Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weird dreams

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had any weird dreams lately? Any idea what they might have meant?

The other night I dreamt about going to watch an american football match. I was with my cuddly, friendly pet llama called The Kettle. He understood english, but never spoke it himself. Then suddenly I lost The Kettle and was upset, and then I woke up! I think it might be a drugs reference, although it might just be randomness?!

So...weird dreams anyone?

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Well, the other day I had a dream about a bully with blood-red eyes who tried to beat me up then asked me about the crucifix I used to wear around my neck, and I was trying to convince him it was actually a telephone. But all my dreams are weird like that.
  • Options
    All the time, every night I have a weird random fucked up dream. Recently though I've been having dreams where I drink loads and loads of water and still seem thirsty. Fuck knows!
  • Options
    i dreamt last night that i was in the big brother house and i was trapped UNDER one of the beds with pete :chin: we couldnt get out, and no matter how loudly we called noone came. for some reason my sister was in there too and i could hear her but she couldnt hear me!!

then for some reason it changed so i was in this big water park with my mum and step-dad - BUT according to everyone else i was with it was really the crystal maze :yes: then a guy i used to like at uni appeared and took my hand, and told me my parents were weird, but he had just got arrested so had to run away :crazyeyes so then we had to climb up this massive ass taboggan slope for some reason, but when we got there we found out it was the wrong one and had to go down again. it went on like that for quite a while lol
  • Options
    I've had loads of weird dreams.

They almost all involve violence. I usually end up beating people to death with my bare hands and walking around covered in blood with an empty look in my face.

Last night infact, I dreamt that I went out to dinner with some friends and my sister. Well this guy kept bugging my sister, and he wouldn't take the hint when I hold him to bog off. So I went nuts and beat the fuck out of him, and I woke up grunted and imagining my fists in his face. My jaw still hurts from having been grinding my teeth in my sleep.
  • Options
    I had a horrible dream last night :(

I always have strange dreams.
  • Options
    I had a freaky dream last night... I don't remember much of it though.
    I had to do some kind of ritual, which involved putting some bandages in a plate and cutting my arm open with a knife so that blood would drip on them and then I'd burn them, but I was carrying the knife (a kitchen knife) in my pocket, and as I pulled it out I sliced my side open, and although it was pretty deep blood came from only one spot, and it was thick.
  • Options
    I keep having dreams about saving money.

The other night I drempt I got a gallon of milk for 99 cents. Had one too where the soup I like was on sale 5 for $1... I wish :p

Then I drempt my car had break problems so I called my dad and yelled at him because he bought me crappy overpriced breaks when I could have gone to a different place and gotten them for 1/3 the cost.
  • Options
    i had a dream that lea from BB died in an accident in the house and it was all over the news
  • Options
    I had one the other night that scientists where taking out peoples DNA changing it and putting it back in them, so everyone changed their personalities/ lokks etc but just a liitle bit, so they where the same person but not if you get idea. And some peeps of here where in it as well. I blame exam stress for that one.
  • Options
    I had one the other night that scientists where taking out peoples DNA changing it and putting it back in them, so everyone changed their personalities/ lokks etc but just a liitle bit, so they where the same person but not if you get idea. And some peeps of here where in it as well. I blame exam stress for that one.
    Thats sounds like a pretty interesting dream

I just remembered another one I used to have when I was younger.

I would dream that I walked all the way to school and realised I forgot to wear shoes, and everyone was laughing at me. I had lots of dreams like that, forgetting stuff like trousers or shoes. I must have been about 10 at the time. Anyone want to analyse that for me?
  • Options
    i have some mad dreams .. i like dreaming tho it amazes me :yes:
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    i have some mad dreams .. i like dreaming tho it amazes me :yes:
    Oh, I just remembered another one, I was trying to convince people that I wasn't insane, and that I should be let out. That was one of my worst ones, you know...being tapped and no one listening.
  • Options
    Thats sounds like a pretty interesting dream

I just remembered another one I used to have when I was younger.

I would dream that I walked all the way to school and realised I forgot to wear shoes, and everyone was laughing at me. I had lots of dreams like that, forgetting stuff like trousers or shoes. I must have been about 10 at the time. Anyone want to analyse that for me?

