Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

zarqawi is dead! who will the americans blame next?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am fucking serious I'm gonna ban the two of you in the next five minutes. It's 12.55, if I see a post after 1 o'clock making personal insults at each other you can both fuck off and find some other playground to pull each other's hair in.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    In your dreams.
    Oh yes Luke, I know it will never become reality. Like all the best powerful tyrants and rulers in history they will remain in power unchallenged despite having killed and committed far more crimes than all the "terrorists" and "dangerous dictators" they claim to get rid of.

Pity you choose to defend such evil maniacs though. But... it's your conscience not mine.
  • Options
    you bett listen boys. people from bolton hate asians.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    I am fucking serious I'm gonna ban the two of you in the next five minutes. It's 12.55, if I see a post after 1 o'clock making personal insults at each other you can both fuck off and find some other playground to pull each other's hair in.
    Sorry. I'm staying out of this.
  • Options
    What are you talking about, who is saying they hate asians?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Pity you choose to defend such evil maniacs though. But... it's your conscience not mine.
    Yes Blair and Bush over Saddam and Ahmadinejad.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    What are you talking about, who is saying they hate asians?
    They are saying I hate them and I'm asking them for proof as I know for certain I've never said it.
  • Options
    But why do you have to choose? You don't have to choose between them. All you have to do is see that Bush and Blair are odious, blood-stained crooked war criminals and that they deserve our utter contempt just as Saddam or Zarqawi did.

To quote a certian politician out of Question Time last night, how many innocent men, women and children do you think have been beheaded by American 2,000 lb bombs dropped indiscriminately on them?

I reckon far, far more than Zarqawi ever managed to do.
  • Options
    Well I'm the only one from Bolton here so I'm assuming Iron Nic has decided to start calling me a racist for asking people not to insult you (initally at least)
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    But why do you have to choose? You don't have to choose between them. All you have to do is see that Bush and Blair are odious, blood-stained crooked war criminals and that they deserve our utter contempt just as Saddam or Zarqawi did.

To quote a certian politician out of Question Time last night, how many innocent men, women and children do you think have been beheaded by American 2,000 lb bombs dropped indiscriminately on them?

I reckon far, far more than Zarqawi ever managed to do.
    You see, most of the death in Iraq have been caused by terrorism, not by Bush or Blair but by the terrorists there. The ones who are preventing democracy taking place.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    Terrorism has got one purpose. TO incite fear and terror into people.
    What the UK and US governments might or might not be doing ( and I can't confirm any of that without unbiased and verified evdience), is not terrorism. You can call it systematic reconstruction of countries or whatever you want but not terrorism. I sometimes think that most of the commanders in the US and UK ranks have the Oaedipus complex!!

Again terrorism is visible, what the US and UK governments might be doing is not visible.

Seems you have an extremely selective definition and area of application for "terrorism" then, mig.

The devastation of entire cities with thousands of tons of cruise missiles and firebombs, the indiscriminate kicking in of doors and indefinite incarceration of countless Iraqis/Afghanis without any shred of evidence or due, transparent process of law, the torture of the same (including documented authorisations to rape children in front of their parents to coerce information) and a host of other QUITE visible atrocities are INDEED inciting terror and fear.

Add to that the spreading repression and balcklisting of private individuals for so much as belonging to grassfroots democratic accountability groups in by my own government (which through fear has effectively stifled broadbased public discourse and necessary popular display of dissent) and you have a semaless demonstration of a very active and documented agenda being incrementally installed by the most rabid and militant ideologues to have connived their way to power since the Third Reich.

Simply because the perpetrator is a/are state actor(s) makes it no less "terrorism" by design.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    You see, most of the death in Iraq have been caused by terrorism, not by Bush or Blair but by the terrorists there. The ones who are preventing democracy taking place.
    No, not quite.

Direct deaths from the US-led illegal war and subsequent illegal occupation stand at around 30,000 civilians at least (and counting).

And whereas many thousands more are regrettably being killed by terrorists, you only have to do a simply calculation to see who's guilty of that:

People killed by terrorists in Iraq per year when Saddam was in power = 0

People killed by terrorists in Iraq per year after Saddam was illegally removed by the US and Britain even though they didn't have any contingency plans = 12,000

See?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    No, not quite.

Direct deaths from the US-led illegal war and subsequent illegal occupation stand at around 30,000 civilians at least (and counting).

And whereas many thousands more are regrettably being killed by terrorists, you only have to do a simply calculation to see who's guilty of that:

People killed by terrorists in Iraq per year when Saddam was in power = 0

People killed by terrorists in Iraq per year after Saddam was illegally removed by the US and Britain even though they didn't have any contingency plans = 12,000

See?
    People killed while saddam was in power = million.
  • Options
    People killed by two Gulf Wars and 11 years of appalling UN sanctions = 1 million

Additional people killed by the hundreds of thousands of unexploded ammunition and mines dropped by the US and Britain= up to 100,000

Children born with hideous birth defects and/or developing cancer early in life as a direct result of the US and Britain using depleted uranium ammunition in Iraq = 100,000s

And last but not least:

Number of US Presidents and British Prime Ministers who gave a fuck about Saddam Hussein killing all those people while he was a useful friend of the West= 0
  • Options

Here's a novel idea. Why don't you support your wild claims with some concrete evidence for a change. If this is to be a proper debate, at any rate.

Fact is, you have internalised this term "terrorist" without any critical reflection beyond whatever sensationalist headlines or nightly news soundbites you repeatedly read or hear (respectively).

And are you now arguing that there is no democracy there, because the warmongers have long been arguing that the elections there were a hallmark demonstration of democracy in action. One really has to wonder about the memory spans of the pro-war camp.

Do kindly provide us with supporting comparative data concerning those slaughtered by our illegal destruction of two major urban centres, indiscriminate attacks on private dwellings and citizens opposite those numbers killed through this oft asserted "terrorism" of which you speak.
  • Options
    Iron Nic wrote:
    you bett listen boys. people from bolton hate asians.

This Bolton FC's Squad list.

Al-Habsi
    Ashton
    Howarth
    Jaaskelainen
    Walker
    Ben-Haim
    Campo
    Faye
    Fojut
    Hunt
    Jaidi
    N'Gotty
    Gardner
    Giannakopoulos
    Nakata
    Nolan
    O'Brien
    Okocha
    Perez
    Sissons
    Speed
    Borgetti
    Buval
    Davies
    Diouf
    Fadiga
    Jansen
    Pedersen
    Sinclair
    Smith
    Vaz Te

A few Asians there, a few muslims, couple of spaniards, even a greek....

What are you talking about Bolotn hating Asians??
  • Options
    Well not to mention how many Asian people live in Bolton
  • Options
    Seems you have an extremely selective definition and area of application for "terrorism" then, mig.

The devastation of entire cities with thousands of tons of cruise missiles and firebombs, the indiscriminate kicking in of doors and indefinite incarceration of countless Iraqis/Afghanis without any shred of evidence or due, transparent process of law, the torture of the same (including documented authorisations to rape children in front of their parents to coerce information) and a host of other QUITE visible atrocities are INDEED inciting terror and fear.

Add to that the spreading repression and balcklisting of private individuals for so much as belonging to grassfroots democratic accountability groups in by my own government (which through fear has effectively stifled broadbased public discourse and necessary popular display of dissent) and you have a semaless demonstration of a very active and documented agenda being incrementally installed by the most rabid and militant ideologues to have connived their way to power since the Third Reich.

Simply because the perpetrator is a/are state actor(s) makes it no less "terrorism" by design.

No, not at all.
    The terrorists kill people on purpose to incite terror.
    People killed by the Western Countries are collateral damage or that's what they call it.
    There is a difference. And like I said TERRORISM is a visible to everyone.
    Black ops and shit like that is not so visible to the Western World because the media chooses not to show it (what is known in the media world as Gatekeeping)
    Lets just agree to disagree on the definition.
    luke88 wrote:
    People killed while saddam was in power = million.

And who provided the weapons and material for Saddam to do that?
    And do you know what a JDAM is?

Wasn't there an article in the Guardian not so long ago, on page 19 no less, about Bush saying that the information about the WOMS in Iraq were indeed based on false intelligence??
  • Options
    emperors and pirates. both are terrorists. one have f16s with 500lb bombs. the other have suicide bombers. western media though will never cover collateral damage as much as a certain croquet game. the media is a homogenised tool of a society. one may be left, the other right, but there will come a point when both will converge and anything beyond that they will be the same.

politicians will always refute what the opposite party said because that is the nature of politics. otherwise there would be no different parties. the conservatives wouldve invaded iraq if they were in govt. this is the policy of the west. and thats why terrorists are target the west. the so-called terrorist are despicable too but unlike the west, they dont have tanks and global economic organisations that dictates to other countries how much their interest rates should be. etc.

now zarqawi personified the insurgency for a while. and like any propaganda, the hate of the people has to be directed and focused to a single point, in this case a person, which makes ait easier to demonise the opposing ideology. the same way those against the west would focus on bush, or those against the govt would focus on blair.

terrorism in iraq, in my opinion, is a symptom of western policy of expanding democracy and along with it, the free market. and terrorism in iraq is the battle between wetsern and (fundamental) islamic ideology
  • Options
    The terrorists kill people on purpose to incite terror.
    People killed by the Western Countries are collateral damage or that's what they call it.
    There is a difference. And like I said TERRORISM is a visible to everyone.

Firstly, you take an overly simplistic view of the purposes for which terrorism is utilised as a tactic. With some proper research youll find that the historic application of terrorism goes well beyond the desire to simply cause fear, but to advance a concrete political agenda. Even the UN accepted definition acknowledges as much (and in fact does not discriminate between state and nonstate actors)...
    Terrorism is an anxiety-inspiring method of repeated violent action, employed by (semi-) clandestine individual, group or state actors, for idiosyncratic, criminal or political reasons, whereby — in contrast to assassination — the direct targets of violence are not the main targets. The immediate human victims of violence are generally chosen randomly (targets of opportunity) or selectively (representative or symbolic targets) from a target population, and serve as message generators. Threat- and violence-based communication processes between terrorist (organization), (imperilled) victims, and main targets are used to manipulate the main target (audience(s)), turning it into a target of terror, a target of demands, or a target of attention, depending on whether intimidation, coercion, or propaganda is primarily sought," (Schmid, 1988).

With this in mind I encourage you to familiarise yourself with US foreign policy objectives toward the Gulf States, especially in light of moves within the past 5 years (notably by Saddam's government as well in 2001) to withdraw from the PetroDollar hegemony in favour of the PetroEuro standard. This was the actual catalyst to war for the neocons, a display of force and destruction calculated to instill fear and pause in all other GCC/OPEC member states against following suit.

That, notwithstanding the population-level terrorism of mass sluaghter visited upon them (and again THAT most visibly), is in full accordance with a comprehensive definition of "terrorism".

What you posit above is a false distinction based on nothing more than standard operational MIC PR turns of phrase, not political reality. Mass slaughter by intent cannot be excused as merely "collateral damage", however much the complicit sanitised mainstream media would have you accept it.
  • Options
    will get back to you...gotta go
  • Options
    Firstly, you take an overly simplistic view of the purposes for which terrorism is utilised as a tactic. With some proper research youll find that the historic application of terrorism goes well beyond the desire to simply cause fear, but to advance a concrete political agenda. Even the UN accepted definition acknowledges as much (and in fact does not discriminate between state and nonstate actors)...

With this in mind I encourage you to familiarise yourself with US foreign policy objectives toward the Gulf States, especially in light of moves within the past 5 years (notably by Saddam's government as well in 2001) to withdraw from the PetroDollar hegemony in favour of the PetroEuro standard. This was the actual catalyst to war for the neocons, a display of force and destruction calculated to instill fear and pause in all other GCC/OPEC member states against following suit.

That, notwithstanding the population-level terrorism of mass sluaghter visited upon them (and again THAT most visibly), is in full accordance with a comprehensive definition of "terrorism".

Fine, I agree with most of that now.
    What you posit above is a false distinction based on nothing more than standard operational MIC PR turns of phrase, not political reality. Mass slaughter by intent cannot be excused as merely "collateral damage", however much the complicit sanitised mainstream media would have you accept it.

What am I accepting?
  • Options
    UK and US covert operatives (special forces and intelligence agents) are the more plausible and apparent boogeymen behind the spates of kidnappings and car bombings.

I guess that means that the answer to my question about you reading the teachings I recommended is a "No" then.

Unless, of course, you believe taht the man is question was a CIA stooge (given that he'd lived in the US for years) and that the events in Egypt were all part of the plot.

Like I said, you are as much a victim of propaganda as the people you slam.
  • Options
    all the people who condemned galloways statement about not being upset if blair was assasinated, who back this killing are complete hypocrites
  • Options
    I guess that means that the answer to my question about you reading the teachings I recommended is a "No" then.

Unless, of course, you believe taht the man is question was a CIA stooge (given that he'd lived in the US for years) and that the events in Egypt were all part of the plot.

Like I said, you are as much a victim of propaganda as the people you slam.

Firstly I havent the faintest clue as to what "teachings" you have recommended. Looking through this entire thread I see no link nor reference to any specific teachings. Seems a complete nonsequitor to the issue frankly.

Although CIA/Mossad assets are indeed plentiful throughout the Arab world, I would require some clarification as to whom precisely you mean by your second comment.

As to the the third, well its safe to say that given the considerable differences in our professional experiences and areas of knowledge, your judgement of the quality of my refrences and my analyses in matter of foreign affairs/policy lack as much weight as any judgement I might venture on the quality of your claims concerning NHS policy and practices. A key reason why I do not venture into such topics as a general rule.

Safe to say I have sufficient capacity to connect the dots of the long and consistent modus operandi of my government's (and military/intelligence establishment's) foreign practices - particularly in regard to destabilising and subverting uncooperative leaders/governments and fabricating enemies when necessary to justify military interventionism - to discern the difference between "propaganda" and plausible fact. However much you might dearly wish to believe it all just bogus "conspiracy theory".
  • Options
    What am I accepting?

Please reread the sentence, mig. I didn't say you were "accepting" anything. I said "However much the complicit sanitised mainstream media would have you accept it."

Although, the fact that you argued a distinction between "terrorism" and "collateral damage" does make me wonder whether you might well have accepted such false distinctions.
  • Options
    Please reread the sentence, mig. I didn't say you were "accepting" anything. I said "However much the complicit sanitised mainstream media would have YOU accept it."

Although, the fact that you argued a distinction between "terrorism" and "collateral damage" does make me wonder whether you might well have accepted such false distinctions.

I did read it right. But obviously you mean you as a generalisation.

And you may think what you want about whether i accept it or not.
  • Options
    Firstly I havent the faintest clue as to what "teachings" you have recommended. Looking through this entire thread I see no link nor reference to any specific teachings. Seems a complete nonsequitor to the issue frankly.

Not this thread, dude. It's was a while ago.

Which was kind of my point at the time.

At the heart of this entire "conflict" are two main groups. The neo-cons and radical islamists. Both ideals were born out of the failure of liberal ideal to create a "better world" for us all. In part their view were the result of WW2.

The neo-cons you are focussed on, including the lead taken by Leo Strauss, and I have never disputed their existence or the fact that they use "terrorism" to further their own aim. I am more than aware that they inflate the risks to us all in order to gain control over the way we live our lives. Fear is, of course, the most insidious weapon available because it traps people inside their own heads, there is no escape - no safe place. That doesn't mean that there is no risk at all, or that events like those in Yemen, New York (1993) and then again in 2001/Pentagon, London, Bali and Madrid are actions perpetrated by this group.

The part which you ignore, is the role which is played by radical islamists. I refer to the teachings of Sayyid Qutb because they are one of the pieces of the puzzle which you have missed. I'm including a link to give you a starting point on his views. Clicky.
    Safe to say I have sufficient capacity to connect the dots of the long and consistent modus operandi of my government's (and military/intelligence establishment's) foreign practices

By what you do is only join the dots which create the picture which you have already drawn for yourself. That is the problem here. You have to follow the numbers in sequence.
    However much you might dearly wish to believe it all just bogus "conspiracy theory".

The bogus nature is that everything that happens seems to be part of your theory which only has one agenda. What I am arguing is that there are two agendas, both using the other as a recruitment tool.

We aren't in the midst of a "War of Terrorism" as both of our Govternments would like us to believe. We are actually in the midst of the latest "War of Ideals".