Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

my mum stopping me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my mum is stopping me seeing my byfrnd after 7 weeks of us going out cause she read in the paper about his convictions of forging cheques and been in jail and she stopping me going out at weekends after someone told her i had been having sex with my lst byfrnd and having one night stands other things. is there anything i can do to convict her to let me see my byfrnd so i wont have to go behind her back to see him:banghead:

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'm not surpised she won't let you see him.

He sounds a true upstanding member of the community. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Convicting your mum is never a good idea either.
  • Options
    pleeease spell properly
    tbh, if you were the parent in this situation - would you be happy?
    If he truly is an angel now...then get him to come over one day so your mum can actually meet him properly so she can see for herself.
  • Options
    i think your mum is completely right unless you are like 25 or something.

sounds like a complete arse. criminals dont usually make good boyfriends, and i certainly wouldnt trust someone who had done bird for fraud! ha

your mum only cares, you'll thank her in the long run
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

sounds like a complete arse. criminals dont usually make good boyfriends, and i certainly wouldnt trust someone who had done bird for fraud! ha

maybe hes one of those bums on bad lads army? i couldn't have a criminal for a bf unless he had totally changed tbh.
    I don't blame your mum.
  • Options
    Yeah, to be honest I don't blame your mum at all.

When I was your age, my mum disapproved of my boyfriend cause he had dyed hair. If he had been an ex-con I imagine she would have locked me in my room until I was 25.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    babes, take it from someone who knows...bad boys are never the way forward!! leave him be and as koe says you will eventually thank your mum.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

:yes: I don't thinks there's actually anything you can really do to make your mum change her mind. Has she actually met him yet or not?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    :yes: I don't thinks there's actually anything you can really do to make your mum change her mind. Has she actually met him yet or not?

both of my parents met him and got on well wit him though mum did think he was a bit of a lay-about coz he had no job.

he stopped during shit thou and he does really care for me and i do for him. im may be only 17 but im not stupid and i know who i want and its him
  • Options
    You do realise that she's probably only stopping you so that he can't lead you astray and get you into loads of trouble?
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote:
    both of my parents met him and got on well wit him though mum did think he was a bit of a lay-about coz he had no job.

he stopped during shit thou and he does really care for me and i do for him. im may be only 17 but im not stupid and i know who i want and its him

so he's a criminal with no job as well?

certainly a nice character then.

how old is he?
  • Options
    well it might also be the pregnancy scare you had with your guy as well
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    lisalashe wrote:
    he stopped during shit thou and he does really care for me
    ive heard that one before...

sorry this is all prob not want you want to hear but its the truth.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    well it might also be the pregnancy scare you had with your guy as well

I wonderif her mum actually knows about this?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    When I was 17 there's no ay my parents could have kept me indoors.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote:
    he stopped during shit thou and he does really care for me

Listen to your mum, she's been around a lot longer than you have and has your best interests at heart, it'll only cause a rift between everyone and you'll end up getting hurt more. What mother and father would want their child being in a relationship with a bum that has been in nick?
  • Options
    he wont lead me astray and no she dosnt know about the pregnancy scare do you think im stupid or something!!! he cant get a job cause of his record thou he does odd jobs here and there at times
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote:
    he wont lead me astray and no she dosnt know about the pregnancy scare do you think im stupid or something!!! he cant get a job cause of his record thou he does odd jobs here and there at times

How do you know that?
  • Options
    cause i trust him
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    lisalashe wrote:

Plenty of people with criminal records have jobs.

I am going to quote fiend_85 here:
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    When you're very young, your parents know everything. Then you're a teenager, and your parents know nothing, then when you hit your twenties it amazes you how much your parents have learned in the last 10 years.

It may be patronizing but it's true.
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    Listen to your mum, she's been around a lot longer than you have and has your best interests at heart, it'll only cause a rift between everyone and you'll end up getting hurt more. What mother and father would want their child being in a relationship with a bum that has been in nick?

Totally agreed. Be honest - if you were your mum, would you let a chld go out with someone like your boyfriend? I seriously doubt it...
  • Options
    she should trust me to be able to look after myself. she lets me go out wit frnds to niteclubs and pubs and got totally locked so that im nearly a danger to myself so why cant she trust me on my judgement of ppl.
  • Options
    As for you saying that your not stupid, you having unprotected sex, that is stupid. If you fell preggers for real he cannot offer any type of support for you, you'll be living off the social in a shit hole house or flat with him earning a few quid here and there from odd jobs.

His a loser.
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote:
    she should trust me to be able to look after myself. she lets me go out wit frnds to niteclubs and pubs and got totally locked so that im nearly a danger to myself so why cant she trust me on my judgement of ppl.

Why should she trust you?
  • Options
    cause she lets me go out and she only changing her mind bcoz she narrow minded and cant see the good in ppl and she only happy wen im miserable coz she a smelly old cow hehe
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote:
    coz she a smelly old cow hehe

Your just showing how immature you are there, no wonder she doesn't trust you. tbh, your naive.
  • Options
    oh for fuck sake!!! in what way am i nieve coz i trust my byfnrd is it
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    Your just showing how immature you are there, no wonder she doesn't trust you. tbh, your nieve.
    Not sure if I've ever heard a 17 year old say that before.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    lisalashe wrote:
    oh for fuck sake!!! in what way am i nieve coz i trust my byfnrd is it

No, because, unfortunately, you are acting immature. Calling your mum a "smelly old cow" won't get people thinking that you are mature, sensible and have good judgement. It will cause people to think you are young, immature and naive.

Try seeing things from your mum's point of view for just one second. See her logic.
  • Options
    so would you rather your mum not give a shit?
    you're just being immature now...you can't even write in english - grow up please