Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Klintock and Nihilism

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The technical term is an 'ellipsis'...and I like them too.
    if we ask jim ...he might give us some coloured ones!
  • Options
    Well... they are ellipsis but... if we were using them in a formal piece of writing, surely we'd be putting paces between the dots? For casual use though, the dot dot dot is great for a pause of unfinished thought...
  • Options
    ...I haven't got a clue...lol!
  • Options
    ...I haven't got a clue...lol!
    the effect dots have had on our civilisation ...when mixed with a few dashes they saved many lives.
  • Options
    the effect dots have had on our civilisation ...when mixed with a few dashes they saved many lives.
    .. -. -.. . . -.. !
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
       .----......
    .---------.
    -.........-

It's a tank! Run! It is here to get us!

Dots and Dashes... can have a terrible effect!
  • Options
    Nihilism?

No, I believe in tangible, physical reality.

Not words that have no attachment to anything I can sense.

Not the clever words of clever men, generaLIEsations and distortions of what's real.

What can I see?

Individuals. So all action is at the level of the individual. To say anything else is to deny the evidence of the senses and is obviusly completely nuts.

For those who believe in society, religion or even nothing (there is no such thing, even in the mind) are all dangerously insane.
  • Options
    The vast majority of the world are dangerously insane?

Lets guess which is more likely - everyone else (including nearly every other poster on these boards) in the world is dangerously insane (and I don't really like being insulted this early in the day)

OR

you are...
  • Options
    Well, what you do in the cae of having to prove something is you check with material reality.

Ok, so if we do that, we find that I am in fact correct, and therefore (if it's just a false hypothesis that needs correcting) anyone who encountered the idea will go "oh yeah, your right you know" and simply adapt to the new knowledge.

The heavy emotional outpouring at the idea that it's all nonsense from those who encounter it is a clue as to something going on. Of course it's because the person who fed them the nonsense was usually a close family member who either ended the obvious questions of small children (or maybe teenagers) with threats or dismissal.

And you can hear it in the arguments "if you don't like it leave"(teenager trapped at home) "try telling that to the police"(I'm stronger than you) "everyone else believes it"(Youcan't fight us all) "people who don't believe it are evil"(only good boys and girls go to heaven, and your a good boy, aren't you?) yadda yadda.

Yeah, everyone else is nuts. Truth isn't democratic.
  • Options
    welcome back mate!
    there was a girl called alice ...she fell down a rabbit hole you know.

there is truth in what you say but ...we build our realities.
    so that we can all function to some degree.
  • Options
    Cheers Rolly.

There is truth to what you say too.

Thing is, which is more important, the ideas in realities we build or the people who are in the reality we didn't?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Cheers Rolly.

There is truth to what you say too.

Thing is, which is more important, the ideas in realities we build or the people who are in the reality we didn't?
    dunno mate ...i avoid reality as much as possible.