Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What is sexual perversion?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We've all got different views and likes when it comes to sex but when does any a practice become "sexual perversion"?

Comments

• Options
    I suppose it's dependant entirely upon your point of view. A perversion would be anything sexual someone considers "abnormal"

someone who had no particualr kinks would think somone who was into a bit of bondage was a sexual deviant, but the person who is into bondage will probably consider water sports to be a sexual perversion (as would the first person)

so anything "out of the norm" would be considered a sexual perversion, but that of course depends on what you think normal is :)

of course, in public, anything a bit wierd is probably considered to be a sexual perversion
  • Options
    Kinky is using a feather...

Peversion is using the whole chicken
  • Options
    If you think you are a perv, then you have a sexual pervertion... or if your partner call you a perv... but don't see anyting wrong with being a perv tbh... I think I might be actually and it doesn't bother me at all :)
  • Options

:confused::confused:
  • Options

:lol:

When I think of peversion I think of perverts which makes me think of kiddie fiddler chester the molester.
  • Options
    Yeah, Perversion is child molesting...or enjoying having people shit on you or in your mouth or something puke inspiring like that. Sex with animals too, thats perverse.

Can't think of anything else though...
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Yeah, Perversion is child molesting...or enjoying having people shit on you or in your mouth or something puke inspiring like that. Sex with animals too, thats perverse.

Can't think of anything else though...

Preversion is not just that... it is just something that is directed away from right or good... right and good vary depending per person... therefore just bdsm could be perverse as well as role playing ad other stuff like that... just enjoying violent films can be as perverse... it's not just scat play, child molesting and sex with animals...
  • Options
    It depends on several factors including for example the society in which you live and the time period concerned. In the Western World in the modern day we have a lot of sexual freedom and hence far fewer sexual acts are considered perverse than in other times and places.
  • Options
    What about that German guy who paid someone to torture him extensively and then ultimately kill him - isn't that the height of perversion, for both parties concerned?
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:
    What about that German guy who paid someone to torture him extensively and then ultimately kill him - isn't that the height of perversion, for both parties concerned?

will be in the eyes of some and will not in eyes of others...
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:
    Was that sexual?
  • Options
    Doing it to a doll...
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    Doing it to a doll...
    It that really any different to using a vibrator?
  • Options
    The only peversion I can think of is sex against somebody's will.
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:
    We've all got different views and likes when it comes to sex but when does any a practice become "sexual perversion"?

I don't really know. The obvious answer is when it either becomes harmful to yourself or other people, but beyond that I really don't know.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Was that sexual?
    Apparently so, the guy who was killed had a fantasy about being eaten by a man - and this is what the killer did.
    To my mind this is sick and would come under the heading "sexual perversion" but to these two guys it was a sexual fantasy.
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:
    Apparently so, the guy who was killed had a fantasy about being eaten by a man - and this is what the killer did.
    To my mind this is sick and would come under the heading "sexual perversion" but to these two guys it was a sexual fantasy.

If they had sex while at it, then it is a sexual fantasy/perversion, otherwise it is just a fantasy/perversion...
  • Options
    "Chastity...the most unnatural of all the sexual perversions." -- Aldous Huxley
  • Options
    Jack Skellington is the man! I love NBC!! sorry... ;)

Yeah... what everyone else said :p
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:

So you do have a view? What's your view of sexual perversion then?
  • Options
    It's an irregular verb:

I'm adventurous
    You're kinky
    They're perverts
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    It's an irregular verb:

I'm adventurous
    You're kinky
    They're perverts
    :lol:
  • Options
    People who hang out here are ususally perverts.

oh i'm so uncreative :(
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    So you do have a view? What's your view of sexual perversion then?
    The German guys for a start. I think where extreme torture or killing is involved then it must cross the line into perversion. Also sex with animals or children.
  • Options
    apart from the dictionary definition of perversion. My view is that its only non-consensual sex that is perverse, and by that I mean rape, paedophilia, most incest, most bestiality.
  • Options
    apart from the dictionary definition of perversion. My view is that its only non-consensual sex that is perverse, and by that I mean rape, paedophilia, most incest, most bestiality.

Well I hope when you call me a perv it's not what you think of me then :( :nervous: :eek2: :shocking:
  • Options
    thats different :P

Youre Kinky, not perverted.
  • Options
    most incest, most bestiality.
    lol only most? So which acts are not perversions? hehe
  • Options
    Anything that's not inside wedlock, missionary position, lights off and eyes closed. Good ole Catholic boy here! :D
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    lol only most? So which acts are not perversions? hehe

yer... incest with cousin is alright and bestiality is ok if you own the pet :D