Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The ultimate feck up! you will be shocked!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She said she went for the banter, I take that to mean she went for the experience of going to uni and all of the things that entails, which is a bloody good reason I think. You are only young and free of responsibilities once after all.

I can't understand why people are bitching because someone decided to go into higher education for the experience. :confused:

You're my hero! Thank you please!!

Yes, I'm at uni for the banter. Ie.

I'm at uni because I'm studying something that I love.
    I'm at uni because I get to meet so many different people.
    I'm at uni because I can really enjoy myself partaying.
    I'm at uni because I get to live in a great city.

I'm at uni because it opens up the options that I didn't have before.

Yes.
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    I'm only at uni for the banter. I didn't have any other option. I'd be bored as hell in a stupid crapass job, so I figured I'd so something I'd enjoy while I was earning.
    I'm far from rich enough to go travelling anywhere. That's for after uni.

PS. I mentioned banter before options :p
  • Options
    If you are wanting to do a GAP year but cannot afford to go abroad the whole time then you could consider working for half then going away.

Obviously not every is able to do this but I lived at home for the first six months of my GAP year (rent free) and worked full time in a chemistry lab (so relevant experience for my career) and saved a high percentage of my earnings before going away for the second half. Also remember that if you do voluntry work you can often get your food and accomodation paid for by the project you are helping. And living costs are a lot lower in many places than here.

It might seem obvious but I was dead against doing a GAP year until I realised I could do a 6 month placement and that I could save up by working after doing my A-levels.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    If you are wanting to do a GAP year but cannot afford to go abroad the whole time then you could consider working for half then going away.

Obviously not every is able to do this but I lived at home for the first six months of my GAP year (rent free) and worked full time in a chemistry lab (so relevant experience for my career) and saved a high percentage of my earnings before going away for the second half. Also remember that if you do voluntry work you can often get your food and accomodation paid for by the project you are helping. And living costs are a lot lower in many places than here.

It might seem obvious but I was dead against doing a GAP year until I realised I could do a 6 month placement and that I could save up by working after doing my A-levels.

Yeah, everyone thinks they need to have the money straight away, I worked in a soap factory *shudders* but it pay'd well, so it was worth it :thumb: