Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is Islam evil?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    now, you get it, i hope i could get all these source to you if i run some chinese news media. i read newspaper, online, i came across these issue sometimes, but never save to my disk to prepare for you. but it's undeniable truth, you can find it in embassy no doubt. good luck.

i don't know how many of you are going to bash me with same propaganda in the future.

my conclusion :p

"aye " media really play a very big role in our daily life
  • Options
    To be fair to achinese we should not be surprised at her shameless parroting of the Chinese government and complete failure to recognise the political oppression, censorship, non-existent democracy, torture and persecution of religion that make the human rights infringements of Western governments seem insignificant.

After all as Amnesty International have exposed – Chinese people peacefully expressing their views on the internet have been jailed or even killed by the Chinese authorities...If achinese agreed with me she probably wouldn't be able to post on here for much longer...

But still Amnesty International is Western propaganda isn’t it achinese? It’s just a puppet of Bush, the USA and the West? :lol: I’m afraid that won’t work against Amnesty International, AI is after all probably disproportionately critical of Western countries. And I won’t get started on the hilarity of you calling other people ‘brainwashed.’
  • Options
    achinese wrote:
    http://www.robert-fisk.com/iraqwarvictims_mar2003.htm

can you tell me who gave you the right to kill so many million of innocent, many are women and child? that's 10000**times of those kill in tiananman

this is just tip of iceburge. not to mention the secrete held detention center all around the world. does your gov encourage torture, killing,

and you are telling me, you know nothing about kkk.

I can't believe you are being brainwashed to this degree.
    The KKK are not the government.
  • Options
    the chinese opresses its citizens. the west opresses the world.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    ...You can not judge.

Of course you can judge them by todays standards. Can you not judge Hitler? Mao, Stalin etc?
  • Options
    The KKK are not the government.

I guess you have some issue of reading and complehension. if you go back to my previous posts, your should be able to realize i was comparing kkk to falungon. :chin:
  • Options
    i know most of you guys are brainwashed, and don't compare an orange to a watermellon. do you realize how many of innocent people were kill by you people. during early age of development of your country, i heard slave trade, child labor and plantation, killing torturing was rampant all over the place. in comparison, we are just perfect.
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    Of course you can judge them by todays standards. Can you not judge Hitler? Mao, Stalin etc?

I think you will find Hitler, Moa and Stalin all came at a time in the 20th century when Mass murder, Genocide, Ethnic Cleansing were quite obviously acts of evil.

During the Roman Empire Genocide was nothing more then a method of winning a war. They did Crucify Hundreds of thousands. Back then it was just how broke the enemies Will. We today can ask, how could they do such a thing, but someone from then, even the victims would not consider it unusual, just a painful way to kill someone.

It is pretty obvious is you just bother to think about it.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    I think you will find Hitler, Moa and Stalin all came at a time in the 20th century when Mass murder, Genocide, Ethnic Cleansing were quite obviously acts of evil.

yea, that's right, i think Hitler, Moa and Stalin, Mass murder, Genocide, Ethnic Cleansing are all product of west culture. if there's no west imperialism, there will be no use of Moa to kick those ass of imperialism. finally most imperialism are dead in 20 century. big relief
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    We today can ask, how could they do such a thing, but someone from then, even the victims would not consider it unusual, just a painful way to kill someone.

We today dont really know how people back then thought about such thing (crucifiction etc)

I think it is important to consider that the little we know from ancient documents are mostly if nt entirely the views of the ruling classes and vicotrs of a war.

I strongly believe people back then know the horrors of incarceration etc.

Plus the lack of efficient flow of knowledge/information throughout society back then wouldve hindered any attempts to counter it. Which is what is happening to China and to a much lesser degree, in the West.
  • Options
    achinese wrote:
    yea, that's right, i think Hitler, Moa and Stalin, Mass murder, Genocide, Ethnic Cleansing are all product of west culture. if there's no west imperialism, there will be no use of Moa to kick those ass of imperialism. finally most imperialism are dead in 20 century. big relief

I think youre right that Mao among other leaders/social movements are directly or indirectly caused by Western imperialism both in the past (colonialism/coercion) and today (globalisation/trade)
  • Options
    Is Islam evil? No. Its not a nice religion. But then again, neither is Christianity, Judaism or Hinduism.

I've read the Koran, several times. I'm also pretty well versed in several schools of thought about Islam, including the Sufi and Ishmaelian philosophies.

The Koran is a schizophrenic text. I can quote from it and look like a Church of England member or like Ayatollah Khoemeini. In parts it preaches respect for all religions (as Allah reveals himself differently to other cultures) and in others it talks about devilish Christians and Jews going to hell. It talks about the rights of women in divorce (half of everything) and how Mohammed often consulted women for advice, while at the same time indulging in outrageous mysoginy.

The problem is mostly that Orthodox and Sufi Islam have been replaced by the Wahabi ideology, which is evil. Its extremist, fundamentalist in its interpretation and hypocritical in its actions. It also has the backing of Saudi Arabia and the oil money that comes into the country, allowing it to spread with ease. Dont get me wrong, the Orthodox Muslims are hardly nice (think strict catholic and you're roughly right) but Wahabis are like the Army of God in comparison. Even the fundamentalist Salafis hate their guts, because their preaching of jihad is against the Koranic law. Bin Laden tried to launch his Jihad, but there is no Caliph, which is necessary for its declaration. He also allows for indiscriminate targeting of non-combatants, women and children, expressly forbidden under the rules of Jihad also.

The decentralization since the abolition of the Caliphate has lead to many self-proclaimed and quite ignorant 'Imams', who have no qualifications and rely on hate-mongering and spreading fear to attract their crowds. Abu Hamza is a perfect example, a man who has no formal education in Islam at all and yet feels he knows the Koran enough to teach it to others. State-ratified qualifications may be a way to stop this and is something I have suggested elsewhere, with a strict and comprehensive cirriculum, certification and trained individuals on the lookout for those of a radical nature.
  • Options
    Cain wrote:
    Is Islam evil? No. Its not a nice religion. But then again, neither is Christianity, Judaism or Hinduism.

I've read the Koran, several times. I'm also pretty well versed in several schools of thought about Islam, including the Sufi and Ishmaelian philosophies.

The Koran is a schizophrenic text. I can quote from it and look like a Church of England member or like Ayatollah Khoemeini. In parts it preaches respect for all religions (as Allah reveals himself differently to other cultures) and in others it talks about devilish Christians and Jews going to hell. It talks about the rights of women in divorce (half of everything) and how Mohammed often consulted women for advice, while at the same time indulging in outrageous mysoginy.

The problem is mostly that Orthodox and Sufi Islam have been replaced by the Wahabi ideology, which is evil. Its extremist, fundamentalist in its interpretation and hypocritical in its actions. It also has the backing of Saudi Arabia and the oil money that comes into the country, allowing it to spread with ease. Dont get me wrong, the Orthodox Muslims are hardly nice (think strict catholic and you're roughly right) but Wahabis are like the Army of God in comparison. Even the fundamentalist Salafis hate their guts, because their preaching of jihad is against the Koranic law. Bin Laden tried to launch his Jihad, but there is no Caliph, which is necessary for its declaration. He also allows for indiscriminate targeting of non-combatants, women and children, expressly forbidden under the rules of Jihad also.

The decentralization since the abolition of the Caliphate has lead to many self-proclaimed and quite ignorant 'Imams', who have no qualifications and rely on hate-mongering and spreading fear to attract their crowds. Abu Hamza is a perfect example, a man who has no formal education in Islam at all and yet feels he knows the Koran enough to teach it to others. State-ratified qualifications may be a way to stop this and is something I have suggested elsewhere, with a strict and comprehensive cirriculum, certification and trained individuals on the lookout for those of a radical nature.

Your right in what your say, although Islam is significantly worse than other major religions, I mean any religion that condones killing or has a violent religious figure such as muhammed (compare him to Jesus...) is inherently bad. I think however that religions such as Buddusim are amazing. Its peaceful, harmonious and respects ALL living things. I've just came back from Thailand, and you wouldnt believe how much an effect Buddism has on society. It keeps crime levels low and produces the nicest and friendliest people you could ever meet. However in the far south of Thailand there is a large muslim population and so its quite dangerous for women due to molestation and ofcourse there been a few bombings, which you dont find anywhere else :rolleyes:
  • Options
    However in the far south of Thailand there is a large muslim population and so its quite dangerous for women due to molestation and ofcourse there been a few bombings, which you dont find anywhere else :rolleyes:
    Yeah, cos only muslims molest women and bomb people. :rolleyes:
  • Options

Who said that? I sure didn't, did you?
    When I say "nowhere else" I mean in the rest of Thailand, which is very peaceful, however the instant you get into the muslim area of the south there is a high risk of bombings and violence.
  • Options
    Who said that? I sure didn't, did you?
    When I say "nowhere else" I mean in the rest of Thailand, which is very peaceful, however the instant you get into the muslim area of the south there is a high risk of bombings and violence.
    So you're just assuming a link between the number of muslims and the amount of violence?
  • Options

9/11, the Madrid bombings, the Bali bombings, 7/7 and bombings in Christian neighbourhoods in Indonesia were carried out by Muslims...It’s not anti-Muslim to recognise the fact that the Muslim community at the moment has a problem with a significant number within it supporting extremism.

As for the comment concerning rape, of course rape is carried out by people of all different religions and ethnicities but there is unfortunately a pattern in some Scandinavian countries and to an extent in Britain of Muslims raping and specifically targeting Western women. And the way rape is viewed in some Islamic cultures is quite disgusting, it’s not uncommon for rape victims to be murdered in 'honour killings.' The way rape is viewed and women are treated in many Muslim societies is scary. Even in a secular Muslim country like Turkey there are some frightening attitudes.

