Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Emergency

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Once or twice, to have the police remove people who're causing a disturbance at work. We had a convicted paedophile set up camp in one of the aisles with his son and refuse to leave. I called the police while the security guard tried to deal with it. We rarely need to call the police for theft though, the security guard normally deals with thieves in his own unique way.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    Once or twice, to have the police remove people who're causing a disturbance at work. We had a convicted paedophile set up camp in one of the aisles with his son and refuse to leave. I called the police while the security guard tried to deal with it. We rarely need to call the police for theft though, the security guard normally deals with thieves in his own unique way.

where the hell do you work?
  • Options
    last time i called the police was last year after our house was burgled. didn't call 999 though - did the non-emergency line and had a guy round in under 30 minutes.

as opposed to when we rang 999 a couple of years ago because a woman was being attacked behind our house by a couple of men. and the police didn't even show up. poor girl. i don't know what happened to her, but i really hope she was ok.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    We had a convicted paedophile set up camp in one of the aisles with his son and refuse to leave.

What him being a paedophile got to do with it?
    It just seems a lil strange that you mentioned it. Was is cos he was a paedophile? Or because he wouldnt move?
    Would you have called the police if he wasnt what he was?
  • Options
    when a glass thermometer shattered in my mouth and cut my tounge vein open
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    when a glass thermometer shattered in my mouth and cut my tounge vein open

Ouch!! :eek2:
    How did it shatter in your mouth?
  • Options
    I last called at the end of march this year, when we had a little pan fire in our house :blush:
    An ex-boyfriend also once called an ambulance for me because I was having a panic attack, and he thought I couldn't breathe.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Emergency
    Originally posted by jake0
    never

Lucky you....

I called them last when there were a bunch of scallies with a fire in the field behind my estate, drinking, making noise and stuff.
  • Options
  • Options
    :eek2: may i ask why?
  • Options
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    It's my job :p

I was like :eek: as well but then I realised :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    What him being a paedophile got to do with it?
    It just seems a lil strange that you mentioned it. Was is cos he was a paedophile? Or because he wouldnt move?
    Would you have called the police if he wasnt what he was?

I mentioned it because he kept insisting that he was a convicted paedophile and thus feared for his life, and kept begging us to leave him alone. We called the police because he was being very loud and aggressive towards some staff, and was scaring the public. The fact that he was a paedophile was only mentioned because he was shouting it at us.
  • Options
    Last night. Before that, the night before. and before that, last wednesday.

Cheater...

Last time was when a diskhead b/f of a buddy of mine fell off a hill. Though if he hadn't fallen, I would have pushed him.
  • Options
    I haven't rung them but they were rung about three weeks ago when my brother got his head kicked in.

And they took about an hour to arrive. :|
  • Options
    Last night. Before that, the night before. and before that, last wednesday.

:p I called one yesterday too. I call one pretty much everyday. I don't dial 999 though, I dial a more special number and bypass 999.
  • Options
    Originally posted by eefs
    I haven't rung them but they were rung about three weeks ago when my brother got his head kicked in.

And they took about an hour to arrive. :|

They were probably out dealing with one of the people who think it is 'a laugh' and 'fun' to call the emergency services. When a 3 year old picks up the phone and dials 999 for a giggle the Police have to be dispatched, which diverts their attention from a more urgent call.

When I was younger the 9 button got stuck on our phone but I just got on the line and explained what had happened to the operator. She told me to replace the handset and she would clear the line. We were not to pick it up again for 7 minutes. When the same happened to my dad he just put the phone down, little realising the police would come out. They did. We bought a new phone pretty quickly!
  • Options
    sometime last year when my mate was having and asthma attack
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Ouch!! :eek2:
    How did it shatter in your mouth?

it was an old one! no wonder i have a phobia of veins, the blood was pouring and i was petrified about mercury poisining!!
  • Options
    at least once a week as i work in an nursing centre and we have to be very carful!! They could at least send some good looking ones out to me to chat to, there usually look to old to even work and most the time by the time they get there we dont need them anymore!
  • Options
    er dead thread?

but yeh, I've never called them.
  • Options
    Throughout my teen years, I had to ring the emergency services quite often. Not rang them for a few years though. I think the last time I rang them was when I was 16.

I've rang the fire service, the ambulance service and the police service. Oh dear.

Actually no, I've just remembered, I rang the police late last year when we had some trouble in work. Stupid scallies causing trouble.
  • Options
    at least once a week

..Did it take you a long time to dig up such an amazingly dead thread?
  • Options
    the last time my house was gettin pelted with bricks and bottles!
  • Options
    I had to phone an ambulance at a house party when I was 17, some stupid boy drank far too much gin and got alcohol poisoning. Since I was the only sober person in the house it was my job to phone them, the paramedics were extrememly rude and told me off. Yes I know it was self inflicted and a typical teenagery thing to do but I was honestly worried he would die. Not a good night was had by all.

Edit: Just realised how old this thread is! :blush:
  • Options
    at least once a week as i work in an nursing centre and we have to be very carful!! They could at least send some good looking ones out to me to chat to, there usually look to old to even work and most the time by the time they get there we dont need them anymore!

:banghead:
  • Options
    I had to phone when a old gentleman approached me havin come out of his house to search for his wife who hadn't returned from walking the dog. Found her passed away in a toilet cubicle with the dog barking outside the loo's - called ambulance.
  • Options
    Oh thats so sad :(
  • Options
    oops
  • Options
    i thought i'd gone back in time then!....you fuckers are gonna have to stop doin this to me when i'm pissed!