Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

desperate housewives

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote:
    I thought the Sopranos was pretty weak this year - nice show but ya' know, just fucking end it already

Hmm, yeah, there's a lot to be said for quitting while you're ahead to maintain the quality but... they could make it forever and I'm sure I'd still watch it.

Now I'm getting all excited for the new series of Deadwood. Only a month and a bit to go :hyper:

I used to love Teri Hatchetface as Lois Lane... now she is uncool.
  • Options
    I'm more excited about the new series of The Wire - though the finale of the first season of Deadwood still remains one of my favourite episodes of all time ('Go back to New York and tell your damn lies to anyone who'll fucking listen!')

I don't think I'm helped by having done my dissertation for the masters on the Sopranos (Mental health in Television - Sopranos vs Our Friends in the North) - I must have watched the first season sixty times!

It just always feels like a great acted show that doesn't really have a strong sense of direction or purpose after the death of the actress playing the mother in the second season. Since then it's just been - here's the new bastard who will piss Tony about, oh wait they cut off his head.

Like Ray Liotta said when was offered a part -
    'Are you ever going to really challenge Tony's position in the show?'
    'No'
    'Well fuck off then'
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    I'm more excited about the new series of The Wire

Oooh, on FX? I've just been getting back into it via 3am viewings... :thumb:
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Like Ray Liotta said when was offered a part -
    'Are you ever going to really challenge Tony's position in the show?'
    'No'
    'Well fuck off then'

:lol:

Fair play to him!
  • Options
    Think The Wire is HBO in the states - certain of it actually; it's just that FX bought the UK broadcast rights - the true successor to Homicide
  • Options
    I'm really bored with DH too. Its maybe near the end of 2nd series here.

Totally agree with the Teri Hatcher thingee. Golly. It bores me now.
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Teri Hatcher's 'acting' is painful! I don't find it funny at all.
    Marcia Cross was great in the first season, I found. Actually, I liked most about it (except Susan) so I was thoroughly disappointed with the second one. I just don't care about what happens anymore. It still has some comedic value but I find that I forget what's happened by the time I wake up the day after watching it.

I am starting to like miniseries more and more now. Series that can stand alone and have a proper ending. I'm so tired of series that go way past their expiry date.