Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Four Eyes!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just curious, how many thesiter's wear spectacles?

It seems to be a rare occurance to see people wearing specs in magazines these days and I was thinking about why... Probably because they're not stylish enough or sexy enough.:rolleyes:

So. Who's hyperopic? who's myopic and who's astigmatic? What do you think about your eyesight?

Comments

• Options
    My eyesight isnt what it used to be since being jumped a few years back and being punched in the eye, pity my poor eye.

Glasses on women are so sexy, not all woman obviously but sure they are damn nice. Don't wear glasses myself.

If it's in a magazine would you be referring to celebrities? If that were the case then probably it's not the " in thing " for them to be seen wearing so have surgery or wear contact lenses.
  • Options
    I wear glasses, but not all the time. Need some new ones actually
  • Options
    I dont...

I agree with EDN1 though... glasses can look very sexy on women sometimes!
  • Options
    I wer glasses, but only for stuff like reading, working on the computer, watching TV & school work.
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    If it's in a magazine would you be referring to celebrities? If that were the case then probably it's not the " in thing " for them to be seen wearing so have surgery or wear contact lenses.
    Not just celebrities, but the whole magazine front to back - there never seems to be pictures of anyone wear glasses, unless they're sunnies :no:
  • Options
    I dont. They look alright on some people tho
  • Options
    I was told when I was younger that if I didn't wear my glasses, I'd not be able to see well enough to drive when I was older. Maybe it explains why you're all so beautiful to me ;).

No need for glasses. Never did. I knew better than all those optician people. :)
  • Options
    I wear purple glasses. I'm short sighted (myopic) and have a slight astigmatism in my left eye. I can see ok without them, but everything's a bit overwhelming and I'm not allowed to drive without them.
  • Options
    i wear glasses (only when i remember where ive put them though :))
  • Options
    No. I have 20/20 :cool: <--- I am so not the blind man.
    Ok, so I havn't had my eyes checked in proably 7 years, but I see just fine still.
  • Options
    There's someone I know who thinks that because I wer glasses, I now have perfect eyesight...
  • Options
    20-20 vision for me :D

I don't think there is anything wrong with people wearing glasses, some people look good in them. I mean, obviously as long as they aren't giant oversized "comedy" glasses ofcourse :p

I guess contact lenses are becoming increasingly popular.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I wear glasses. I am short sighted. Have worn glasses since I was about 7.
  • Options
    I wear mine for computer work and reading, or I get dreadful headaches. I'm glad this thread is here actually, I keep forgetting to take them to work this week :chin:
  • Options
    I am a fan of blokes who wear glasses. But they need to be ones that suit them, none of your specsavers pap.

There's lots of lads who wear them at work, and wowee. Noiiiice.

:D

I AM meant to wear glasses, but I hate the ones I have now. I wear contacts instead.

I am short sighted.
  • Options
    i dont need glasses, my eye sight is perfect.

gotta say tho, if i did, i'd have laser surgery probably, too much hassle with glasses.

my mate had to wear glasses ALL the time, then had the surgery and its amazing the difference its made.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I don't need them. Perfect vision for me.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I used to have them. No need for glasses anymore though. Also had a squint when I was younger. The boyf needs glasses though, he won't go to an opticians thou.
  • Options
    I don't have/need glasses, I'd go with the concensus that some people look sexy as hell in them though :thumb:
  • Options
    I wear glasses, but usually wear contact lenses.
    My eyesight is shit. i have -5 and -4.5 in the other eye.
  • Options
    I wear my Jai Kudo rimless or Gucci thick rimmed glasses when my eyes are tired of contacts.

Glasses can look really good on women.
  • Options
    I am astigmatic and short sighted and wear glasses from when I get out of bed until I go back to bed pretty much, lifes fine until I leave them somewhere other than the usual spot and can't find them in the morning.

I've got really nice light half framed ones, only down side is makes them hard to find quickly.

Reminds me, must make opticians appointment to try contacts, glasses are starting to do my head in when I go out/do sport, mine seem to be getting a bit of a battering recently.
  • Options
    I am very short sighted and got astigmatism in both eyes. I have designer glasses but only wear them at night as I have contact lenses.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I have a lot of myopia and a little astigmatism, so I pretty much wear them all the time. To be honest I'd prefer contacts, but there's some trouble with that.
    There certainly are people that look better in glasses though, of both sexes.
  • Options
    I am long sighted and have an astigmatism in my left eye. I wear contact lenses as glasses do not suit my face shape.
  • Options
    my eye sight is rather shite. i havent had new glasses for about 4 years even though i need them because we can't afford it :(

i love wearing glasses :cool:
  • Options
    None for me, perfect vision on both eyes...
  • Options
    J'ai astigmatic and have to wear glasses all the time. Tried contacts but they are so much hassle to take care of... Probably need to get some though because I've started rock-climbing again and having glasses when you're dangling 40 feet in the air ain't nice... :no: Oh, and need new glasses as well. Had the same pair for about 3 years.... :grump:
  • Options
    I wear them for close up work, such as my beauty treatments, or using the computer, reading etc.. (I don't struggle so much with TV. Dunno why, maybe I sit far enough away, as I'm longsighted.) I have them on now :D People say I look pretty with them on, but I do prefer having them off.
  • Options
    I wear them for driving and watching tv.