Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The North Pole doesn't exist!

Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
OK. So I was pissing about on Google Earth. And I found out the the north pole DOESN'T really exist.

Also, take a look at Stansted Airport. Ooos, the terminal building doesn't line up. Fuckoff break in it.

So, what else can you find broken on it?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Quick, tell Klintock!
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Quick, tell Klintock!
    Roffle, I was about to say that ;x
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Quick, tell Klintock!

I don't think he'd argue that the North Pole doesn't exist, it's the idea of countries and borders which get him fired up.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    there also appears to be two fecking huge sod off sized black lines running through the middle of yorkshire
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I don't think he'd argue that the North Pole doesn't exist, it's the idea of countries and borders which get him fired up.

yeh but where does the north pole start/end, and where does the north sea start/end its all quite perplexing
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    MrG wrote:
    yeh but where does the north pole start/end, and where does the north sea start/end its all quite perplexing

Do you think he believes in the four points of the compass?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i cant remember a plane ever hitting the capitol building in washington DC

but theres an awful lot of building work going on, on one side of the building, myabe a plane really didget as far as the whitehouse, but over shot a bit
  • Options
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/14/google_earth_competition_results/

theres a nice link to military hardware people have found through the use of google earth
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    OK. So I was pissing about on Google Earth. And I found out the the north pole DOESN'T really exist.

Also, take a look at Stansted Airport. Ooos, the terminal building doesn't line up. Fuckoff break in it.

So, what else can you find broken on it?

are you sure you wasnt just looking at the airport run way in braintree or something?
  • Options
    Quick, tell Klintock!
    :lol:
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    it was a joke ya thick-head ;)

speaking of which, where the hell has Klit been? I haven't seen him around in days.
  • Options
    According to google earth, the GMT line doesn't go through the observatory in greenwich :P
  • Options
    Cos your downloading is shite :p
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    According to google earth, the GMT line doesn't go through the observatory in greenwich :P
    It does,

The royal Family are also Lizard Aliens and its a conspiracy
  • Options
    noog wrote:

Well UK isn't really based on the time of Greenwich is it? Cos France is and the time between France and England is not the same... for France time add 1 hr... always found that weird... you move from north to sud, but time change when it is suppose to ba when moving to est or west... Anyone could explain me that one?
  • Options
    I can explain why,

when you move south, you move directly south as on a flat map, BUT if you look on a globe it wouldn't be south, it'd be partly to east or west,

I cant explain what I am trying to say excatly, it works in my head :(
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    I can explain why,

when you move south, you move directly south as on a flat map, BUT if you look on a globe it wouldn't be south, it'd be partly to east or west,

I cant explain what I am trying to say excatly, it works in my head :(

Well why 2 country on the same GMT do not have the same time then... doesn't make much sense... for example France got the same time as spain... and some african countries on the same GMT too...
  • Options
    that i don't know, because every goverment is crap n stupid
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    that i don't know, because every goverment is crap n stupid

or maybe cos the UK just want to feel different to other countries again so took an other time?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Well why 2 country on the same GMT do not have the same time then... doesn't make much sense... for example France got the same time as spain... and some african countries on the same GMT too...
    It's pretty simple:
    Most countries have parts in practically different time zones. It would be too confusing if parts of the same country existed in different time, so they decided that each country would be considered to be in the same time zone that most of it actually is (or the mostly average zone).
    If you look on a map (example) you'll see that most of France is in a different time zone than most of the UK. So the whole of France is considered to be in a different one than the whole of the UK.
  • Options
    or maybe cos the UK just want to feel different to other countries again so took an other time?

because theres a large chunk of france, which is to the east of the UK, and coincidentally the rest of europe
  • Options
    It's pretty simple:
    Most countries have parts in practically different time zones. It would be too confusing if parts of the same country existed in different time, so they decided that each country would be considered to be in the same time zone that most of it actually is (or the mostly average zone).
    If you look on a map (example) you'll see that most of France is in a different time zone than most of the UK. So the whole of France is considered to be in a different one than the whole of the UK.
    Based on that though... Spain should have the same time as the UK. Strange... :chin:
  • Options
    yes but you have to travel a half hour to get to mainland europe, or about that anyway

where as it would be a bit dodgy having someone having to change their watch everytime they took a dumo, if their toilet was on the french/spanish border
  • Options
    It's pretty simple:

France is based on Greenwich time... isn't UK suppose to be on that one too?
  • Options
    France is based on Greenwich time... isn't UK suppose to be on that one too?
    Is it? I don't really know, what I said is what I remember from school.
    According to that map though, most of the UK is behind Greenwich.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    north pole.JPG
    By the way... what am I supposed to see in this picture? :confused:
    All I see is darkness and two triangles.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    there also appears to be two fecking huge sod off sized black lines running through the middle of yorkshire
    And a blackhole in Essex. :crazyeyes :eek2: :confused: :shocking: :eek:
  • Options
    Has anyone found area 51 yet?
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Has anyone found area 51 yet?
    Yes ;D

xnt0kx.jpg
  • Options
    if you scroll around the area a bit, you can find the runways and everything