Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What to say ?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tweety wrote:
    To be fair he hasn't. Take it how you want though.

It reads to me like he's come back wanting to be forgiven and, to be honest, expecting to be forgiven.

And I have read what he posted.
  • Options
    Jeezo :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It reads to me like he's come back wanting to be forgiven and, to be honest, expecting to be forgiven.

And I have read what he posted.
    how should he have done it?
  • Options
    A bit less of the like it or lump it attitude might have helped.

I'm not going to get into an argument though, and I don't want to come across like I'm unsympathetic and not understanding. I understand why he did what he did, I just think a bit more humility might not have gone amiss.
  • Options
    how should he have done it?

Leave him alone. It's easy to pick on a manic depressive with a life limiting illness who's had to say I'm sorry. Obviously his humiliometer is on the blink. How more humble can i be ? I came on, said i was a bit of a s**t for what i did, appologised for what i'd done and how i'd hurt them.

If you can't deal with that, or think i owe more then it's your problem not mine.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

I'm not going to get into an argument though, and I don't want to come across like I'm unsympathetic and not understanding. I understand why he did what he did, I just think a bit more humility might not have gone amiss.
    Coming from the least humble, most arrogant man on the boards, I can't help but laugh.
  • Options
    Well nice to meet you. Heard alot about you. Guess you have your reasons for what you did etc.

Anyway yeah nice to meet ya :)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    A bit less of the like it or lump it attitude

It's not the way i come across at all. I'm back, i was a c**t for what i did and i'm sorry. People here have a choice. To forgive me for what i did, with or without reprimand and carry on with knowing me. Or they can decide that what i did was so bad, and hate me which, in the long term, will damage them not me. It's easy to hate and requires effort to forgive and as a race we're quite lazy so hating's the more common option.
  • Options
    To be fair, it's not your choice how you come across to other people. I don't see it the same way Kermit does, but he's more than entitled to his own view.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Coming from the least humble, most arrogant man on the boards, I can't help but laugh.
    Whats this got to do with you?
  • Options
    And if everyone could avoid falling into bitching at each other, that would be good.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Whats this got to do with you?
    Okay, fair cop. I'll keep out of it.
  • Options
    I don't know if you can blame some people for what they've said. How many of us ever get in the situation where we grieve for someone that has died and then find out they didn't die in the first place. It's not something people usually have to deal with.

I don't wanna get angry that you did it. I've never been that low so i wouldn't know what lengths you'd have gone to, and i have no idea what was going on in your head at the time. On the other hand though it did upset me at the time, as i didn't just see this on here, i saw it on LJ too. A lot of friends i had on here then were upset as well. It was a weird time that even if newer posters read back the memorial threads, you won't honestly get the whole idea of it. You can't really have understood unless you were posting at the time.

I'm obviously glad that nothing did happen to you, and that your life is better so hopefully you won't consider it again. I'm sad that we didn't do enough to help (not sure we could have done a lot) in the first place, sad that some people on here made you feel like it was something you had to do, and sad that you hurt us.

There is a little bit of me though that is pissed off. I wish you'd told us sooner. Like as soon after as you could of. You've been mentioned quite a bit over the last 4 years, no one forgot you.

But anyway i know you know all that. Hopefully you'll continue to get better :)
  • Options
    I do feel like a tit for posting in that thread four years ago, but it wasn't a nice situation and allowances have been made.

Might take a bit of time as it's a total mindfuck justnow, but I'm glad to hear you're still about :)
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    And if everyone could avoid falling into bitching at each other, that would be good.

Hi Jim V, welcome to thesite :lol:;)
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    It was a weird time that even if newer posters read back the memorial threads, you won't honestly get the whole idea of it. You can't really have understood unless you were posting at the time.

So true.

I just remember sat here last night for about 10 minutes thinking "what the fuck?"
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    It's not the way i come across at all.

It's not up to you to tell me how you come across.
    It's easy to hate and requires effort to forgive and as a race we're quite lazy so hating's the more common option.

