Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So just bloody phone him! And don't beat about the bush, men don't understand all that nonsense. If you like cheese, tell him that you like cheese. If you don't like cheese, tell him that you don't like cheese. And if you don't like it when he eats cheese, then don't tell him that it is okay for him to eat cheese.

Talk to him. Tell him how you feel. At least you'll know where you stand :).
    :thumb: Never a truer word.

nicx is right too
  • Options
    well, he didnt want to carry on texting because he hasnt replied, i should have taken the hint when he told me to have a nice evening.

i could send him an email, and he can read that at a time convenient to him, but i just dont know where to start.

I dont want to be bomarding him with emails when he's already made it clear he doesnt want to be texting me any more today.

Would i be best to leave it a couple of days, and then send him an email? Maybe he'll have thought about things a bit by then.

Dont know how i'll get through a couple of days though.

God. Im going crazy.

What would i put in an email?
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    nicx is right too

Who? ;)
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    God. Im going crazy.

You're going crazy? What about all the poor sods on here who want to throw you at him and make you talk? :p

PM me your address and I'll give you a sim with £10 on it. :)
  • Options
    The trouble with texts is that they're so hard to interpret. I wouldn't say that by telling to to have a nice evening he was giving you the brush off (except maybe as a hint to text later, when he's not with the lads). write him a letter, nothing too heavy, but just something to say that you really like him, don't want it to end just because you've both moved away and that maybe it's worth giving the LDR a shot.

I remember the last time I saw my b/f before he moved away from Bristol on graduating. It was a mate's birthday and I spent the day with Dunc at his flat before we met up with the others. we were in a similar position to you, in that we had only met just before the easter holidays and the 'relationship', such as it was was in its very early stages. I asked him what was gonna happen to 'us' when he left and he said it would be difficult and wouldn't really talk about it. when I had to leave after the birthday meal, Dunc walked me down to the bus station, stopping every few footsteps to kiss me, as if it would be the last time we'd see each other.

I spent the journey home feeling pretty shit and in confusion, as nothing had really been resolved, and the way he'd answered my question earlier had made me think he wasn't interested in carrying it futher, whereas the walk down the bus made it seem that he was pretty keen and I meant something to him, so :confused:

When I got home I decided that I couldn't leave it like that, so wrote him a letter, along the same kind of lines I suggested to you and he phoned up the day he got it and agreed to give the distance a go.....

We spent 3 years doing it long distance, sometimes between London and Bristol or Bath, sometimes between London and Hannover. Quite often we'd only see each other one weekend in 3 or 4 weeks, when we both had a lot of work on (I was doing my degree, he was at law school). Then, when I graduated at last, I moved to London and moved in with him. We've now been living together 2 years and none of it would have happened if I hadn't bit the bullet and wrote that letter 5 years ago.

Your story might not end up like mine, but it's worth a shot, you'll never know unless you do it, and not knowing is FAAAR scarier. Good luck xx
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:

nicx is right too

Of course I am :D

Who?

You'll get a bitten kneecap one day soon, or I'll push you off your pink effing bike ;)
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    He's out having fun with friends, and is always out with people doing things, or at work, so it would be rude of me to call him up anyway.

err friends? rude to phone? No.
  • Options
    well ive got no reply to my last text

He clearly doesnt want to be talking to me right now

I think i know what i need to do. I need to leave him alone for a few days unless he contacts me first, i dont want to shower him with texts, calls, emails and make him feel like he's being smothered.

If ive not heard anything in a few days and if im still no clearer about what he wants i will send him an email that is straight to the point.
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    You'll get a bitten kneecap one day soon, or I'll push you off your pink effing bike ;)

I'd be more concerned if you could reach higher than my knee. No wonder you're on about biting it ;).
  • Options
    Just because you're taller than me, does not make me unable to hurt you. And I (sort of) know where you live so ner.
  • Options
    No, you know where my sister lives, and even her dog is bigger than you. But I know exactly where you live, Miss BLT :p.

I'm only pulling your leg :). Lets hope it doesn't fall off, eh? Still, I guess you'd not have far to fall :D.
  • Options
    No, you know where my sister lives, and even her dog is bigger than you. But I know exactly where you live, Miss BLT :p.

I'm only pulling your leg :). Lets hope it doesn't fall off, eh? Still, I guess you'd not have far to fall :D.

You're a git. And I do know where you live, as well as your sister. Wildwood isn't THAT big. I'd find you.

And I'm changing the BLT now, that's just mean, bullying me.
  • Options
    Heh, you'd never find me. I'm good at covering my tracks :).

I'm not bullying you. You know I love you really. ;):heart: :thumb:
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    well ive got no reply to my last text

He clearly doesnt want to be talking to me right now

I think i know what i need to do. I need to leave him alone for a few days unless he contacts me first, i dont want to shower him with texts, calls, emails and make him feel like he's being smothered.

If ive not heard anything in a few days and if im still no clearer about what he wants i will send him an email that is straight to the point.

I think that this is a good idea, though you will feel shit until you hear from him. It's always better when you see/hear from him.

