Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So, I told them: "Sod off and die, you useless rodents"

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Last night, I was waiting for the bus home after a hard day's work. Sitting patiently at the bus stop, there were two of us waiting - I was there reading a newspaper whilst an elderly man was next to me, slightly intoxicated, but he was perfectly alright, making random comments about lion's bottoms for some reason...

Suddenly, five girls spring up out of nowhere and start pestering me with calls of "will you go into the shop and buy us all some fags, please?". At first, I kindly but firmly said "no". However, these 10-year old rodents (they say they were 14 and 15, but I wasn't convinced) weren't taking no for an answer. They started to use every tactic in the book to persuade me to buy some. I eventually told them all to "sod off and die". They certainly did "sod off", but reading the obituary column in the morning newspaper, none of them had taken the rest of my advice.

Anyway, is there anyone else here who's had to deal with these pests before? And how do you get rid of the little blighters?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    just say no, or else go in and buy them fags, or else say ok, and take their money and then buy yourself something :)
  • Options
    Tell em you're underage too!

Me and my friends get hassled by these squirts A LOT.
  • Options
    Yep had that before and I think I just bought them the stuff, but back then was underage to and was re-selling por to underage people at me school, so didn't bother me much...
  • Options
    or else say ok, and take their money and then buy yourself something :)

:hyper: :lol:
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    Tell em you're underage too!
    Me and my friends get hassled by these squirts A LOT.
    Look at my pictures. How am I gonna persuade anyone I'm under 16? In most places, I have difficulty persuading them I'm under 25! :p
  • Options
    Oh yeahhh hmm :chin: Tell them you have rabies and make a few spontaneous snarling noises.
  • Options
    or else tell them you are not allowed to speak to stranger... or do what I do when morons come and bother me, speak french... works most of time, only missed once when the guy was speaking french too...
  • Options
    either go in for them or tell them to fuck off

or if its boys hit em a slap in the head and tell them to fuck off
  • Options
    Heh heh heh.. my bf got harrassed by a load of chavs in my year in town today, for drinks tomorrow night. Not surprising, considering he's a chav himself. Felt quite smug, walking past holding his hand, knowing I'll never have to ask :p.
  • Options
    youth of today, eh?

Just tell them to fuck off, stupid kiddies.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    Heh heh heh.. my bf got harrassed by a load of chavs in my year in town today, for drinks tomorrow night. Not surprising, considering he's a chav himself. Felt quite smug, walking past holding his hand, knowing I'll never have to ask :p.
    The people in question that I had to deal with were what I'd call "fake chavs". On the one hand, they had the stupid tracksuits and hoodies, but none of them was carrying a baby. Probably flogged it for a Westlife CD.
  • Options
    yeah pseudo-chavs. They want all the social respect that comes with being a chav, but in reality are probably highly cultured individuals who work hard for their money, take a deep interest in art and theatre, and always have at least 3 types of pasta in the cupboard and several different cheeses in the fridge.
  • Options
    yeah pseudo-chavs. They want all the social respect that comes with being a chav, but in reality are probably highly cultured individuals who work hard for their money, take a deep interest in art and theatre, and always have at least 3 types of pasta in the cupboard and several different cheeses in the fridge.
    I'm kinda wishing I'd said yes now. That way, I could have found out what the choice of cigarette is for the pseudo-chav. And I could have seen a hoodie fall over and die as it ran out of breath whilst chasing me as I run off with the ciggies.
  • Options
    You have a way with words.
  • Options
    Why tell them to "sod off and die"? Why not just say "my bus will be here in a minute, and I don't want to miss it" or something?
  • Options
    You have a way with words.

lol.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    Why tell them to "sod off and die"? Why not just say "my bus will be here in a minute, and I don't want to miss it" or something?
    Lord only knows I tried every line in the book to get rid of them. In the end, a short outburst put shot to the situation.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:

I get them impression he needed to use a shock tactic as he said they weren't taking no for an answer and evidently it worked. :)
  • Options
    Franki wrote:

Because SG isn't polite like you?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Don't be cheeky! You wouldn't be a bundle of smiles after spending several hours behind a till either. :p
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    :chin:

Good point ;p.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    cos thats a lie and why should people have to always lie and be nice to people they hate, just for an easy life?
  • Options
    But telling them to "sod off and die" is a bit harsh, no?
  • Options
    You'd not believe how easy ignornign somebody is!

But they kept on bothering me! And they weren't going to stop if I just ignored them.

Oh my god, but guess what. You too can ignore people! I'm swearing to ya, it works. Hasn't failed me yet.

And there is really no need to tell somebody to "sod" off and die. Its just plain unnecessary and pathetic.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Franki wrote:
    They deserved it IMHO.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    Have you missed the fundamental point that a bunch of 14-year olds shouldn't be smoking in the first place?
  • Options
    I wouldn't consider them worthy of my time.
  • Options
    I wouldn't consider them worthy of my time.
    you think good.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Have you missed the fundamental point that a bunch of 14-year olds shouldn't be smoking in the first place?
    So telling them to sod off and die is helping, how? You don't even need to say anything to them, not even "no" in the first place. If they're smoking, they're gonna find someone else who will do it, so just ignore it.

Tbh.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    So telling them to sod off and die is helping, how? You don't even need to say anything to them, not even "no" in the first place. If they're smoking, they're gonna find someone else who will do it, so just ignore it. Tbh.
    Fair enough. I will now follow the Franki doctrine of being nice to everyone at all times of the day. When pigs fly. :p