Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

girl who got pregnant at 11

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't agree that it should just the the boy in trouble tbh. It takes two...
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    I don't agree that it should just the the boy in trouble tbh. It takes two...
    Trouble is, what do you do about the girl? Take her away from her parents? Put her kid up for adoption? That could make a dreadful situation even worse. I'm struggling with this one.
  • Options
    I don't think personally that the boy should be done, yes they are underage but i think there are maybe better ways of dealing with it. Like maybe making him deal with the child too...
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    I don't think personally that the boy should be done, yes they are underage but i think there are maybe better ways of dealing with it. Like maybe making him deal with the child too...
    You mean making him face up to his responsibility? On second thoughts, that might be a preferrable option. But will it happen in a culture where personal responsibility is increasingly an alien concept? Don't bank on it.
  • Options
    Yes him face up to his responsiblitys. No i know its not an ideal world but if you can make it work i think people should at least try. I don't think by punishing him by getting a black mark against him is gonna do anything to make him any different.
  • Options
    I don't get the 'nothing else to do' thing.

It is constantly trotted out that kids do bad things because they 'have nothing else to do' but do they really have less to do than other kids who don't get into trouble? Or kids in times gone by (rather the opposite I would have thought).

Rather I think it is beacsue they are bought up in such a way so that they don't enjoy and have no interest in the other things there are to do, which is rather different........
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    I don't get the 'nothing else to do' thing.

It is constantly trotted out that kids do bad things because they 'have nothing else to do' but do they really have less to do than other kids who don't get into trouble? Or kids in times gone by (rather the opposite I would have thought).

Rather I think it is beacsue they are bought up in such a way so that they don't enjoy and have no interest in the other things there are to do, which is rather different........
    It's not so much that they have nothing else to do, rather they have nothing to lose from getting pregnant. It's the same with criminals, and prison being a deterrent (i.e. it's not if you've got nothing to lose). A middle class kid who's really intelligent and who's parents have spent a fortune sending them to private school and the like (not to get too stereotypical :p) will lose a lot of the opportunities they have in life by getting pregnant, so they will be shit scared of doing so. A working class kid who doesn't have any grand plans in life will not.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Trouble is, what do you do about the girl? Take her away from her parents? Put her kid up for adoption? That could make a dreadful situation even worse. I'm struggling with this one.

sterilize her, and make sure her genes do not spread and dilye the goodness we have left in our council estates
  • Options
    What a stupid girl.

They don't need yet more education. Most of us get enough sex education and it's perfectly simple to understand that in order to prevent pregnancy you wear a condom, take the pill etc.
    It isn't rocket science.

Furthermore, if you happen to be having sex while drunk, not putting a condom on then I have no sympathy with you either.

Many girls simply have a baby because it is the easiest option in life. It is what happens around many areas including mine. Girls have children to prevent them selves entering the real world. This is due to bad parenting; however, parents can't be completely blamed.
    The benefit system doesn't help either.

Getting pregnant at such a young age should be discouraged so much. This can be helped by giving it an negative image from the start... i.e. school and from parents and society should look down on it. The government can help too by making benefits as limited as possible.

These measures would make them think again!
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Many girls simply have a baby because it is the easiest option in life. It is what happens around many areas including mine. Girls have children to prevent them selves entering the real world.
    Okay, so you're saying that women that become mothers don't live in the real world, that babies are brought up in some sort of bubble? Well done, you've just managed to insult mothers everywhere.
  • Options
    Many girls simply have a baby because it is the easiest option in life. It is what happens around many areas including mine. Girls have children to prevent them selves entering the real world. This is due to bad parenting; however, parents can't be completely blamed.

i keep on hearing similar things like that being bandied about the place

i thnk its a load of dogshite, girls like the one in question/discussion about, get pregnant because they fuck when drunk and without protection, if they really wanted to consciously make a decision about avoiding the real world, they'd have sober sex

and being totally truthful here, the biggest shock and easiest way into the real world, is by having a baby
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Okay, so you're saying that women that become mothers don't live in the real world, that babies are brought up in some sort of bubble? Well done, you've just managed to insult mothers everywhere.
    No I'm not saying that at all. I said MANY girls particularly many girls on council estates or deprived areas.

They have babies at young ages, then their children do... it's a cycle.

The current system doesn’t do anything to stop this as I believe it’s unhealthy.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    i keep on hearing similar things like that being bandied about the place

i thnk its a load of dogshite, girls like the one in question/discussion about, get pregnant because they fuck when drunk and without protection, if they really wanted to consciously make a decision about avoiding the real world, they'd have sober sex

and being totally truthful here, the biggest shock and easiest way into the real world, is by having a baby

:yes:
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Many girls simply have a baby because it is the easiest option in life.

