Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Come on Arsenal!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I know it aint till Wednesday but i can't wait!! Big night planned!!

Hehe this will get you in the mood :p

Were on our way!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    For purely spite reasons, this week I am a Barcelona fan.

Whilst it's always nice to see an English team win a European Trophy, I really don't want to see the smug git of an Arsenal manager getting his hands on it.
  • Options
    I really want Arsenal to win, good luck to them.
    I'm expecting an excellent final from 2 excellent attacking teams. Hopefully have a final as entertaining as last years.
  • Options
    Whilst it's always nice to see an English team win a European Trophy

English team? :confused: Could have fooled me.

attacking teams

Barcelona, yes. Arsenal have played some of the most defensive Liverpoolesque football I've seen in the Champions League. It did work for the dippers I suppose though. Hopefully Barca score first and force Arsenal to play.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    English team? :confused: Could have fooled me.

Well yeah .. we generally call teams that play in England ... English :p

Wahey this should cause an argument or two ... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I was joking. Clearly. :p
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I was joking. Clearly. :p

:D your a good man :thumb:
  • Options
    I know that. :D
  • Options
    Lets not support Arsenal, for one, I hate the cunts. Secondly, I'm not English so it's not one of those "lets rally around your countries team" and thirdly, my dad also has a £50 5-1 wager on Barca to win. Would be gutted if they lost like!
  • Options
    Whilst it's always nice to see an English team win a European Trophy, I really don't want to see the smug git of an Arsenal manager getting his hands on it.

Did you not say Wenger was your first choice for England boss? How would that have worked then?
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Did you not say Wenger was your first choice for England boss? How would that have worked then?

What's wrong with that?

For instance I hate Mourinho but I wouldn't have to think twice about taking him for the Northern Ireland job, haha.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:

I don't like the guy but I respect him as a coach.

I'd hate to work for Fergie, but the guy is a genius.

It's about separating the individual from the job they do.
  • Options
    Fair enough, but I don't think Wenger is any more smug than Mourinho or Fergie IMO.

I'd like to see Arsenal win to be honest, I think when you actually look back to what Arsenal were 10 years ago and what they are now then it'd be fitting reward for what Wenger did. I think if anything they've had amazingly bad luck when it came to the crunch (could and should have won the double in 99 and then the UEFA final in 2000), so fingers crossed IMO.
  • Options
    I think I'm kinda neutral in this game tbh. I think I'd like to see the Arse win, purely because it would mean Celtic need to go through a CL qualifier.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Barcelona, yes. Arsenal have played some of the most defensive Liverpoolesque football I've seen in the Champions League. It did work for the dippers I suppose though. Hopefully Barca score first and force Arsenal to play.
    From what I've seen of Arsenal in this Champions League campaign they have played how they've had to play. When you take 1-0 leads back to your home leg any team would be stupid to go all out attack, especially against the likes of Real Madrid. Arsenal absolutely destroyed Madrid on their home turf.

This is a 1 leg Final, I doubt Arsenal will be going out looking to win on penalties from the start. If they do not only will they lose they will get pumped and it would be as crap as watching the FA cup final last year (but I think Barcelona will manage to score). I'm expecting 2 VERY attacking teams come out looking for the win and hopefully an early goal for either side will set the tempo, then I'm hoping Henry lifts the trophy.
  • Options
    Come on BARCA!!!!!

Ideal result... Barca to win, Henry to walk past Wenger and sign his new Barcalona contract in front of all the Arsenal fans! OOOOO that would make me laugh!!! :D

COME ON BARCA!!!
  • Options
    I hope to see an attacking masterclass from Barca. There's a team who will attack, always. Their fans/players/manager wouldn't have it any other way.

Going 1-0 to a second leg with Villareal, Barca wouldn't play a 4-6-0 formation. They wouldn't want to just hold out and let their goal get pummeled for 90 minutes. I can respect them for that, and that's why I want them to lift the trophy, plus the fact Ronaldinho deserves to be remembered as one of the greatest players of all time, and this would go some way to cementing that.
  • Options
    I don't mind Arsenal winning if they play well.
    However, lucky, lucky Arsenal shows it's face too many times....

Barcelona are the stronger attacking side but they've got a problem with Valdes, that keeper is just dodgy!!
    Eto'o and Ronaldinho up front, Deco behind them, awesome....
    Campbell won't be able to handle the speed of Eto'o.

Arsenal's only chance is to score first!!
    Good luck to them both.
  • Options
    Oh lordy. Im getting nervous now. Can't wait though. Big night planned. Drinking to commence later this afternoon :D
  • Options
    4 hours and counting. Time to get the first beer :D
  • Options
    im gonna have a few jars for this tonight, last year ended up getting hammered and not going into work, so im planning the same again.

one of the sly bastard arsenal fans from here has bunked off work and gone paris, got his bird to ring in sick for him, but we know where he is really.
  • Options
    Come Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Arsenal have played some of the most defensive Liverpoolesque football I've seen in the Champions League.

Ah yes, I distinctly remember Arsenal sitting in their own half for the whole game against Juventus at Highbury.

As for Barca always attacking, its a little bit of a myth really. They defend when they have to, which is the key to a winning team.

As keegan showed so well, you don't win matches by scoring loads of goals, you win them by not conceding loads of goals.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Ah yes, I distinctly remember Arsenal sitting in their own half for the whole game against Juventus at Highbury.

I'm referring more to not registering a single chance in a whole semi-final leg against Villareal.

As for Barca always attacking, its a little bit of a myth really. They defend when they have to, which is the key to a winning team.

They're the most attack minded team of all the best clubs in Europe. Of course they defend when they have to, but they won't camp in their own half and let themselves get totally battered. They're above that.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I'm referring more to not registering a single chance in a whole semi-final leg against Villareal.

And Villarreal did the same thing at Highbury.

C'est la vie.
  • Options
    What a fucking shocking decision that was. Absolute clown of a referee.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    1-0. Sol Campbell header!
  • Options
    What a fucking shocking decision that was. Absolute clown of a referee.

Two terrible decisions. First one was a goal and no sending off, the second should have been Eboue's second yellow card - talk about blatant dive...

Ooooh, good save onto the post there...
  • Options
    Two terrible decisions. First one was a goal and no sending off, the second should have been Eboue's second yellow card - talk about blatant dive...

Ooooh, good save onto the post there...

Maybe in this situation two wrongs do make a right.
  • Options
    No chance, it should be Barca 1-0.

Perhaps you should look at the start of this thread to see my perspective ;)
  • Options
    So the ref is an arsenal fan then?