Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

zarqawi is dead! who will the americans blame next?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    when the news said
    'ths developments has boosted hopes the violence will come to an end'

if some group were to assasinate our pm, as nice as it maybe to see blair out of office, its murder which is downright wrong and illegitamate way of doing things, and guess what, we'd replace him with someone more aggressive most probably thus not stopping the violence

violence only stops violence when you kill every last 1 of the opposite side whose willing to die
  • Options
    Really Clan, no one keeps some long record of your or other people's opinions in their head, or should ever need to. So if your gonna point to evident - link to it and yes please, answer the question, because you seem to be claiming -

The UK and US forces are responsible for the kidnappings and killings in Iraq of aid workers.

I seriously think you need to answer that question if you want to be taken seriously as someone who is interested in being involved in discussion or debate.

Feel free to use as many words as possible afterwards, but if you could start the reply with either yes or no it'd help this thread move forward.
  • Options
    And once again, I think most people are able to post with putting in snide asides and insults in their replies - the minority that can't should remember that personal insults aren't allowed and make you look like a fucking fool when everyone else has the courage to not fall to that level.
  • Options
    Jim, The links to reports are clearly posted in my replies. The answer to the question - as per this body of investigatory material and the further decades-spanning precedents mentioned - is yes, UK and US covert operatives (special forces and intelligence agents) are the more plausible and apparent boogeymen behind the spates of kidnappings and car bombings.

The psy op value of these acts - easily and anonymously attributed to those fighting continued coalition presence (aka "the enemy", "the insurgents" and of course "the terrorists" interchangeably to fit the whim of the "official spokesperson" of the moment) - and the political capital sought by our military establishments in securing public support for a continued presence and exercise of force in the region, are a well established tactic. The OSP and DIA in the US were established most specifically to design such propagandistic media smokescreens (not to mention a legacy of such false flag initiatives by the CIA and its partner agencies themselves around the globe).

I do appreciate once again your comments concerning derision, but would remind you that I respond in the tone with which I addressed. If my detractors wish simple debate, let them present their case without the intellectually feeble "conspiracy theory" dodging of documented facts.
  • Options
    Brilliant news... the war on terror will be won eventually.
  • Options
    You can't win the war on terror - it's an abstract term - it'd be like winning the war on silliness

You could win the war on Iraqi insurgents
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    You can't win the war on terror - it's an abstract term - it'd be like winning the war on silliness

You could win the war on Iraqi insurgents
    I'll use that term then.

Bin laden next boys!
  • Options
    Not unless US/UK forces are prepared to commit genocide I'm afraid. The opposition to continued coalition presence in the country has long reach significant majority percentages despite the wishful mainstream media suggestions to the contrary.

The number of attacks per day upon occupation forces itself is grossly underreported.

Dream on Luke, you are chasing phantoms.
  • Options
    Not unless US/UK forces are prepared to commit genocide I'm afraid. The opposition to continued coalition presence in the country has long reach significant majority percentages despite the wishful mainstream media suggestions to the contrary.

The number of attacks per day upon occupation forces itself is grossly underreported.
    Stop bloody complaining and get behinde our boys you wimp!
  • Options
    Sorry son, unlike you I do not support illegal war of aggression and illegal occupation and the atrocities that it continues to perpetrate on that country.

Try having the guts to stand up against documented expansionistic warfare before daring to call anyone a wimp. Such silly comments only emphasize how surface your understanding of the situation truly is.
  • Options
    Sorry son, unlike you I do not support illegal war of aggression and illegal occupation and the atrocities that it continues to perpetrate on that country.

Try having the guts to stand up against documented expansionistic warfare before daring to call anyone a wimp. Such silly comments only emphasize how surface your understanding of the situation truly is.
    It wasn't suspoed to be an indepth sentence with lots of meaning.

