Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Watford in the Premiership????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
now that Arsenal have enivitably lost their champions league game, its time to think about the more important fixture. "The mighty Leeds" are only one game away from missing their chance to be back in the big time, and im sure Bates willl relish the £30m.

Who remembers these scenes 7 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q2Y-EFXfoE

i certainly do.

Come on you 'orns
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I am quietly hopefully Leeds will succeed. Throughout the season we've made good progress and I think we're ready to hit the Premiership again.
  • Options
    2 goals in the last 11 league games (correct me if im wrong) suggests otherwise.

What ever happens, it could go either way and will be unlucky for the loosing team. I think leeds are expecting to win being the bigger club, having the right to be in the premierleague etc etc. which will make it even sweeter when Leeds are stung by Marlon King and Ashley Young
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    2 goals in the last 11 league games (correct me if im wrong) suggests otherwise.

What ever happens, it could go either way and will be unlucky for the loosing team. I think leeds are expecting to win being the bigger club, having the right to be in the premierleague etc etc. which will make it even sweeter when Leeds are stung by Marlon King and Ashley Young
    7 in 11 games overall.

I don't think Leeds 'believe' they will win, our expectations overall are probably quite low, and most fans this year would have settled for getting in the Play-off's at the start of the year - never mind getting through to the final.
  • Options
    Come on Leeds!

Or more importantly, come on Barnsley!! Wooo!!
  • Options
    Come on Leeds!

I genuinely could not believe Barnsley beat Huddersfield, wish them all the best for their final too.
  • Options
    any fan that says their team deserves anything, if speaking out of their ass

since points mean prizes, and places in this case (of football), then if you dont get the points, you dont deserve feck all
  • Options
    Either way, I can only see the team being in the Premier League for a single season...
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    now that Arsenal have enivitably lost their champions league game, its time to think about the more important fixture. "The mighty Leeds" are only one game away from missing their chance to be back in the big time, and im sure Bates willl relish the £30m.

Who remembers these scenes 7 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q2Y-EFXfoE

i certainly do.

Come on you 'orns

See you've forgotten the rules of any forum I moderate -

1. We do not mention Bolton going down to the fourth division in 1987
    2. We do not link to videos of Bolton getting twatted
    3. We do not talk about Fight Club

But good luck anyway
  • Options
    According to www.googlefight.com Leeds will go up...
  • Options
    i personally feel watford are gonna win this, which wouldnt bother me, not too bothered if leeds go up either, just glad Preston Nob End aint going.
  • Options
    I certainly don't think Leeds expect to win, from a fans point of view I certainly don't. I think we have a chance of winning, lets say 50/50 but certainly don't think we deserve to be in Premier just cos we're Leeds Utd. I think if we win the final we have certainly deserved to be back in the Premier because we've being pretty solid all season.

Another fact for you olaola if thats how we want to judge the who will win the final - out of the teams that finished in the top 6, this season Leeds only lost 2 out of the 10 games, 1 of them being against Preston on the last day of the season when we rested 8 1st teamers. Watford winning?? This certainly suggests otherwise :p

Finals don't get won on facts, figures etc. They get won on the day by hunger, fight, quality on the day and a little bit of luck. This final is no foregone conclusion either way, think either team could win, but obviously hope Leeds do.

Booked monday off work anyway so its either getting arseholed celebrating or drowning my sorrows, so hope am celebrating.

I think Leeds could honestly stay up if we did make it into the Premier next year. Uncle Ken will make money available to strengthen and hopefully blackwell can bring in the right players to keep us up.

Got to win the final first though.

MARCHING ON TOGETHER
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    According to www.googlefight.com Leeds will go up...

look again.

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=wfc&word2=lufc

easy! easy! easy!
  • Options
    watfords strip reminds me of the new colour yellow and red uniform for dhl drivers
  • Options
    olaola wrote:

I did it slightly different - I put in Leeds and Watford not LUFC & WFC...
  • Options
    Come on Leeds!

Second the above, and even more importantly - COME ON GRIMSBY!!!

Up the Mariners :)
  • Options
    It pains me to have to say this, but I hope Elton's girls stuff the fuck out of the white shite from east of Pudsey. 4-0 to Watford will do nicely.

Barnsley beating the TB cunts was a delight to see too.
  • Options
    Me and my Dad (he's a Barnsley lad) will be glued to the TV for the Barnsley game. And probably the Leeds game too.

Can't wait!!!
  • Options
    Leeds were fucking shite today.

Well played Watford.
  • Options
    I'm still gutted though. Got dressed (on a Sunday!!) and went to the pub especially for it too. Grrrrr.
  • Options
    Hope Watford do well next season. :thumb:

Good season for the south east then with 2 teams gaining promotion to the premiership.
  • Options
    yay for premiership watford
  • Options
    Probably going to go back down again...
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    yay for premiership watford

Yeah is exciting :hyper: . Come on St Albans you can get there too :p
  • Options
    Yeah is exciting :hyper: . Come on St Albans you can get there too :p

ooh go you nationwide conference boys!
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    ooh go you nationwide conference boys!

That's ma boys :D lol
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    4-0 to Watford will do nicely.

What about 3-0?
  • Options
    words cannot describe the weekend ive just have, excellent match and an excellent city for nightlife and everything else. Hard on the wallet, but who cares. And to think, i could well be at Leeds uni next year, arn't i going to be popular!

Excellent peformance from the Hornet boys today, oh and good luck Leeds for next season.
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    words cannot describe the weekend ive just have, excellent match and an excellent city for nightlife and everything else. Hard on the wallet, but who cares. And to think, i could well be at Leeds uni next year, arn't i going to be popular!

Excellent peformance from the Hornet boys today, oh and good luck Leeds for next season.

just to make sure you realise, leeds are not in the premiership next year
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    just to make sure you realise, leeds are not in the premiership next year

if it werent already clear, good luck Leeds in the championship. thats right CHAMPIONSHIP. :yum: because you were unable to get promoted to the PREMIERSHIP. heheh :lol:
  • Options
    Well done Hornets. (Or the New Brazil as my mate calls 'em)
    :)