Home Politics & Debate
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here

Straw - setting a new record?

2

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    When a government condone acts of terror, making it legitimate, then the government are welcome to drown in their own shit, and shouldn't expect money or help from anyone.
    *Ahem ahem ahem* ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:
    *Ahem ahem ahem* ;)

    No, no ahem ahem here.
    I'm sorry, but there are clear differences between the methods of the Palestinians and the Israeli government. If you are not willing to admit that, then there's nothing I can do for you, and there's not point in discussing this further.

    Btw, I am still wondering - will anyone explain me what Clandestine thought was so funny?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    I am still wondering - will anyone explain me what Clandestine thought was so funny?

    as far as i could tell he found it funny that you were displaying with your posts your apparent lack of intelligence.. :rolleyes: .

    he's so pompous,there's no need for it.you don't need to be einstein to have an opinion,and i think this is what he expects.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mad Mac wrote:
    as far as i could tell he found it funny that you were displaying with your posts your apparent lack of intelligence.. :rolleyes: .

    he's so pompous,there's no need for it.you don't need to be einstein to have an opinion,and i think this is what he expects.

    Shame he doesn't match his own criterias then.
    Seriously, truly intelligent people, who have a bit of depth to them, don't carry themselves like he does.
    As said, the way he reacts to others says more about him than anybody else.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Shame he doesn't match his own criterias then.
    Seriously, truly intelligent people, who have a bit of depth to them, don't carry themselves like he does.
    As said, the way he reacts to others says more about him than anybody else.
    i agree.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Keep speculating Jacq. Your own evasion of all consistent application of principle, especially those you so virulently assert toward the victims of your beloved Israel's decades long victims, indicates an arrogant and ignorant hypocrisy toward which one has to laugh.

    As for this Mat wannabe, whoever he may be, youll need to show alot more than one liners to gain any credibility in your character assessments of those of us with any history here. Run along and play with your x box.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Keep speculating Jacq. Your own evasion of all consistent application of principle, especially those you so virulently assert toward the victims of your beloved Israel's decades long victims, indicates an arrogant and ignorant hypocrisy toward which one has to laugh.

    As for this Mat wannabe, whoever he may be, youll need to show alot more than one liners to gain any credibility in your character assessments of those of us with any history here. Run along and play with your x box.

    who say's i want to gain any credibility with you?

    do you even realise what this forums about?

    i have sat and read your posts for the past year.i have found your opinions interesting,but they are just your opinions! you speak of them as FACT,when they clearly are not!.....they are your opinions and you don't respect any others!

    my "one liners" as you put it,i think you will find some people agree with.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru

    As for this Mat wannabe, whoever he may be, youll need to show alot more than one liners to gain any credibility in your character assessments of those of us with any history here. Run along and play with your x box.

    You spite out full novels of pretentious and paranoid shit on this site, yet where's the earned credibility?

    Quality over quantity as they say ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You and other naysayers like you need to learn the difference between fact and opinion. Perhaps if you exercise some serious critical analysis of your youthful presumtpions as I have been forced to do after years of informed expereince in the areas where I care to comment on these boards, you might just come to acknowledge that distinction for yourself.

    And if you think contests of popularity are any indicator of intellectual integrity, you truly have alot to learn.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Keep reaching Jacq! Your lame attempts to insult those who actually have a grasp of the issues being discussed are as entertaining as any episode of "The Office" and just as amusingly painful to behold. :lol:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You and other naysayer like you need to learn the difference between fact and opinion. Perhaps if you exercise some serious critical analysis of your youthful presumtpions as I have been forced to do after years of informed expereince in the areas where I care to comment on these boards, you might just come to acknowledge that distinction for yourself.

    And if you think contests of popularity are any indicator of intellectual integrity, you truly have alot to learn.

    oh dear,i think you have missed the point!

    can we address the way you talk down to people please?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Keep reaching Jacq! Your lame attempts to insult those who actually have a grasp of the issues being discussed are as entertaining as any episode of "The Office" and just as amusingly painful to behold. :lol:
    there's a lot to be said about a man that laughs at his own jokes.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    No, no ahem ahem here.
    I'm sorry, but there are clear differences between the methods of the Palestinians and the Israeli government. If you are not willing to admit that, then there's nothing I can do for you, and there's not point in discussing this further.
    Yes there are differences in the methods they use. One of them uses sofisticated guided missiles with high explosives, the other home made explosives.