I have chosen to support this war on terror because I don't want Islamic terrorism or any other kind of terrorism cripling the world. I believe a strong and UNITED front against this ideology will combat it, just like the facists in the 30's and 40's.
  • Options
    Unfortunately for you my boy, those akin to the fascists of the 30's and 40's are safely installed and actively plying their criminality at the hearts of our own governments. They are the only terrorists with which you should be concerned since they are ones authorising the slaughter and abuse of countless innocents abroad as well as the dismantling of civil liberties right here at home.

Shake off your youthful naivete and open your eyes to reality for a change.
  • Options
    Unfortunately for you my boy, those akin to the fascists of the 30's and 40's are safely installed and actively plying their criminality at the hearts of our own governments. They are the only terrorists with which you should be concerned since they are ones authorising the slaughter and abuse of countless innocents abroad as well as the dismantling of civil liberties right here at home.

Shake off your youthful naivete and open your eyes to reality for a change.
    Yes yes yes we are the terrorists not those who hold murderous resgimes accross the middle east, africa and asia.

Just put it this way, I'd rather live in this country, the US or western europe any day before any islamic, african or asian country!
  • Options
    Complete exaggeration of my point, as expected from one who demonstrates how little he truly understands of the political dynamics in operation since the fraudulent "WoT" began (and in fact for some considerable time prior).

Couple the first with a stock in trade media indoctrinated soundbite about where you'd prefer to live (which offers you even less safety from the incrementally unfolding agenda of the real terrorists in power today) and once again you show yourself wanting on any intellectual level.

Thanks for playing dear boy, now back to tabloids you go!
  • Options
    I've fugured out what it is Clan, it's the use of 'my boy' given the website encourages young people to contribute, learn and be involved, to use a term that defines people by age just seems a bit out of place (I'm assuming you don't mean to use it in the racist sense).

Don't want to sound like I'm censoring how you debate but I think it'd be best if you don't call people 'boy'

cheers
  • Options
    Yes you have a point again Jim. One simply becomes completely frustrated with wanton and adamant gullibility in some of the younger posters. In fairness to the other youngins who do regularly demonstrate a capacity for intellectual enquiry and discernment, I shall refrain from the agist references.
  • Options
    Yes you have a point again Jim. One simply becomes completely frustrated with wanton and adamant gullibility in some of the younger posters. In fairness to the other youngins who do regularly demonstrate a capacity for intellectual enquiry and discernment, I shall refrain from the agist references.
    You've been on this earth more than twice as long as I have, give me a chance, and that doesn't mean agreeing with you either.
  • Options

Terrorism has got one purpose. TO incite fear and terror into people.
    What the UK and US governments might or might not be doing ( and I can't confirm any of that without unbiased and verified evdience), is not terrorism. You can call it systematic reconstruction of countries or whatever you want but not terrorism. I sometimes think that most of the commanders in the US and UK ranks have the Oaedipus complex!!

Again terrorism is visible, what the US and UK governments might be doing is not visible.
    luke88 wrote:
    I have chosen to support this war on terror because I don't want Islamic terrorism or any other kind of terrorism cripling the world. I believe a strong and UNITED front against this ideology will combat it, just like the facists in the 30's and 40's.

It pisses me off something big when people use the term Islamic Terrorism!!
    The people that are the terrorists are Islamic fundamentalists and please do not do what the Media does and single out every Muslim as a terrorist or a potential terrorist. Zarqawi was a fundamentalist and even though his death won't mean much in real terms, it's a token killing.
    luke88 wrote:
    Just put it this way, I'd rather live in this country, the US or western europe any day before any islamic, african or asian country!

Why is that?
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    It pisses me off something big when people use the term Islamic Terrorism!!
    The people that are the terrorists are Islamic fundamentalists and please do not do what the Media does and single out every Muslim as a terrorist or a potential terrorist. Zarqawi was a fundamentalist and even though his death won't mean much in real terms, it's a token killing.
    He uses Islam to justifuy himself as well as the rest of the terrioist organisation but I don't see muslims subjecting them selves against this do you?
    migpilot wrote:

Why is that?
    I meant their resgimes.
  • Options
    clandestine yorue an idiot.

you make yourself sound like an older person, hence, as you imply, you ave more expereinced regarding media, govt, etc, and see the truth. and then you get so frustrated when someone, as you impy, much younger than you havent got to the point, as you imply, of your intelligence or whatever. you bully youre views into those whom you think is younger than you. and when they behave their age, you reply in the same manner. youre a worm that would revert to turd when faced by a turd. and then you would blame the other person that you reverted into a turd.

youre really just a coward to be honest.
  • Options
    Iron Nic wrote:

you make yourself sound like an older person, hence, as you imply, you ave more expereinced regarding media, govt, etc, and see the truth. and then you get so frustrated when someone, as you impy, much younger than you havent got to the point, as you imply, of your intelligence or whatever. you bully youre views into those whom you think is younger than you. and when they behave their age, you reply in the same manner. youre a worm that would revert to turd when faced by a turd. and then you would blame the other person that you reverted into a turd.

Too right. I've known all along he is anyway to be honest.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    He uses Islam to justifuy himself as well as the rest of the terrioist organisation but I don't see muslims subjecting them selves against this do you?

You must not know any muslim people then. I know quite a few. Most of the ones I know are sick of having to justify themselves, they see it as a pointless exercize because of mostly the media and the way they are portrayed.

So what if the terrorists use Islam to justify themselves? Their version of the Quran is a perverted one and an extreme one. Does that mean that Islam is bad. No, it doesn't.

I meant their resgimes.

I'll put that down to lack of research.
    There are some perfectly good regimes in Asia and Africa. Also, not all Asian countries are Islamic.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    You must not know any muslim people then. I know quite a few. Most of the ones I know are sick of having to justify themselves, they see it as a pointless exercize because of mostly the media and the way they are portrayed.

So what if the terrorists use Islam to justify themselves? Their version of the Quran is a perverted one and an extreme one. Does that mean that Islam is bad. No, it doesn't.
    Of course I don't think islam is bad. I just don't think muslims on the whole attempt to brake them selves away from the extremists enough.

Look at the 7/7 attacks... not much condeming there..... the Mohammah pictures... you had them on the streets chanting at something which didn't even happen in this country and recently we had yet more muslims complaining that our police are trying to protect everyone against terrorism then we had a RESPECT councillor suggesting muslims don't go to the police over terroism.
  • Options
    Iron Nic wrote:

Your going to get banned if you choose to ignore advice on not using personal insults.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    I'll use that term then.

Bin laden next boys!
    No. Mass murdering war criminals Bush and Blair next, boys!
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Too right. I've known all along he is anyway to be honest.
    cool.

back to the thread...

i have a feeling that there will be a backlash for the killing of zarqawi. perhaps there could be a retaliation in the west?

does anyone else thinks this or aint zarqawi that significant of a figure?

i know he and his group is just one of many, but for a long time he personified the insurgency.
  • Options
    Luke, I agree with Migpilot, all the muslims I know really condemn the actions of extremists, not to mention the many Muslim organisations that do the same. If you don't see that at all then you're either not looking properly or it's not being put into what your reading.

Not that all Muslims condemn the attacks, but the the overwhelming majority seem to? Presumably you don't believe all Irish people back the Real IRA?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    No. Mass murdering war criminals Bush and Blair next, boys!
    In your dreams.
  • Options
    "Yes you have a point again Jim. One simply becomes completely frustrated with wanton and adamant gullibility in some of the younger posters. In fairness to the other youngins who do regularly demonstrate a capacity for intellectual enquiry and discernment, I shall refrain from the agist references."

whatever sirdee sir sir sir
  • Options
    Taking a page out of the disillusioned book of inane insults I see Nic. Bravo!

In point of fact, however, I have implied nothing but stated quite plainly, and with far more substantive evidentiary material than any of my intellectually non-critical detractors so far, the gullibility of certain posters here.

Your little tirade of insults cannot be so redeemed for its utter lack of any relation to the actual issue under debate.

Thanks for playing, next contestant please!

As for you Luke, its clear that you have not advanced the slightest in intellectual capacity since your previous incarnation on these boards. I remember well what a mockery you made of yourself then as well. Some things never change. :lol: