Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Four Eyes!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How are they different to 'normal' lenses?
  • Options
    I was getting a my license renewed today and had to take the vision test, still 20 20 all right :cool: <-- not me :thumb:
  • Options
    Are the gas permeable ones the ones ou can keep in for amonth? I've got a friend who wears his contacts for a month and only takes them out occasionally.

I have contacts but wear specs almost exclusively...
  • Options
    Mine are monthly ones...
  • Options
    How are they different to 'normal' lenses?
    Gas permeable's are rigid - they're not soft and floppy like daily disposables, but they're like hard plastic... Try having a piece of hard plastic shoved under your eyelid :crazyeyes
    I shudder whenever an optician suggests them :nervous:
  • Options
    Ooh i do lol i'm very short sighted but i think i'm getting more astigmatic as my contact lenses seem to suction to my eye quite a bit now.
  • Options
    If you were moderately astigmatic you wouldn't be able to wear average contact lenses - they'd be too uncomfortable and you'd feel them.
  • Options
    i'm wanting to try contacts, i'm hoping to try those water based ones on tv cause i'm on the pill and it can make you sensitive to them - but i seem to be sensitive to everything anyway!
  • Options
    If you were moderately astigmatic you wouldn't be able to wear average contact lenses - they'd be too uncomfortable and you'd feel them.

I didn't say i was moderatly astigmatic i said i think i was getting more astigmatic and at the moment its not a problem so by getting more i'd be getting a slight astigmatism and i do feel them have something suctioned to your eye isn't exactly comfortable.
  • Options
    Ah right, well then maybe trying different contacts may help...
  • Options
    Daily disposables :thumb:
  • Options
    Last time I was at the opticians was about 3 years ago, and he said I was very slightly long sighted and had a wee smidgen of astigmatism, but neither were bad enough to need corrective lenses for, particularly.

I do have glasses though, which are supposed to help with my eyes' lack of inclination to focus properly. It's not like they can't focus, they can, but they like to drift in and out, and I have to concentrate to make things stay in focus. I'm supposed to do focusing exercises too, but I lapsed a bit, and now I'm kind of used to everything being like it is. I don't even know where my glasses are.

I should probably go for a checkup.
  • Options
    I am 20 and wear glasses since I am 7 or 8 years old.

I am myopic, got 4 dioptres on my right and 3 dio on my left eye.

Will probably get contact lenses this summer, even tho I am not unhappy with my glasses (maybe a little bit).

So far 3 people said I look a little bit better without glasses and only one that I got the typical "glasses-face" (when you can totally tell if someone wears glasses, if he's not wearing at the moment you look at him/her), this boosts me a bit in my decision.

Furthermore am I thinking about getting laser eye surgery so my eyeview will be perfect again (and stay that way!)

/edit:
    I got my smashed armani frame (soccer), i got it duct taped together as replacement.
    Then I got the Eschenbach desginerglasses I have now. they were fairly expensive but are made out of Titanium and are almost indestructible (you can bend the frame to a ball and it bends back together again), the glas itself is super scratch-resistant and got the best reflective coating. I got an excellent optician who grinds the glasses himself in the back of this shop, so you have to wait just ~2-3 days for your glasses). He practically measures EVERYTHING on your face to make the glasses really fit well, plus he makes you an awesome price.
    The glasses I wear now (Eschenbach) are pretty stylish, the glasses are just as high as my thumb is broad. Looks better than my old, because I am a slim person.

The last glasses I got are my optical sunglasses for about 20€ :D it was a special discount (of course they are adjusted to my eyesight!), they look like the Agent Smith glasses from Matrix, so that's cool too.

/e#2
    Gas permeable's are rigid - they're not soft and floppy like daily disposables, but they're like hard plastic... Try having a piece of hard plastic shoved under your eyelid
    I shudder whenever an optician suggests them
    That's not entierely true. My optician (an expert for glasses AND lenses [both examinations for the degree of master]), suggested me monthly lenses. you can wear them 30 days (dont have to be consecutive 30 days), but they are gas permeable and actually fitted onto your eye! not like the day lenses, where you have to be lucky to have the right eyeball-measurement so they fit perfectly.