    Other than that, none of them actually give a shit about whether they kill innocent people or not.

    You would really be deluding yourself if you think Israel really cares about innocent Palestinians or makes any attempts to avoid killing them. I don't see any difference between firing 500lb warhead missiles into apartment blocks or crowded streets and killing innocent women and children, and walking into a restaurant and killing innocent women and children. Do you?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not attemptiong to insult, just stating the present situation.
    If I wanted to insult you, I'd do it through different ways.

    Frankly, I am too nice of a girl to do that :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:
    Yes there are differences in the methods they use. One of them uses sofisticated guided missiles with high explosives, the other home made explosives.

    Other than that, none of them actually give a shit about whether they kill innocent people or not.

    You would really be deluding yourself if you think Israel really cares about innocent Palestinians or makes any attempts to avoid killing them. I don't see any difference between firing 500lb warhead missiles into apartment blocks or crowded streets and killing innocent women and children, and walking into a restaurant and killing innocent women and children. Do you?

    Small example here which says it all - Israeli army has apologised for the civilians it has killed (I know, doesn't bring them back - but says something about intent and attitude) while you currently have Hamas condoning such acts.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Apologies mean nothing so long as the conditions which promote the ongoing conflict have become an institutionalised ethos of the antagonist state against its victims.

    The atrocities committed by Israel against the Palestinians have spanned more than half a century. A pity you are too dense to call "willful intent" what it truly is by definition.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Does that make it better in your eyes? It makes it worse in mine. At least one set of murderers is being honest instead of bullshitting around and pretending they care.

    I actually find it rather insulting that the Israeli government will speak of wanting peace and of "regretting" the loss of innocent lives when every single action they take indicates the exact opposite.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    even more pompous clan, that you won't give me a name.

    can you not see my point?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The only thing I see is you itching for a flame war for whatever personal reason I really couldn't care less.

    Care to actually contribute to the issue?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The only thing I see is you itching for a flame war for whatever personal reason I really couldn't care less.

    Care to actually contribute to the issue?
    i'm not itching for a "flame war",i'm just trying to point out how you put yourself across.

    i'm not involved in this debate because i don't want to be.i just hate the way you belittle people ,and will not see the points of others and becomes a personal attack on their beliefs and even their intellect.its arrogant,and doesnt welcome young people into any debate with you.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mad Mac wrote:
    i just hate the way you belittle people ,and will not see the points of others and becomes a personal attack on their beliefs and even their intellect.its arrogant,and doesnt welcome young people into any debate with you.

    It’s all part of Clan’s strategy. Now I will happily state that whoever wants to post here and abides by whatever rules laid down by TheSite should be free to do so. However, it’s surely more than a coincidence that Clandestine – a middle aged man in his 40s posts in several youth politics forums. There are thousands of politics forums on the internet. Is it not somewhat odd that Clandestine out of all of these politics forums chooses to post at several forums specifically targeted at young people – I mean why would a man in his 40s scroll the internet to find outlets to discuss politics with teenagers? The fact is like Christian missionaries and recruiters for cults and extreme political groups Clan wants to convert the young to his extreme opinions – his opinions being essentially little more than glorified conspiracy theories.

    It’s an established tactic of extreme groups and when compared to anything resembling mainstream thought Clan’s rants are undeniably extreme. Further, Clan tries to hide his extreme thoughts under the disguise of some kind of intellectual thought – he uses complex language to pass himself off as some kind of academic. Unfortunately Clan doesn’t resemble anything close to an academic – he’s merely the resident American conspiracy theory obsessed fruitcake of this forum. And let's be fair - fruitcakes, however nutty really do make this place a bit more interesting.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    he made a point of not using my name,yet he knew i had an xbox?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mad Mac wrote:
    he made a point of not using my name,yet he knew i had an xbox?

    Clan is patronising sometimes, maybe he thinks he’s part of some intellectual elite and above everyone else? I do enjoy his posts however, they’re truly entertaining and while I disagree with Clan on politics I’m sure he’d be an interesting bloke to have a few beers with.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Clan is patronising sometimes, maybe he thinks he’s part of some intellectual elite and above everyone else? I do enjoy his posts however, they’re truly entertaining and while I disagree with Clan on politics I’m sure he’d be an interesting bloke to have a few beers with.

    i think the same,i'd love to be in a pub with a few from here.

    can you imagine rolly an clan in the same pub??... :eek: :D

    that would be propper!

    i just hate the patronising manor of some people here.clever dialouge does not detach them from the rest of the human race! unless they want it to ofcorse.

    i like real people! ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mad Mac wrote:
    i think the same,i'd love to be in a pub with a few from here.

    can you imagine rolly an clan in the same pub??... :eek: :D

    that would be propper!

    i just hate the patronising manor of some people here.clever dialouge does not detach them from the rest of the human race! unless they want it to ofcorse.

    i like real people! ;)
    i'd love to have a few beers with clan ...very interesting bloke.
    be intersting to have a few with everyone in here to be honest ...klint ...we'd all come away believing it never happened ...blag in his cloth cap and braces would be a sight to see ...i'd be sat quietly in the corner smoking my pipe ...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'd love to have a few beers with clan ...very interesting bloke.
    be intersting to have a few with everyone in here to be honest ...klint ...we'd all come away believing it never happened ...blag in his cloth cap and braces would be a sight to see ...i'd be sat quietly in the corner smoking my pipe ...
    ive got the deepest respect for clan ,as i have for you,at least you don't play the "spake forth from god",card though.

    i want this nite to happen!

    i'd love to meet klintock and blaggy,{i only read cos they just smash the keyboard.} would be nice to have that level of intelligence tbh.i'd like to know however,



    are you this confident in real life?

    is blaggy really a working class hero?

    does blaggy think that klintock exists?



    all these questions could be answered on this night! :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Seems you are a broken record indeed Dis. Not a month since last you made the spurious claim about my posting in other forums (which you cannot substantiate as in any way valid).

    Fact is I havent posted in any other "youth" forums for nigh onto 2-3 years now, so this tenacious little dodge of yours should be ceased immediately.

    As for extremist views, one such as yourself who appeals to the likes of Daniel Pipes and Alan Derschowitz for support had best not wave a finger at any others on that score. Your rabid extremist zionist nonsense is the very antithesis of liberal democratic principle.
    Unfortunately Clan doesn’t resemble anything close to an academic

    This coming from a intellectually dishonest and morally duplicitous sixth former. You've far to go in studies and life before you are remotely qualified to assess academic integrity little man.

    And for the record, I don't drink.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mad Mac wrote:
    oh dear,i think you have missed the point!

    can we address the way you talk down to people please?
    You'll have to speak up if you insist on staying down there...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    No, no ahem ahem here.
    I'm sorry, but there are clear differences between the methods of the Palestinians and the Israeli government.

    There is?
    If you are not willing to admit that, then there's nothing I can do for you, and there's not point in discussing this further.

    I still await with baited breath for your condemnation of the murders of innocent peace workers by loving and caring Israeli army.

    Quick now, I'm suffocating. I've been waiting three bloody years.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No civilised person can possibly justify handing over billions of pounds to a terrorist regime. Until Hamas renounce violence and recognise the State of Israel it is impossible for the Israelis to negotiate with them rendering a negotiated peace impossible. Given that the EU and the US like Israel want peace there is no justification for prolonging the violence by propping up a gang of Islamic fundamentalists that’s ultimate aim is a pogrom of Jews in the region.
    As has been suggested several times now, the Israeli government could fit the definition of terrorist regime as well as Hamas, and if they renounced their own violence actions they couldn't do worse than they are now, unless stirring the pot with both hands is their idea of progress.

    Hamas has 'baggage', to put it mildly, and a political position of opposition to an Israeili state in any form is hardly taking the path of least resistance. But I doubt that Hamas fought the election on the promise of more violence, or they would have been barred. Allowing them to run for government, but only on the assumption that they were going to lose is up there with Charlie Brown and Lucy and the football. A wise man, well, a man anyway, said "Freedom isn't tidy". The Palestinians were free to vote for whoever they wanted, as were the Israelis. Now they have a government that reflects their views, and dialogue with Israel, however difficult, can begin.
Sign In or Register to comment.