave:
    If you really studied nutrition at uni then you would understand about dosages of nutrients & would have easily been able to ansew my question.

    You say "woohoo" your going a college & that makes it ok, well actually it does. I've spent years & years researching all aspects of healthy living, nutrition etc. so yes it does make it ok. But as I said in my first post to Brad, have a look aound the net for yourself!

    And for the record, Brad & 2 others have taken my advice.

    Please anyone, I dont mind you having an opinion, but dont try making me sound like im giving mis-guieded information for the sake of it.

    EDIT: Should have mentioned before, another great mineral for acne is zinc. I wont say what dosage, because its over 100% rda & that seems to offend people, have a look on the net.

    But to be honest what is the point in arguing over vitamins?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeh brad and others may have taken your advice but again i'll say i think it's incredibly foolish of you to encourage others to exceed the guideline daily amount.

    end of.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I started reading this http://acneyoda.com/ until i got to step 4/5 and it was becomming very interesting until it asked me to pay! Hit, or anyone else, have a quick read and try and find out what step 4/5 would have said. basically it says acne is caused by your liver not flushing things away efficiently etc and having a good liver, then says something like you need to balance your hormoans, then says u have to pay to find out the next steps.

    Also read up on Zinc Monomethionine which is apparently the best zinc for curing acne, although u need to find out how much excess copper is in your system (people with more coppper in system may need upto 300mg) but people with average copper levels need 50-100mg.

    The thing is, this site is trying to make u pay for the info, but i want real info for free and want to know how to balance hormoan n oil levels etc. thx
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeh brad and others may have taken your advice but again i'll say i think it's incredibly foolish of you to encourage others to exceed the guideline daily amount.

    end of.
    End of what? I suggest you stop telling me or others we are foolish when you haven't even researched as much as I in your life. I could quiet call you an idiot for not knowing what your talking about.

    End of, you dont know wtf your talking about, I do, & if Brad wants reassurance, speak to his DR!

    Oh another thing I bet you didnt know, that drinking 2 glasses of OJ will be over the 100% rda of vit. c. After all Rda is only the recommended daily allowance.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    brad18 wrote:
    I started reading this http://acneyoda.com/ until i got to step 4/5 and it was becomming very interesting until it asked me to pay! Hit, or anyone else, have a quick read and try and find out what step 4/5 would have said. basically it says acne is caused by your liver not flushing things away efficiently etc and having a good liver, then says something like you need to balance your hormoans, then says u have to pay to find out the next steps.

    Also read up on Zinc Monomethionine which is apparently the best zinc for curing acne, although u need to find out how much excess copper is in your system (people with more coppper in system may need upto 300mg) but people with average copper levels need 50-100mg.

    The thing is, this site is trying to make u pay for the info, but i want real info for free and want to know how to balance hormoan n oil levels etc. thx

    Theres a number a causes for acne, hormones are probably the main cause. But diet etc. also contribute. If your looking at a healthier liver then you can supplement with milk thistle.

    As for the copper/zinc balance, I supplement with 30mg of zinc & 2mg of copper. It isnt that common for people to have excess copper in there system, but a simple blood test can find out.

    Carry on drinking loads of water, thats the most important thing.

    EDIT: Forgot to mentioned Brad, zinc is best absorbed on an empty stomach with no calcium, also to further increase uptake, vitamin c helps.

    So have about 2hours after your last meal, make sure you have had no calcium (that includes food as well as milk) since your last meal & take with around 500mg of vitamin c.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The vitamin b5 tabs are not working

    So take zinc with a glass of orange juice (high in vitamin c) is that ok?
    U gotta link where i can buy that zinc from
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    brad18 wrote:
    The vitamin b5 tabs are not working

    So take zinc with a glass of orange juice (high in vitamin c) is that ok?
    U gotta link where i can buy that zinc from
    And how long have you been using them? It may take up to a month to see results not 7 days!

    Yes you can take zinc with a glass of OJ if you want to?

    Bear in mind if your using steroids there not going to be as effective, especially with drugs like dbol.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Has anyone read about what causes acne on http://acneyoda.com/ ?

    If so, all the 5 steps sound very genuine, but whats the step they want you to pay for, the secret to balancing your hormone levels????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    brad18 wrote:
    Has anyone read about what causes acne on http://acneyoda.com/ ?

    If so, all the 5 steps sound very genuine, but whats the step they want you to pay for, the secret to balancing your hormone levels????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Brad if your using synthetic hormones, then how the fuck are you going to balance your hormone levels?

    Whilst continuing, the acne may get worse.

    Also that web page is basically just selling you there product, which I bet is an otc cream or some vitamin tablets. They take advantage of desperate teens, so they can sell you there product.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Here is some information from another board.
    Start by using 5 grams per day spread over 3 or 4 times a day - use this dose for 5 days.

    Move up to 10 grams per day once again, spread over 3 or 4 times a day (if you want to try a higher dose, try the higher dose).

    Use the topical lotion as often as you can up to a recommended 6 times per day (Topical lotion can be used by mixing 20 grams of powder into 100mL of sterile water; this is then applied to the face/affected area up to 6 times a day. I use less tan the 20% recommended and still achieve results (5 to 10 grams/200mL water). I definitely recommend using the topical lotion. I mix in up to 10 drops of tea tree oil + lavender oil for a soothing lotion, lotion will look cloudy but is fine and works very well).

    You will need to stay on the high-ingested doses for 6 months. Ensure you stick to the programs, its not hard and you will see ongoing improvements.

    Once you have used the powder for at least 3 months and are happy, you can slowly cut down on the dosage, try 1 gram less per day for 2 weeks, if there is no adverse reaction to this lower dose cut your dose by a further 1 gram per day and see how you go for another 2 weeks.

    Keep cutting back the dose until you find your 'maintenance level'. Do not rush the lowering of the doses, remember there is a lag of approximately 2 weeks as reported by message boards / studies. You then stay on your maintenance dose as a long-term treatment, either way the product is not that expensive on the maintenance dose considering the results your maintaining (clear skin).
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what sort of topical lotion is this and where from?

    tablets dont seem to be working
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    brad18 wrote:
    what sort of topical lotion is this and where from?

    tablets dont seem to be working
    I dont know about topical lotions that contain b5, however whats your diet been like? have you been using any steroids/other drugs? etc. If you have severe acne there is a prescription your DR can give you called accutene. He will decied if your acne is bad enougth for you to use it, as it isn't a pleasant form of treatment.
Sign In or Register to comment.