Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Klintock and Nihilism

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Originally posted by Klintock:
Ok. The "BNP" is a fictional entity made by a small group of people to acquire legitimacy for theior violent domination of you and yours through the violence of the cult known as the "state".

As "britain" "national" and in fact " party" are entirely fictional entities, only believed in by the mad or the severely dim, then we have nothing different than any other alleged "group". If you have some facts to support any assertion that any of those things actually exist, great. If you don't you can drop the idea that there is any such thing as the BNP and we can focus on the only real issue of politics, that of using fiction and your inability to think to gain legitimacy for your slavery to the mad.

Theres no such thing as the BNP.

Do try and keep up.

So all groups of people are "fictional entities", including political parties, nations, corporations, football teams....
I wouldn't call anyone who puts themself in a group "mad" or "severely dim". It is a natural habit of humans that we put ourselves into groups with like-minded people. For instance, if I wanted to run a shop I would create a company, with a number of other individuals. That company would have its own set of group norms. Anyone wishing to join the company would have to comply with those norms. For instance if I decide my shop is going to sell sweets, I would expect anyone who didn't want to sell sweets, but who wanted to sell toys to go and start their own shop to sell toys. All the people who wanted to sell sweets could join my company, and all the people who wanted to sell toys could go and work in the toy shop.

Nations are a bit like companies, but on a larger scale. Over thousands of years, those people living in particular parts of the world have developed group norms (or cultures) of their own. The English speak the English language, they are mostly of the Christian religion and they have this part of land called England. And they can say "this is England. In England we speak English." Then we have the Indians. In India they mostly speak Hindi and are Hindus. There used to be some Muslims in India, but they said "we are different from the Hindus, we want our own country", so they created Pakistan and Bangladesh.

States are simply groups of like-minded people with their own land (think of them as really big shops), not "cults" as you would have it.
And of course, not all people are the same, so arguments break out. Take the Middle East, for instance. Here, we have two groups of people, the Israelis and the Palestinians, who each want to run a different sort of shop, but both want to use the same premises. And hence conflict breaks out.

What you want is Nihilism, where there are no groups, no nations and no political parties. This goes against human nature and would never work in the real world.

DW

Comments

• Options
    *applause*

You realise, this changes nothing?
  • Options
    States are invented for protection and exist only in that they are opposed by other states.

E/O/T
  • Options
    How many gigaherths of bandwidth have been wasted on this issue over the years, I wonder?

Klintock believes nothing but the individual exists. Countries don't exist. Cities don't exist. Towns don't exist. Workers don't exist. People don't exist. Armies don't exist. Political parties don't exist.

Hilarious as such concept might be to the rest of us, klintock's views are by now fully known to any regular of these boards. There is as little need for the former to continue to make such claims on every single thread he comes across as for the rest of us to argue otherwise.

So in a way this thread is welcomed, and perhaps it should be made a sticky. If that means we don't have to hear another word of it on other threads, I'm all for it.
  • Options
    WOW

States are like really big shops :crazyeyes :crazyeyes :crazyeyes

I`ve heard of stretching things.....

Did someone else just hear Stretch Armstrong`s arms go snap ?

I can see your high street now:

Cosa Nostra, the family butcher

Yakusa Mart

Triads r us
  • Options
    Taking the example of company explain properly how a country work, but saying that believing "there are no groups, no nations and no political parties" is far from Nihilism imo....
    Aladdin wrote:
    Klintock believes nothing but the individual exists. Countries don't exist. Cities don't exist. Towns don't exist. Workers don't exist. People don't exist. Armies don't exist. Political parties don't exist.

Now that closer to Nihilism, also if Klintock believe individual exist it is not pure Nihilism tho... But really damn close...

Existance is not a easy thing to prove and not sure it can be really proven... what make everyone believe they exist and the world around them exist could just be an illusion or simply driven by the fear of none existance...

I wouldn't consider myself as a pure nihilistic, even so my username said so, but I think I can be often quite close to one... theories on existance and universe are so vast and most of them possible unless proven otherwise, that it is not always easy to believe that we do truly exist...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    There is as little need for the former to continue to make such claims on every single thread he comes across .
    that isn't nihilism it's obsessive compulsive disorder or whatever you call it.
    like you say ...more or less every thread he can mention it in ...and mostly in threads where it has no context whatsoever.
    some compulsive obsessives can't leave a room without clicking the light switch on and off an exact ammount of times ...and then if they think they counted wrong ...they do it again ...and again.
    klint is obviously inteligent but he does seem to have a disorder.
    on and on and on he goes.
    can you imagine going for a pint or having to work with this guy! :shocking:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Yet he posts hours of opinion on this board that does 'not exist', has posted so many messages that one could say he is a member of this board that does 'not exist' ... and believes that his postings are read by hundreds of people that 'don't exist' ... nihilism is fun, huh!? :)
  • Options
    hypnotism may well be the cure.
  • Options
    What is the purpose of this thread?
  • Options
    Talking about Klintock behind his back ? :chin:
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    Talking about Klintock behind his back ? :chin:
    Yeah, he'd never have found this thread with such a cryptic title and subtle references.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Yeah, he'd never have found this thread with such a cryptic title and subtle references.
    :lol:
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:

The title is Klintock AND Nihilism. It appears to be unintentionally accurate on the part of the thread starter who implies that Klintock =Nihilism.As a reader of many of Klintiock`s posts I found him continually opposing the nihilism expressed by the majority of posters.
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    The title is Klintock AND Nihilism. It appears to be unintentionally accurate on the part of the thread starter who implies that Klintock =Nihilism.As a reader of many of Klintiock`s posts I found him continually opposing the nihilism expressed by the majority of posters.
    And?
  • Options
    I thought it was juicy gossip about Klintock and NihilisticMadman, but I was disappointed when I clicked :(
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    What is the purpose of this thread?
    Thesite.org witch hunt
  • Options
    what is the purpose to most of the threads?
  • Options
    DOesnt Klintock just oppose everything? I have yet to read a thread where he isnt opposing something.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aladdin wrote:

Thing is he IS Right.

Let's get over it... I think most of us know what he's on about now. If you must find out, search through his posts and read them.
  • Options
    So is Klintock going to be supporting anyone at the World Cup or does it not exist? :chin:
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Thing is he IS Right.

Let's get over it... I think most of us know what he's on about now. If you must find out, search through his posts and read them.
    Is he though?

I look out of the window and I see people, and a city.

I served in an army for nearly a year- I can assure you it's very much real.

Etc etc.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    So is Klintock going to be supporting anyone at the World Cup or does it not exist? :chin:
    Seeing as he believes "people", "workers" or "armies" don't exist, I would presume he doesn't believe "football teams" exist either, regardless of whether they represent "non-existant nations" or not ;)
  • Options
    A bunch of individuals kicking a ball at random seems a perfect description of the England football team :D
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Seeing as he believes "people", "workers" or "armies" don't exist, I would presume he doesn't believe "football teams" exist either, regardless of whether they represent "non-existant nations" or not ;)

So what am i doing when i go to watch Exeter City (apart from watching a bunch of underachievers) :shocking:
  • Options
    Thesite.org witch hunt
    :yes:

People do gang up on others if they think differently to the norm :(
  • Options
    i think most ppl in the thread know they are taking the 'exist' thing way out of context.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    A bunch of individuals kicking a ball at random seems a perfect description of the England football team :D
    :lol:
  • Options
    :yes:

People do gang up on others if they think differently to the norm :(
    i don't think it is that simple.
    klint keeps on and on repeating the same old mantra at every opportunity ...over and over like a stuck record.
    if you or i mentioned say ...drugs ...in every thread ...it would draw peoples attention ...people would be asking why is it necessary to keep on repeating ...keep on repeating keep on repeating ...the the the same same same same thing over and endlessly over over over over ...

is it an illness?
    has he hypnotised himself?
    there must be a reason.
    i think he is suffering from compulsive obsessive disorder.
    it certainly isn't about him thinking differently.
    it isn't about agreeing or disagreeing with him ...it's whats up with him to behave like this.
  • Options
    It gets kind of repetitive when somebody regurgitates the same argument for pretty much every conversation. Why not just put it in their signature and save the effort of typing it out all the time?
  • Options
    It gets kind of repetitive when somebody regurgitates the same argument for pretty much every conversation. Why not just put it in their signature and save the effort of typing it out all the time?
    good idead ...now we need a creative sig writer and he'll be right as rain.
    i think drugs should be legalised ...i'm thinking of putting that in every thread in every topic until someone writes him one up!