But no-one really knew it was going on or did and didnt talk about it, it was just really really wierd.
  • Options
    Oh, I just remembered another one, I was trying to convince people that I wasn't insane, and that I should be let out. That was one of my worst ones, you know...being tapped and no one listening.
    That's pretty much what my nightmares are like. I try to say something but no one is listening, or I'm saying to someone (almost always my mum) that I'm in a big hurry and I have to go but they keep talking to me so I can't.
    Thankfully I rarely get nightmares.
  • Options
    But no-one really knew it was going on or did and didnt talk about it, it was just really really wierd.
    I love dreams, only once have I had a so called waking dream, where I knew it was a dream.

I was on the train to brighton, so I guess the rocking motion still registered in my brain or something. Anyway, I was totally aware I was dreaming, but I still couldn't control it, so I made myself wake up. And it worked, I was awake and jerked my head, the guy opposite me started to smerk.
  • Options
    I have some of the most bizarre dreams imaginable. Or, it may seem like that because I can generally remember much of the content. I don't usually try to find meaning behind them, but I do analyze them in one way or another. I've actually recorded a few of my more interesting ones. If anyone is bored to tears or just interested in a good read, you can take a gander:

http://kenisoncampus.blogspot.com

Everything should be more or less understandable except the "Condom Hunt" dream. A few inside jokes and such somehow made their way into that one.
  • Options
    dude, I took one look at the length of condom hunt, and decided it would be an hour of my life I wouldn't get back :p
  • Options
    Ha! Can't blame you. I don't know that I've ever actually gone back and even reread that one. That was the only dream I've recorded immediately upon waking up, so it includes almost every detail. The others I just sort of gave a rundown of. Oh, I also enjoy writing, so when I get on a roll, I'm basically impossible to stop. Sort of like the Marvel Juggernaut of compositions, in that regard.
  • Options
    I tend to remember details even hours later, about most of my dreams. Although it's surely better to record them as soon as possible after you wake up.
  • Options
    I do like your writing style, kinda makes me laugh a little.
  • Options
    I think my personal favorite is the one where I'm sitting on the rings of Saturn with the entire population of the world, and everyone is passing around different marijuana smoking devices -- joints, blunts, bongs, things that don't even actually exist, etc. (I don't smoke pot in real life, either.) There are spaceships from the Smashing Pumpkins' "Tonight, Tonight" video flying by, and then I look down, and the actual planet of Saturn turns into a speaker pumping bass. I woke up and thought I was on LSD.
  • Options
    Then! He turns into Michael J. Fox!!
    That just sounded so random.

Speaking of The Pumpkins, when I get turned on, I think of the video for Today. With those kids making out on the long grass.
  • Options
    Irrelevant, but there's an instrumental track on an album by Blind Guardian, named "Weird Dreams". :p
  • Options
    Here's another random post, but one of my missions in life is to try LSD. I've told about 4 people this, and they always get a little freaked up. I'm straight as an arrow, and then I start talking about the history of LSD and how cool the rush is supposed to be.
  • Options
    I'd try LSD if it didn't have the potential to immediately disintegrate various components of my central nervous system and if I could somehow press a button or something to end a bad trip right away and return to reality.

I do think more research should be done with it. If there can be a safe way to unlock more power of the human mind, the possibilities for progress are endless. Anyway, this is probably a whole 'nother topic for the drugs forum.

So long as I keep having outrageous dreams and my imagination stays on overdrive, I should be okay without the acid.
  • Options
    I had a horrid nightmare that I was looking after Mandy from Hollyoaks baby when it died of cot death, totally shook me up and was so graphic :crying:
  • Options
    I couple of days ago I had a really lovely dream - I kissed my own boyfriend on the lips :heart:
  • Options
    I used to have dreams where i had no shirt on at school and stuff like that. I used to constanly have dreams where I was being bullied and had to fight the bullies (incidentally, people who were nasty to me and who I didn't like) but when i punched them or whatever it felt really weak and they didn't feel it.
  • Options
    i dreamt last night that i was a dolphin.
    i was in this coral with a load of other dolphins and they told me not to go into the open water otherwise the sharks would get me.
    i made the mistake of going out and these 3 sharks came along - one of which was somehow my dad :confused: he said to me that he wouldnt eat me as long as i was nice to my sister - who was a lobster.
    god it was weird.

there was something to do with motorbikes in there too but i cant imagine how that fit in with the whole dolphin theme!
  • Options
    Last night I drempt somebody kept calling my phone but would hang up when I answered. So I called them back once and it was Franki.