Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best Place To Meet Someone For A Relationship?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im 16, so have never been to a nightclub and am really looking forward to it!! but ok so its not easy to get a relationship outa meeting someone there, but is it easy to pull? because some people have told me nightclubs are not as good as theyre made up to be?
  • Options
    i have a simillar problem, to the poster, i dont get to meet enough girls, i came out of a long term relationship in october at first i was just down for a few months then i enjoyed single life just the feeling of not being attached to someone,

then i met this awesome girl at work she was clever, funny, gorgeous and unlike most girls of her age she had the abillity to laugh well at herself, needless to say she was attached and i ended up red faced and feeling low again,

the void of needing someone returned and she was at its centre, she has now left work and i dont see her anymore and im pretty much over her, but while she has left my thoughts the emptiness hasnt, i dont really like clubbing im a pretty shy bloke mainly cos of low self confidence, i cant see what others would see in me if that makes sense, i only have a few close friends mainly by choice, this leaves me kinda stuck for meeting girls however the ones i meet i wouldnt be right for,

i know this doesnt help in a practical sense but sometmes it helps to know others are up the same creek.
  • Options
    Tescos.
  • Options
    I've met both of mine at work. One was temporarily somebody I worked with, until I went to work elsewhere. The second works for the same company as me, but in a different department. I can see how meeting at work could be problematic, but so far, it's worked out okay for me.
  • Options
    jenni30 wrote:
    but is it easy to pull?

depends if someone thinks you're fit.

also how you dress/dance and don't get trollied or you'll attract the wrong sort. ;)
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    pizza shop after the clubs

Dear God no, pulling some munter nobody else wants at half two as the club is away to shut is bad enough, I dread to think what sort of things you'd find on the pull in the post-club kebab shop.

Seriously though, work is always a good shot. You don't wanna go on the pull in the office because there's laws about stuff like that, but it's a good place to network I suppose.
  • Options
    i don't see why people say you can't meet boyfriends in nightclubs! i guess it depends where you go.. what you takke or how much you drink etc. but i think its well easy to go in a club, see someone i fancy, check out their clothes, their moves and make eye contact. you get chatting, swap numbers and voila!

not every guy i meet and go on dates with turns out to be a boyfriend but some do and work out quite well ;)
  • Options
    purely because i'm a nosey cow are you still with that lad? :)

feel free to tell me to mind my own. :p
  • Options
    purely because i'm a nosey cow are you still with that lad? :)

feel free to tell me to mind my own. :p
    i've been going out with someone for 6weeks now.. is that who you mean?

i spotted him when i first walked into this nightclub and i nabbed him later on :)
  • Options
    I've met most of my ex boyfriends through work or uni/college/school.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i've been going out with someone for 6weeks now.. is that who you mean?

i spotted him when i first walked into this nightclub and i nabbed him later on :)

i think so yeh.

good on you!

it's just 'cause i've no love life to speak of of my own right now so i turn into a nosey cow.
  • Options
    i think so yeh.

good on you!

it's just 'cause i've no love life to speak of of my own right now so i turn into a nosey cow.
    i don't care, i'm always a nosey cow :razz:
  • Options
    me too.

:hyper:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i don't see why people say you can't meet boyfriends in nightclubs! i guess it depends where you go.. what you takke or how much you drink etc. but i think its well easy to go in a club, see someone i fancy, check out their clothes, their moves and make eye contact. you get chatting, swap numbers and voila!
    Well yeah it can work, but it's hardly the most successful way. Assuming that all that works (gotta be a one in ten shot tops that it will), the chances of you actually having a great date are also fairly low. Whereas with a friend of a friend, or someone you meet at a party, there's more of a chance of finding all that stuff out before the first date, so you're more likely to have a great first date where you get along brilliantly.
  • Options
    Well yeah it can work, but it's hardly the most successful way. Assuming that all that works (gotta be a one in ten shot tops that it will), the chances of you actually having a great date are also fairly low. Whereas with a friend of a friend, or someone you meet at a party, there's more of a chance of finding all that stuff out before the first date, so you're more likely to have a great first date where you get along brilliantly.
    i think thats crap! for me pulling in nightclubs is the most successful way. and you don't need to know things about the person before you go on a date. a date is there so you CAN get to know the person and if you can communicate well then thats pretty easy isnt it.

i dont just go up to someone in a club and stick my tongue down their throat. we have a chat for a while. and also, before you go on a date they usually phone me or we spend ages texting so you already have a feel for what the person is like.
  • Options

Dunno, if you meet someone in a nightclub then they're going to be the same person they would be if you met them through friends or whatever.

Physical stuff might just happen a bit quicker, it probably just means things taking a different course or whatever.

Have to say, I prefer the whole liking someone for a while thing, rather than things starting with a drunken grope. I'm always too drunk to chat, if I pull in a nightclub then it's not because of my sparkling wit and charm.

Different strokes and that.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I'm always too drunk to chat, if I pull in a nightclub then it's not because of my sparkling wit and charm.
    i think thats a key point though. if you're really drunk when you meet someone then it probably won't work out because of beer goggles and a blurry memory. but when i go out im usually pretty aware of what im doing because i tend to use other substances and don't drink that much.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i think thats crap! for me pulling in nightclubs is the most successful way. and you don't need to know things about the person before you go on a date. a date is there so you CAN get to know the person and if you can communicate well then thats pretty easy isnt it.

i dont just go up to someone in a club and stick my tongue down their throat. we have a chat for a while. and also, before you go on a date they usually phone me or we spend ages texting so you already have a feel for what the person is like.

Yeah, I totally agree with that!