Who said anything about hatred?

I understand what you did, and I understand why you did it, because I have read your explanation. It's an explanation I accept. You know exactly where I have been in my life, so it isn't a case of "attacking" the poor little manic depressive because I'm a big nasty person who just doesn't understand depression. I don't agree with what you did, but its in the past, and quite frankly I couldn't give a toss about that. You did what you felt you had to.

What has irritated me is how you have come back, expecting it all to be brushed under the carpet. A quick sorry, all's well, and anyone who doesn't choose to immediately love you again is "picking on a manic depressive". And they don't understand your pain, either. Boo-hoo.

I don't expect grovelling, but the fact that you are saying that anyone who doesn't immediately and gushingly accept your apology is being "lazy" and "picking on" you says a lot really.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It's not up to you to tell me how you come across.

Who said anything about hatred?

I understand what you did, and I understand why you did it, because I have read your explanation. It's an explanation I accept. You know exactly where I have been in my life, so it isn't a case of "attacking" the poor little manic depressive because I'm a big nasty person who just doesn't understand depression. I don't agree with what you did, but its in the past, and quite frankly I couldn't give a toss about that. You did what you felt you had to.

What has irritated me is how you have come back, expecting it all to be brushed under the carpet. A quick sorry, all's well, and anyone who doesn't choose to immediately love you again is "picking on a manic depressive". And they don't understand your pain, either. Boo-hoo.

I don't expect grovelling, but the fact that you are saying that anyone who doesn't immediately and gushingly accept your apology is being "lazy" and "picking on" you says a lot really.

Weirdly enough... I agree with some of that...
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

I don't even know everyhthing but I'd say humble pie sprang to mind? It's easier to accept or forgive people then.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    but the fact that you are saying that anyone who doesn't immediately and gushingly accept your apology is being "lazy" and "picking on" you says a lot really.

Pray do quote one of my posts and point this out to me.

Edited -

Actually let's just leave it. I don't think either of us is going to accomplish anything except annoy each other. You have your view i have mine.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    It's easy to pick on a manic depressive with a life limiting illness
    RubberSkin wrote:
    It's easy to hate and requires effort to forgive and as a race we're quite lazy so hating's the more common option.

Since you asked.

I also think you are in danger of forgetting who are the wronged people here. It isn't you.

And that's my last word on the matter. I don't hate you, but I don't accept your apology yet, because I aren't sure you are actually sorry.
  • Options
    I wasnt here 4 years ago but i managed to come across the threads and a link to the LJ entry at a time when i was in a really bad place, and it was so sad to read, triggering almost. Was weird to see that name posting!

Well done for getting yourself sorted.
  • Options
    Hiya. Don't know you. But heard loads about ya. So just wanted to make a post to say welcome back and glad things are getting better for you :)
  • Options
    Shit, I come back to this :eek2:

Well all I can say is it takes balls to come back here and start this thread. Depression hits people in many ways, im pleased that things are improving for you :thumb:
  • Options
    Hello Beckyboo ya workyticket ;)
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Hello Beckyboo ya workyticket ;)

sshhh its a flying visit and nobody will remember me apart from the odd couple :D

oh yes, hello :wave:
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    sshhh its a flying visit and nobody will remember me apart from the odd couple :D

As if anyone could forget the nun! Hope things are alright your end and that your still fag free :)
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:

How can we forget you. :D

Paying another flying visit I take it? Rolly is still about......somewhere!
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:

You not sticking around then? :(

In relation to this thread all I can say is I wasn't here at the time. I do know that some people were really hurt. I'm surprised that you came back though. Does take guts, even though it is the net.

I hope it isn't just someone taking the piss though. maybe someone can verify that it is him by phoning? I mean, I take it he contacted people years ago and had friends from here?
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    I hope it isn't just someone taking the piss though. maybe someone can verify that it is him by phoning? I mean, I take it he contacted people years ago and had friends from here?

After several pm's back and forth i am happy that it's him.