I hope it all goes well for you :)

I know that this feeling really sucks :(
  • Options
    Im feeling really crappy right now :(

went out last night to try to take my mind off things, it didnt work at all. Ive just ended up feeling worse

I couldnt sleep last night till about 3am cos all this crap was on my mind, then i woke up just after 6am then started thinking again, still wide awake yet exhausted

i dont understand why im feeling so shit. I must like him far too much for my own good. I feel like im nothing any more, i wanted him for so long, finally something happened then it was all taken away from me.

My phone keeps going off and i hope so much that its him, saying that he wants to make a go of things, but all i keep getting is texts from people i never normally hear from!

Im probably obsessed/infatuated/whatever, But i cant help it. Its not easy to find someone you can click with *this* much.
    just using this thread like a diary to get my thoughts down :p got nobody to talk to really
  • Options
    Mate, you need to clear this up, lets face it, if you don't get a yes or a no from him soon, you're never going to move on.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Mate, you need to clear this up, lets face it, if you don't get a yes or a no from him soon, you're never going to move on.

i know, but if he wanted to talk to me he would have, ive got an unreplied text so if i send any more, or use another form of contact then its just going to flood him.
  • Options
    Or he got wasted last night and is hung over. Stop speaking for him, and allow him to talk for himself. Most reliably by ringing him, use the house phone.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Or he got wasted last night and is hung over. Stop speaking for him, and allow him to talk for himself. Most reliably by ringing him, use the house phone.

im not stopping himfrom talking for himself though :( he's choosing not to.

i just dont think that forcing a discussion about everything is going to help, with a phone call its less easy to end it when you're not in the mood for talking.

if i havent heard from him, or gotten any answers by monday im going to email him. i have one typed out and saved ready to send, telling him exactly how i feel about everything
  • Options
    post it here
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    post it here

haha, nooo, its too embaressing :blush:

it basically just says that i think alot of him, that he's a really special person to me, that im really sad nothing more has happened due to leaving uni. Ive said that our last few days with everything out in the open was exactly what ive wanted for months. Ive said that im kicking myself for not telling him sooner. and ive asked what he thinks about it all
  • Options
    i think you should TRY and chill out, you know he likes you and misses you so don't spoil it by worrying! let him txt you first. :yes:
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    haha, nooo, its too embaressing :blush:

Yeah, cos the rest of the stuff you've shared isn't embarassing...
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Yeah, cos the rest of the stuff you've shared isn't embarassing...

well no im not embaressed about it actually, its just the way i feel

would be embaressing to paste the exact email but ive given the jist of it
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    would be embaressing to paste the exact email but ive given the jist of it

From what you've written it sounds fine, although the 'nothing more has happened due to leaving uni' bit sounds a bit on the pessimistic side; as if you're resigned to it being over, which is the opposite of what you want to say!

Go for it, but don't send it by e-mail - post it as a handwritten letter - far more personal that way. Good luck! (and don't give up on the postgrad idea either)
  • Options
    Meryn wrote:
    From what you've written it sounds fine, although the 'nothing more has happened due to leaving uni' bit sounds a bit on the pessimistic side; as if you're resigned to it being over, which is the opposite of what you want to say!

Go for it, but don't send it by e-mail - post it as a handwritten letter - far more personal that way. Good luck! (and don't give up on the postgrad idea either)

what would i put instead of 'nothing more has happened due to leaving uni' ?

also, will have to be an email as i dont know his home address
  • Options
    Basically repeating what everyone else has said, but you should definitely go for it. It's scary as hell but it's so important that you do. You appear to really love him, and that's something you should definitely fight for. You don't have to scare him to be forward - you feel this way and you'll regret it forever if you don't tell him. You've hardly been straightforward with each other for most of your relationship, so it is going to be very difficult to start now. But send the email on Monday and if it doesn't work, then at least you tried. If it does work, then it could be the best thing ever.

Me and a friend were in a similar situation last year, such amazingly close friends, and then one day I told him I had feelings for him and thought I'd totally ruined everything. Felt gutted but at least I'd gone for it. Turned out pretty damn good - we've been together 6 months and it's amazing. He's going to uni this year and I've got a gap year and then I'm off too, and it's going to be hard but it feels worth it so we're probably going to try a LDR. You never know what will happen, so at least try.

Good luck, and keep us updated.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    what would i put instead of 'nothing more has happened due to leaving uni' ?

Just leave it out - you haven't been home long, so have hardly had time for anything more to have happened anyway! (Unless you had a conversation where you said that leaving uni would be a 'natural break', in which case, something along the lines of, 'I know we'd said it would be best to leave it, but I've had a really nice time these past couple of weeks with you, and it would be silly to throw away something just because of a little hurdle like distance'.)
    Basically repeating what everyone else has said, but you should definitely go for it. It's scary as hell but it's so important that you do. You appear to really love him, and that's something you should definitely fight for. You don't have to scare him to be forward - you feel this way and you'll regret it forever if you don't tell him. You've hardly been straightforward with each other for most of your relationship, so it is going to be very difficult to start now. But send the email on Monday and if it doesn't work, then at least you tried. If it does work, then it could be the best thing ever.

:yes:

Oh and back to the embarrassing thing - I know where the letter I sent is, but I've never reread it, I get the feeling it would be far too cringe-worthy...but it worked though ;)