Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What to say ?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I reckon actually that this thread has been a lot easier for rubberskin than it could have been.

Mostly because a lot of the people that were most affected and would have kicked up the biggest stink aren't here any more. Otherwise this would be a right big argument by now.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Mist wrote:
    Mostly because a lot of the people that were most affected and would have kicked up the biggest stink aren't here any more. Otherwise this would be a right big argument by now.

:yes:

The fact he's still alive is all good, but I feel like mug for believing that he was dead in the first place.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    I reckon actually that this thread has been a lot easier for rubberskin than it could have been.

Maybe, but then whats the point in being angry? It won't change anything. Well thats my view anyway.
    I still tihnk it's pretty head fucking but i personally can't be angry with him, it's not me.
  • Options
    Weird. I don't know, but after reading several old posts, including the memorial one, it just seems weird. I understand what someone else said about if you weren't here at the time and posting- then you won't understand completely- or something like that- which is entirely truthful... and frankly I'm just fucking glad I wasn't around then, if it seems weird to me now, gawd knows what it would be like in that situation.
  • Options
    Holy... Fuck... I actually can't believe this.... I can remember when this all happened, and the memorial threads that were put up to remember RubberSkin, and I remember how horrible it was 'knowing' someone from thesite.org was dead. Sorry RubberSkin, but I think it's pretty shameful how you've treated people here (at least the ones who were active members at the time). Fair enough you were maybe in a bad place at the time it all happened, but to do what you've done is, I think, totally disrespectful and pretty disgraceful. Maybe in time you'll be able to regain the trust and respect of people here, but I think it'll take a while.

P.S. Just to add, I'm glad you are alive, I remember how much you helped people here, and I hope that you might be able to do that again.
  • Options
    beckyboo come back :crying:

i remember you :wave:
  • Options
    Mist wrote:

i'll bet it wasn't easy for rubber.
    can all the victor meldrews shut the fuck up now?
    rubber wasn't decieving any of out of malice ...not with any criminal intent and certainly not for a fucking big laugh.
    so some of you think he has had a relatively easy come back ...you should be proud of the fact he has.
  • Options
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    :yes:

The fact he's still alive is all good, but I feel like mug for believing that he was dead in the first place.

Spot on.

Well, feel more stupid for caring. I don't know. It's always sad when someone dies whether you know them or not, but it kinda scares me that at one point in my life I gave a shit about people I didn't really know, if it makes sense?

But yeah, glad you're doing better and getting your life back on track. That's always positive.
  • Options
    :D this is one of the best things I've read in ages! It's like a real life / internet version of the prodigal son.

Kevvy, I just want you to know that I forgive you and that I think you are brave for coming back as RubberSkin knowing that some people on here would give you shit.
  • Options
    Fuckinel is all i can say.

Jst (i think)posted a birthday thread ages ago and i read back througheverything that happened. Even tho it was 2 years later i had tears in my eyes by the time ihad finished reading so i can see why the people that knew you would be really pissed.

Saying that glad to hear that your feeling better now
  • Options
    Glad to hear you are alright. I had just signed up the same week that your "suicide" was posted. I never knew you or your story (read through all the old threads since though) but I do remember the general feeling of grief on thesite from alot of the posters. And every year since then when the Happy Birthday RubberSkin threads were up there was a general air of sadness round the forums that day.

I can understand that some people will find it hard to forgive you straight away but hopefully by building up their trust again you will be able to rekindle their friendships. And hopefully make some new ones. :)

Good luck!!
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    :D this is one of the best things I've read in ages! It's like a real life / internet version of the prodigal son.

Kevvy, I just want you to know that I forgive you and that I think you are brave for coming back as RubberSkin knowing that some people on here would give you shit.

Not being funny but if he was that brave he'd have come back years ago.
  • Options
    Fuck me, the stuff you miss when you go away :|.

I'm another "I never knew you but I've heard a lot about you" person, and from posts I've about you, you were a much loved person. I'm glad you're ok and all, because it was a bit weird seeing people drag up old threads and knowing one of those posters was dead, but I am also in agreement with Kermit in that it seems like you're expecting people to be nicer to you. It was shit of you to do that to so many people who cared about you, and come back saying sorry and (how it seemed to me) expecting them to forgive you straight away. I would be so angry if I was one of those people, tbh, especially if I'd cared about you the same way so many people here seemed to.

