Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What to say ?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I suppose we'll never really know wether it is genuine or not, or wether its someone playing some sort of trick. Which would be pretty fucked up, but this whole thread is either way. Hmm :chin:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    the problem is when people spend time comforting and advising someone and actually starting to care.

That's exactly the problem i had. I only ever gave advice, and bloody good advice too, if someone asked me specifically or i knew for sure what i was talking about. And so many of the F****** shits on here threw it back in my face, that it really got to me. I 'spose in some sort of twisted way i wanted to hurt people, but of course the people i wanted to hurt went 'hey ho' the people who cared about me went 'oh shit'.

True what people have said earlier, this could all be a load of crap. That's for you to decide on what you see. I'm not going to try and make your mind up for you.
  • Options
    So is your skin really rubbery and are u sticking around?
  • Options
    I KNEW IT

I will be back later
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    I wasn't here but have got the jist of the story.

Really glad you're okay now.

Seconded! :thumb:

Like others have said I can totally understand if people are going lack trust with you for a while and feel very weird, but I'm pretty sure everyone is chuffed to bits that you are doing a lot better now.

Welcome back!!! :D

I'd just like to add that although the whole thing is pretty weird, it could just have helped people who might have visited thesite contemplating suicide to see how much his "death" affected everyone. Maybe...who knows it might have made a few people reconsider things. I am in no way condoning it though.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    So is your skin really rubbery and are u sticking around?

Only when i wear me rubber gear ;)

Sticking around ? Well, ummmm. It's all a bit tentative at the moment. People are, want to say hurting but that's not quite the right word, so i'm not going to go charging back into the forums straight away. I respect the friends i once had too much for that, though i so want to reply to the 'How did i hurt my ass' thread !

On the old swingometer it's leaning slighty to towards you shit/i don't believe it. I didn't expect to be welcomed back like i'd been in Borneo for 4 years, and would of been stupid of me to of thought as such, so we'll have to see poppet.
  • Options
    I know people will be going through a whole range of emotions and I can understand why, but it's hard to imagine what kind of things you're capable of doing and the twisted way you see things when you're in a really bad place. I've seriously considered doing much much worse things than this before, and thought I'd have been right to do them.
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    I've seriously considered doing much much worse things than this before, and thought I'd have been right to do them.

Well there's at least one person who can see how i must of been feeling. Thank You.
  • Options
    Even though a few days ago i figured for some reason something wasn't right...i am still in total shock.
    Not sure if you remember me? I certainly remember you/. You were always so caring and shit hot with advice.
    I am kinda gutted though that you did this, i was in tears. I still felt a lump in my throat ever time your name came up :(.
    I don't really know what to say, i am really glad that you aren't dead, i really am. I just guess i wish i knew that back then.
    I can sorta understand that you were really not in any fit state to think clearly and that what you did at the time felt the right thing to do at the time but jeeze next time just take a break ok?

I've missed you tons.
    I am not mad at you, just a little head fucked atm.
  • Options
    Hello, Rubberskin. The name's Stargalaxy, I'm one of the newer members on the boards, though my post count definitely doesn't reflect that! Bearing in mind that I know next to nothing about you as a person - perhaps the threads in the archives do not tell us everything, who am I to know? - my contribution will be brief. I was startled to see your name on a thread. I thought it was one someone had dragged up, but seems not. Having read it, I'm still bemused, to say the least.

I'm amazed that you've decided to come back after all this time. I'll applaud you for being brave enough to admit to what you did being utterly stupid and wrong, and I will welcome the fact you didn't die in the incident. I'll be honest - having tried to take an overdose myself, and having experienced some very bad times, I cannot claim that I have not done some silly things on web forums myself. I can't really comment further than that.
  • Options
    rubber bounces back!
    i think the whole thing is hilarious and ...has a happy ending.
    anyone who has been to bleak and back ...seen blackness and despair ...and survives and thrives has my utmost respect.
    i think you should all remember ...this guy was going over the edge and splintering into a million pieces. he was in a place of pain confusion and misery. he burnt out ...crash landed.
    yet he has risen from the wreckage and bravely returned to tell the tale.
    his experiences will be worth so much to so many for evermore.
    welcome back rubber.

rubber ball come bouncing back to meheheee ...its a line from a sog ...just ignore me ...it's sunday.
  • Options

rubber ball come bouncing back to meheheee ....
    :lol: Iknow the song :blush:
  • Options
    I'm not even gonna pretend to even try and understand what'd be going through someone's mind to make them tell such a lie.

I remember a while back another poster (think he spent more time on IRC, mind) faking his death. I'd only known of him a few months or so and it hit me really hard, genuine grief, so I can't imagine what it was like for those who'd known him for years. And the fakeness of it came out pretty soon after, whereas you've been 'dead' for years, and even though I wasn't here, it's pretty obvious you were a huge character on the boards and I don't doubt for a second that a lot of people genuinely grieved for you.

But y'know, seems you know all that and are genuinely sorry for it. So, great you're not dead, glad you're doing better and that, but if I were emotionally involved it'd take a hell of a lot of forgiveness to be welcoming you back with open arms. Shame it got this far, really.
  • Options
    Lil Laura wrote:
    if I were emotionally involved it'd take a hell of a lot of forgiveness to be welcoming you back with open arms. Shame it got this far, really.
    the lesson this sunday parishoners is about the return of the prodigal son ...
    any of you heathens know the story?
  • Options
    I know it in Old English :D
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    The name's Stargalaxy

not galaxy, star galaxy?
  • Options
    Wow.
    I was never around back in the days you used to post but like the rest i've read all history and 'memorials' so this is pretty damn freaky.
    Good to hear you're alive anyway dude and welcome back! :wave:
  • Options
    I can see why people are angry at you but I'm sure in a twisted way it was the right thing for you to do with the way you were feeling at the time. I wasn't around much when you were last here but after reading what had happened and what you were like on here I had a lump in my throat everytime I read about you. I suppose I should say welcome back!
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Hello, Rubberskin. The name's Stargalaxy

I think I just wet myself at that line.

'The name's Bond, Jaaaames Bond.' :lol:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit

You weren't the only one!
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    You weren't the only one!

Thirded.

Total mindfuck though, has to be said.
  • Options
    fourthed! if that's a word..
  • Options
    What a mind fuck is right.

I remember Rubberskin from the old Clubbing forum, which used to be a haven of interest back in the day.

Welcome back I suppose. Glad you're doing better now.
  • Options

:lol: me too!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    That line fits me more...

-I'm Cold.
    -Put on a coat then.
    -No, wait, you don't get it. Let me finish... ahem. I'm Cold.
    -It's hot.
    -Just let me finish!
    -Ok.
    -I'm Cold. Indrid Cold.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Well there's at least one person who can see how i must of been feeling. Thank You.

Oh, I can see exactly how you were feeling, and I don't think you were wrong, exactly, to do what you did in that state. I can see why you did what you did- you do what you think you have to when you're in that position.

I'm more irritated by the way you've come waltzing back in expecting everyone to think you're great still. A quick sorry, and anyone who still remains pissed off at you taking the piss out of them "doesn't understand".

You're not the first one to tell porky pies on the internet, and you won't be the last. I just don't know how you can come strolling back thinking everything will be hunky-dory and everything will be forgotten.

As I say, I'm glad you're in the process of rebuilding your life, and I wish you every success.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Jeez, this is all a bit fucked up and shitty.

How bizarre.
  • Options
    i cannot at all get my head around why someone would lie about being dead.
    but, i suppose its good that you are still alive and in a better place than you once were.
    i don't know you. this whole thread sounds pretty f**ked tbh; but i guess "welcome back" is in order. :wave:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I just don't know how you can come strolling back thinking everything will be hunky-dory and everything will be forgotten.

Well you obvoiusly haven't bothered to read what i've written, so end of. I'm not going to get into all the petty stuff like last time. Believe what you want.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I just don't know how you can come strolling back thinking everything will be hunky-dory and everything will be forgotten.

To be fair he hasn't. Take it how you want though. Bit hard to get your head around for all.