:lol: You are having a laugh right?!!!
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    No I'm not saying that at all. I said MANY girls particularly many girls on council estates or deprived areas. They have babies at young ages, then their children do... it's a cycle. The current system doesn’t do anything to stop this as I believe it’s unhealthy.
    There may be some truth in the cycle theory here. The question that needs addressing: how do you persuade teenagers not to have kids? Or maybe: how do you persuade teenagers not to have sex?
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    :lol: You are having a laugh right?!!!
    I seriously am not.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    I seriously am not.

Then you have NO IDEA how hard it is bringing up a child.
    Yeah it really easy :rolleyes:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    There may be some truth in the cycle theory here. The question that needs addressing: how do you persuade teenagers not to have kids? Or maybe: how do you persuade teenagers not to have sex?
    those baby things that they hand out that act like real babies (one of my friends had one cause she's been wanting one since she was 12, now it looks like she could be pregnant) they usually work....
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Teenagers can have sex, that is perfectly fine and that’s how we discover our selves. It is a normal thing to do. However some sense of responsibility needs to be made.

The cycle needs to be broken down by society giving teenagers who have kids the thumbs down, not all the help in the world etc., make it so hard it puts off the next generation.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    : how do you persuade teenagers not to have sex?
    By encouraging a culture where education is valued, where children believe they can do something with their lives. By giving them ambition.

Ambition is the best contraceptive :yes:
  • Options
    By encouraging a culture where education is valued, where children believe they can do something with their lives. By giving them ambition.

Ambition is the best contraceptive :yes:

This country got a lot of work to do then...
  • Options
    which means by not giving the help needed, not only is it going to put off the next generation, we are also going to have a worse generation of asbo kids and council estate hell holes than we currently do

what you suggest is just fighting the symptoms, we still need to fight the cause, basic prevention is better than a cure for current problems, and i think it can be solved quicker and easier

and in the past people have a habit of sticking two fingers up to any kind of suggestions that make it harder for them
  • Options
    This country got a lot of work to do then...
    Do they do things differently in France?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Do they do things differently in France?

Yes, but I still prefer this country tbh... to start with in France you can have sex and leave home when you are 18 and not 16 like here... and I think the morals are not the same either... but France is mpore racist and more close minded than here tho... I always find that a combo of both country would make a nice one... but well, I don't believe any country is perfect in all aspect...
  • Options
    well the fact is, a lot of young girls WANT to have babies young. There were girls at my school who were TRYING to get pregnant at 14/15. They had no ambition for themselves.
    I know a girl now whos 16 and wants a baby.
    If they have no role models with careers, then what would make them want any different for themselves?
  • Options
    Yes, but I still prefer this country tbh... to start with in France you can have sex and leave home when you are 18 and not 16 like here... and I think the morals are not the same either... but France is mpore racist and more close minded than here tho... I always find that a combo of both country would make a nice one... but well, I don't believe any country is perfect in all aspect...

thats the one and only single thing i dont like about france in general

ahlf the people are so open minded and cool about everything and anything, the other half are the most closed minded and racist people i have ever met, and more than enough make up for the nice half

no offence intended towards you NMM
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

ahlf the people are so open minded and cool about everything and anything, the other half are the most closed minded and racist people i have ever met, and more than enough make up for the nice half

I like some aspects about France, and the French people. France, as a nation, looks after its own. Their government would never be able to get away with losing control of our borders. Their government would not be able to get away with not knowing how many illegal immigrants are in the country. There would be mass protests, not the small whimper we get here. But I digress.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

No offense taken man, I know that, that's why I am not keen on going back there... you can cut the rascism tension with a knife is plenty of place in France...
  • Options
    guess with her being pregnant at 11 she should still be able to do her gcses!
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I like some aspects about France, and the French people. France, as a nation, looks after its own. Their government would never be able to get away with losing control of our borders. Their government would not be able to get away with not knowing how many illegal immigrants are in the country. There would be mass protests, not the small whimper we get here. But I digress.

france has a problem like anywhere else in working out who resides in their nation

lets not forget hey have more generous benefits than us to sponge off :lol:

the reason this country has people coming here, is because we spread word of our 'freedom' (whatever that is when you can be guilty without trial now) and we have jobs in this country which natives dont want - this means we get a mix of people escaping persecution and those seeking work

asylum seekers (the group escaping persecution in the process of finding out whether their claims are true) aren't allowed to work legally, so you'd wonder why they're called spongers...... and if they found work they's be called criminals, frankly id rather be a sponger than a criminal