Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help a guy restore his faith in girls again?

A simple yes or no answer would suffice please.

If a guy told you he liked you, would you be pissed/hate him for telling you?

what should you do then?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, but if a guy tells me he likes me, I get all shy and go quiet :blush:
  • Options
    i wouldnt be pissed off id be flattered,

however if

1, i didnt return his feelings i would feel uncomfortable

2, if he constantly told me he liked me after i said i dint feel the same then yes i would start to get pissed off.
  • Options

1, i didnt return his feelings i would feel uncomfortable

I find this alot.
    2, if he constantly told me he liked me after i said i dint feel the same then yes i would start to get pissed off.

I've experienced this in the past and find that if someone costantly tells me they like me (or implies it) then I will get pissed on and tell them to stop it.
  • Options
    do you mean keep saying I like you like every 5 minutes or just consistantly hinted at it cause I wouldn't do that.

what do you mean feel uncomfortable
  • Options
    No, I wouldn't be "pissed off" per se, it's always a nice thing to be told that someone likes you... as long as it's appropriate and not OTT, I suppose.

What I would do would depend on a lot of factors. Such as whether I knew him or we were strangers, whether I reciprocated the feelings in any way, and whether or not he actually wanted some kind of response or was just looking to get his feelings out in the open.

It's not really a simple question, to be honest.
  • Options
    Just constantlty telling me that they like me, even when I've made it clear that I'm not interested in them.

As for feeling uncomfortable - for some odd reason, whenever anyone tells me they like me, I feel uncomfortable anyway (no idea why) but it's probably something to do with feeling bad about how I respond to someones feelings.
  • Options
    Is it bad to tell a girl how you feel?
  • Options
    i used to have a male mate rthat liked me, i was fine hanging out with him but then every time i met him he would accuse me of leading him on, he constantly try to kiss, hug me romantically, i would hug him back but not romantically which i didnt want to do because he would actually yell at me saying i was a cow and that i hated him if i didnt hug him back etc.

uncomfortable in the way that id be worried i was leading him on if i did hug him etc (may just be of my past experience though) also if it was a close relationship i might find it hard to be close again especially discussing issues such as relationships
  • Options
    Of course it isn't. It's never a bad thing, though it should be given more thought in certain circumstances such as her being in a relationship or being a good friend or anything like that.

Do you have a specific dilemma or is this all hypothetical? :chin:
  • Options
    Is it bad to tell a girl how you feel?

Why would it be?

Indeed
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

I know, god do I know...
  • Options
    not at all, maybe not to brilliant if you proclaim undying love two seconds after youve met! but i find it flattering to know that someones likes me, aslong as, like whats been said, if im not interested then it is dropped,
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Of course it isn't. It's never a bad thing, though it should be given more thought in certain circumstances such as her being in a relationship or being a good friend or anything like that.

Do you have a specific dilemma or is this all hypothetical? :chin:

I don't wanna say...
  • Options
    thats fine but we maybe able to help more if you do,

we might have even been in the same situation before, and remember we have no idea who you are! it all anonymous i find that easier,

to be honest the amount of times ive posted paranoid posts on here expecting to be made fun of and everyones been helpful to me, especially briggi!!
  • Options
    Depends on the situation. If it's your best mate buddy from the age of 4 then things might get ugly. If it's some random friend of a friend sorta thing then that's alrght.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    If it's some random friend of a friend sorta thing then that's alrght.

