Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eco-Footprint - How environmentally friendly are you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm 1.8. I feel quite proud :).
    But then again I'm 15, and I don't have my own car.
  • Options
    FOOD 1.2
    MOBILITY 0
    SHELTER 0.2
    GOODS/SERVICES 0.3
    TOTAL FOOTPRINT 1.7

Though that'll go up when I can afford it (meat every day plus a car). Oh, what's the answer to the bit about which city has similar weather to us? They could've just put London in there, but nooooooo.:grump:
  • Options
    FOOD 1.6
    MOBILITY 2.7
    SHELTER 1.4
    GOODS/SERVICES 3.1
    TOTAL FOOTPRINT 8.8

If everyone lived like me, we'd apparently need 4.9 planets. I guess it's a good job they don't...Not sure how accurate mine was though, I'm not too good with metric; don't know how many sq metres my house is or km per litre on my car...For selecting UK they should have changed it to mpg instead.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I keep telling myself I really ought to turn the TV off properly instead of living it on standby. Apparently this wastes not inconsiderable amounts of energy. Perhaps I will now force myself to start doing it.
    apparently we now have that many stanby lights that it takes the output of half a power station to run them all!
  • Options
    FOOD 1.5

MOBILITY 1.2

SHELTER 1

GOODS/SERVICES 1.2

TOTAL FOOTPRINT 4.9

IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 5.3 GLOBAL HECTARES PER PERSON.

IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 2.7 PLANETS.

Out of interest i put in the data from my life in 2005 and my score was 15.4 (8.7 planets), I am guessing mainly because I was doing 1400km a week in my car burning 9l per 100km.