I don’t think it’s so much about Islam but more cultural but these are important and worrying issues and they need to be discussed openly. If it is taboo to discuss the illiberal and extreme elements among some Muslims the only beneficiaries will be other illiberal extremists in the BNP.
  • Options
    I don’t think it’s so much about Islam but more cultural
    I think you've hit the nail on the head there. It's not Islam which is 'evil' just certain people, who happen to be muslim, and use it as an excuse for their violent actions. I think there is a large support for extremist movements among some muslims nowadays because Osama Bin Laden has done such a good job of creating a 'war' between muslim countries and the west (or at least a series of actions which gives that impression).
  • Options
    After all as Amnesty International have exposed – Chinese people peacefully expressing their views on the internet have been jailed or even killed by the Chinese authorities...If achinese agreed with me she probably wouldn't be able to post on here for much longer...

http://www.amnesty.org.uk/news/press/13005.shtml
    this link says, www.amnesty.org.puppy

But still Amnesty International UK is Western propaganda isn’t it achinese? It’s just a puppet of Bush, the USA :lol:

exactly :yes:
  • Options
    The reason rape and sexual abuse is high in muslim countries is becuase women in their societies have few human and civil rights compared to men, and must be covered up. So when they see western girls wearing a t-shirt or showing abit of skin they perseve them as "easy" or whores and make passes at them. I'm big traveller and when I look up travel infomation for muslim countries like Malaysia or Indonesia it always says "beware this is a muslim country and sexual assault is very common etc."
    Its not a coincidence that most islamic nations are autocratic or theocratic regimes and that the countrys themselves aswell as the countries that border them receive large amounts of violence and terrorist activities.
  • Options
    achinese wrote:

你可惨了,你明白中国保安服务. 他们将与你拍卖贵腑西方人. 小心!
  • Options
    你,多事, 我乐意, :razz:

你懂中文? :crazyeyes
  • Options
    You don't understand what i said but how could you be able to write Chinese :crazyeyes
    I guess your dictionary suck, the way you speak chinese really makes me laugh :p
  • Options
    I’ve no idea what you’re banging on about achinese but if you seriously think Amnesty International is US propaganda you're even more clueless than I thought.

Can you even view the Amnesty International website? Can you even read the entire content of my posts uncensored?

Given the persecution of internet users in China for condemning the Chinese regime it’s unreasonable of me to expect you to agree with me. After all, if you recognised the barbarity of the criminals running China you might not be in a position to post on forums like this for much longer...And what with the censorship you’re unfortunately not in any position to form a balanced opinion.

I hope you do not misinterpret my disgust for the Chinese government as disliking China. China looks a fascinating place and is somewhere I’d definitely like to visit one day. Unfortunately I think it will be many years before I would be able to visit a China with democratic elections, free speech, a free press and an independent judiciary. And I don't know if there will be ever a time when China ends its occupation of Tibet and recognises Taiwanese independence.
  • Options
    achinese wrote:
    I guess your dictionary suck, the way you speak chinese really makes me laugh :p

Just like your English! :thumb:
  • Options
    I’ve no idea what you’re banging on about achinese but if you seriously think Amnesty International is US propaganda you're even more clueless than I thought.

Can you even view the Amnesty International website? Can you even read the entire content of my posts uncensored?

Given the persecution of internet users in China for condemning the Chinese regime it’s unreasonable of me to expect you to agree with me. After all, if you recognised the barbarity of the criminals running China you might not be in a position to post on forums like this for much longer...And what with the censorship you’re unfortunately not in any position to form a balanced opinion.

I hope you do not misinterpret my disgust for the Chinese government as disliking China. China looks a fascinating place and is somewhere I’d definitely like to visit one day. Unfortunately I think it will be many years before I would be able to visit a China with democratic elections, free speech, a free press and an independent judiciary. And I don't know if there will be ever a time when China ends its occupation of Tibet and recognises Taiwanese independence.

Yes, offcouse i can read them, and im using proxy too.
    and yeah, it's propaganda, and it could be true, but china is still during its early age of development, it takes time to improve.

taiwan and tibet had always been part of china, and will always be.
    (read some history, eventhough you have right to be ignorant)

forget about democracy, i don't see any western style of democracy will happen here. those so called democracy, i'd really appreciate if you can keep it to yourself. those who get elected are often those who could get the most news coverage and those can affort multibillion compaignage, media headline. well, I don't care , your people have the freedom to choose your own style of government. so should we, ccp come to power because of our support.
    maybe some day democracy with chinese characteristic

as for the foreigner here, you don't realize how many foreigner are here. international student from all around world, and we're going to become one of largest tourist destiny here too in couple year. in fact, we are more free than yours. :naughty:
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    Just like you English! :thumb:

My English is way better than your chinese.
  • Options
    achinese wrote:
    My English is way better than your chinese.

:lol:

Hey, I may be in Beijing later this year (for work) ... good place to visit?
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    :lol:

Hey, I may be in Beijing later this year (for work) ... good place to visit?

I hope you don't get lost, because you know you don't know how to read direction. :thumb:
  • Options
    achinese,
    Your living proof propganda works. Dont you realise some of the things your country does and condones? I'm not even going to get into tiananmen square, "the great leap forward" and some of the horric things that have come out of the one child policy. Now I dont if you know the real facts about these things or if you have acces to those facts, but you need to understand your country has serious problems which it needs to address and its people like you who need to fight for them, via protest (although thats probably very dangerous...)