Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I have discovered...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...new levels of stupidity that I did not know existed. A girl that I work with was convinced today that you can have boxes of steam. Nathan was playing with the milk steamer thing on the coffee machine, and he said to Amy (the girl) "Amy, can you go and get me some steam for the steamer please?" and she actually went and asked the manager where it was :eek2:.

This scares me.

And this was the highlight of my day.

Yes, my life is that boring.

Comments

• Options
    :no: :lol::lol:
  • Options
    :lol: You do get some right ditzy people working in Mc'Donalds. I've never heard anything so stupid though. How on earth did she fall for it? Did she look embarassed when she realised it was a joke?

By the way, I'm loving your new avatar :thumb: Did you make it yourself?
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    :lol: You do get some right ditzy people working in Mc'Donalds. I've never heard anything so stupid though. How on earth did she fall for it? Did she look embarassed when she realised it was a joke?

By the way, I'm loving your new avatar :thumb: Did you make it yourself?
    She didn't realise it was a joke. The manager she asked said "you don't need to refill it". They're all mean :p.

And yes, yes I did, thank you ;d.
  • Options
    The other day at work my mate turned up in a short sleeved shirt and a tie, and he looked like he worked in McDonalds.

Spent all day messaging him "Big Mac and a medium coke, sitting in!" and "Can I get more cheesburgers please!"

This had not a lot to do with the thread, but it'll do as a vehicle for my comedy :yes:
  • Options
    It doesn't work unless he was wearing the hat, tbh.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    It doesn't work unless he was wearing the hat, tbh.

It would have made it about 20% funnier, yeah :(
  • Options
    should have been asking him about hdtv's and the sorts, i find the look you were describing, more like the kinda guys that work in currys or comets

take a look at the futureheads, they look like they made their money by working in dixons before the place shut up shop
  • Options
    i hate to admit this but ...my own daughter moved into her first house ...cold water comes out of both taps ...she phoned the water company to tell them she'd moved in ...could they please turn the hot water on! :(
  • Options
    i hate to admit this but ...my own daughter moved into her first house ...cold water comes out of both taps ...she phoned the water company to tell them she'd moved in ...could they please turn the hot water on! :(

what's wrong with that?
  • Options
    It's heated up by the boiler in your house, not turned on or off by the water company.
  • Options
    It's heated up by the boiler in your house, not turned on or off by the water company.
    yes ...I know that ...she actualy thought the water company sent hot water and cold water down the pipes ...she will never live it down.
  • Options
    what's wrong with that?
    i missed this one!
    you'd get on realy well with my ruth.
  • Options
    what's wrong with that?

haha I was thinking exactly the same...

oh dear.
  • Options
    haha I was thinking exactly the same...

oh dear.
    so she's not as daft as we thought then?
  • Options
    I was the only girl (when I was supervisor of my girly team at Debenhams) who would go alone to the warehouse to collect stock. The consultants had managed to convince the girls it was haunted and they wouldn't go alone.. :yeees:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    take a look at the futureheads, they look like they made their money by working in dixons before the place shut up shop

Oh my God. Please don't mock one of my favourite bands.. they are so cool. :(
  • Options
    Oh my God. Please don't mock one of my favourite bands.. they are so cool. :(

ive met them, they really do look like they work in dixons, but they do make good records
  • Options
    Plating up breakfasts in servery one day, I had the following exchange with a co-worker.

She asks, 'I never understood why you put an egg on a meat-free breakfast.'
    '..You what?'
    'Why is there an egg on a meat-free breakfast?'
    'Well, cos eggs aren't meat, are they.'
    'Well yeah, I know that, but don't they come from cows or something?'

Poor lass, never lived it down.
  • Options
    i used to work in a wharehouse and one of the pickers was the stupidest person i have ever met

girl - "the pick sheet says i need a 0.5 - 1 years top and there are non"
    me - there there
    girl - "iv looked there all 6 - 12 months"
    me - exactly
    girl - you think your so clever, why would i know that? i dont need to i dont have any kids

i was like wtf?

i suppose we should be glad that she isnt reproducing
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    My flatmate genuinely believed money grew on trees.

Ohhhh dear.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    My flatmate genuinely believed money grew on trees.

Ohhhh dear.

:lol: well if she ever find seed for one, let me know ;)
  • Options
    Oh, and my twin sister once asked me if bananas were made from milk...
  • Options
    :confused:
    Franki wrote:
    Oh, and my twin sister once asked me if bananas were made from milk...

Where did she get that idea from? :confused:
  • Options
    When my father in law first moved to the UK - on his first day at work they sent him to buy elbow greese - he went along to the shop and everything.
  • Options
    I was in town with my girlfriend about 2 weeks ago, at the ATM machine whilst she was getting some money out. The lady at the next ATM asks us whether she's doing something wrong - at this point we get a bit nervous cos you never know when your money is gonna get nicked at the cash point :p but we assist. She's got no computer literacy whatsoever and doesnt know how to do it, so we push the buttons for her cos she wants to take £10 out. Then it says unavailable funds, which she doesnt understand, and she says "well it was working the other day! i dont get it..." I didnt want to embarress her completely and say she didnt have enough money (i did say it said it didnt have money, but she seemed to think i meant the atm machine was empty) so I told her that her best bet would be to go and talk to someone in the bank.

Cue me and my girlfriend walking very very quickly in an opposite direction! We get Cs in our exams and think we're a bit dim and then people show us how intelligent we actually are :D lol
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    :confused:

Where did she get that idea from? :confused:
    I haven't got a clue, ya know. This was when she was in year 10 as well :p.
  • Options
    our ruth must be the runt of the litter ...her big brother asked her how they got the banana inside the skin ...she said they obviously had a special machine that did it!
    years later at her wedding ...i pproduced a banana and told the world in my chucking ...err ...giving her away speech.
  • Options
    i thought a kipper was an actual type of fish, like you'd get a shoal of kippers swimming in the sea :no:
  • Options
    its not?? :blush:
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    i thought a kipper was an actual type of fish, like you'd get a shoal of kippers swimming in the sea :no:
    me too