I am, however, not inclined to comment as I wasn't around, but that's just how it looks to me tbh.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Not being funny but if he was that brave he'd have come back years ago.
    well it would have been easier for him if hed come back as a different username obviously, but i was here when he did it, i was terribly upset, and im glad hes not dead. The fact hes still alive outweighs anything tbh.
  • Options
    As everyone else has said, I'm shocked very very shocked. Don't really know what to say other than welcome back.
  • Options
    well it would have been easier for him if hed come back as a different username obviously, but i was here when he did it, i was terribly upset, and im glad hes not dead. The fact hes still alive outweighs anything tbh.

Yeah and i was here too, so what?

Your making out that anyone that isn't jumping into his arms is not glad that hes alive. Thats bollocks.
  • Options
    Oh my GOD!!!!!

Am really shocked at this. Hi Kev. Do you still go out up Gay Town?
  • Options
    Yeah now n again, usually to subway with me mate, or rebellion with me bf.
  • Options
    wohoa. I remember feeling incredibly sad when they took your diary off thesite. I thought it kind of made everything so final.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Yeah now n again, usually to subway with me mate, or rebellion with me bf.
    subway is bangin'!
  • Options
    Hope it wasn't you that asked me for a ciggy, gave you one, then asked me for another, said no, and you called me a tight bastard so i called her a c**t. She went off to get somne of her 'plastic gangster' mates to sort me out, in the mean time steve and daz came to find me. Both bodybuilders and daz is about 6'3". Never seen 3 wimpy, monged asswipes look so sheepish :D:D:D:D:D:D

Best thing about going to subway, quite pally with Bill, the owner, and Steve's training partner works the door, and i know Folly on the door so we both usually get in for free. That's £24 extra on our little white friends ;)
  • Options
    Glad to see you back mate, It was a shock to lose you but great to see you back on here - you were a star!
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Yeah and i was here too, so what?

Your making out that anyone that isn't jumping into his arms is not glad that hes alive. Thats bollocks.
    no im not implying anything of the sort. I dont think it, so im not implying it.
    I think it matters very little in the grand scheme of things. We all thought he was dead, hes not. Thats a positive thing isnt it? I dont give a fuck who you or most people on the site like and who they dont tbh. Same as you im sure.
    My opinion is it was a shock hes not dead, but its a good thing. i am not assuming anybody else feels that unless they say it :confused:
  • Options
    I didnt know you, but remember reading your posts and was very sad when I read that post all that time ago :( Glad you are okay though! :) Welcome back.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I think it matters very little in the grand scheme of things. We all thought he was dead, hes not. Thats a positive thing isnt it?

Of course it's a positive thing, but you can't expect everybody to be ok with the fact we were taken for a ride in one of the worst possible ways. He made me feel like a mug anyway, and so I think I have a right to be a little pissed off.

People lie on the net all the time I'm sure, but if you get found out or admit to it, don't be suprised if you lose a little credibility.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Of course it's a positive thing, but you can't expect everybody to be ok with the fact we were taken for a ride in one of the worst possible ways. He made me feel like a mug anyway, and so I think I have a right to be a little pissed off.

People lie on the net all the time I'm sure, but if you get found out or admit to it, don't be suprised if you lose a little credibility.

Yeah think theres people who also hold that opinion. Don't think anyone hates him and wishes he was dead or nothing.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Hope it wasn't you that asked me for a ciggy, gave you one, then asked me for another, said no, and you called me a tight bastard so i called her a c**t. She went off to get somne of her 'plastic gangster' mates to sort me out, in the mean time steve and daz came to find me. Both bodybuilders and daz is about 6'3". Never seen 3 wimpy, monged asswipes look so sheepish :D:D:D:D:D:D

Best thing about going to subway, quite pally with Bill, the owner, and Steve's training partner works the door, and i know Folly on the door so we both usually get in for free. That's £24 extra on our little white friends ;)
    Yeah it was me, we were actually laughing at ur stedded up mates hehe ;)
  • Options
    Well, thesiters did want some gossip!

Hi Rubberskin. Glad you survived and are surviving.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    Yeah it was me, we were actually laughing at ur stedded up mates hehe ;)

Lol. I hope it wasn't you. You seem quite nice on here :)