Indeed. ANd it doesn't get that ugly.
  • Options
    what do you mean that ugly?
  • Options
    It can be easier, basically.
  • Options
    If it's your best mate since age four then obviously they're taking the risk of a lifetime expressing feelings stronger than friendship; if it's some random friend of a friend then the stakes are much lower and also it's probably much easier to see them in a potentially romantic light... since you probably didn't share baths when you were six etc ;)
  • Options
    Also, it's easier if it was a friend of a friend, because you probably won't see them as much as your best friend.
  • Options
    I'm definitely of the opinion that actions speak louder than words when it comes to stuff like this. Even if she does like you too, if you just say "I like you" then there's that awkward moment when it's like, "oh yeah? So what you gonna do about it then?" A bit of flirting over a period of time, followed by asking her out (if she flirts back), is probably likely to be more successful. That, or meeting up in a club and then doing the usual of dancing with her like you're in a rap video and sticking your tongue down their throat. But I think from your previous posts, you'd be more comfortable doing the first one.
  • Options
    I'm definitely of the opinion that actions speak louder than words when it comes to stuff like this. Even if she does like you too, if you just say "I like you"

I did this to a friend of a friend a few months ago. It was weird, because the way he reacted was so different to the way I thought he'd react.
  • Options
    To be honest I prefer it if they just stick the lips on you, but that would obviously vary from female to female. Proceed with caution, especially if you couldn't buy a clue.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    To be honest I prefer it if they just stick the lips on you, but that would obviously vary from female to female. Proceed with caution, especially if you couldn't buy a clue.
    Lol, well I did figure that you'd at least have an inclination that they like you back, otherwise why would you be telling her you like her?
  • Options
    Lol, well I did figure that you'd at least have an inclination that they like you back, otherwise why would you be telling her you like her?

So you would think, but some people just aren't wired that way. My mates are always professing love/lust/the horn to people who are so, so obviously not interested in that way. I wouldn't dream of it, but clearly hold my pride in higher esteem than they do theirs ;)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    To be honest I prefer it if they just stick the lips on you.

Someone did this to me one time, even though I did make it clear that I wasn't interested in him.:yeees:
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    I did this to a friend of a friend a few months ago. It was weird, because the way he reacted was so different to the way I thought he'd react.

how'd he react?

I havn't got the bollocks to just grab the girl I like a just plant a wet one on her (I dont want to get pepper sprayed or have her scream RAPE!).

Imwithstupid: Like your example, Guy: I like you. Girl: and......? very funny

I wouldn't say Im unconfident (I'll admit ive got flaws but I try not to let them stop me) but then again I wouldn't go up to a girl and say "can I fuck you"?

would this sound like confidence to you?

a mate of mine goes into KFC and sees a employee with large *ahem* assets and says "can I have 2 sucullent breasts please?"
  • Options
    how'd he react?

He said something along the lines of 'That is very sweet of you. I am extremely flattered'. (Not sure if those were his exact words, but he said something like that) Then he just totally changed the subject.
    I wouldn't go up to a girl and say "can I fuck you"?

I've had at least 2 people do this to me in the last 15 months or so. IMO, that's the wrong way of going about getting a girl.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Someone did this to me one time, even though I did make it clear that I wasn't interested in him.:yeees:

Well that's not the situation I'm talking about then. I'd never do such a thing and I'd never let anyone put their smackers anywhere near mine unless I wanted them to. But yeah, actions really do speak louder than words, but only if you have the confidence to implement them... otherwise you'll go in halfway for the kill and then hesitate or similar. So if you don't have the confidence I think that, as IWS said, you need to get the feelings out there and take it slowly from that point over time.

That KFC comment is the most toe-curling thing I've ever heard in a while, and not in a good way :crazyeyes Please don't tell me someone actually said that? Surefire way of getting a phlegmdrip in your popcorn chicken :thumb:
  • Options
    I wouldn't say Im unconfident (I'll admit ive got flaws but I try not to let them stop me) but then again I wouldn't go up to a girl and say "can I fuck you"?

would this sound like confidence to you?
    Nah, it'd sound like desperation.
    a mate of mine goes into KFC and sees a employee with large *ahem* assets and says "can I have 2 sucullent breasts please?"
    :lol: Maybe not a great opening line, but if he already knew her a bit, then she might find it funny. Otherwise, about as likely to get you a phone number as wolf whistling to a girl across the street.