Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bras

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't have much choice in where I buy bras these days as Bravissimo is one of the only shops that stock my size.

But a while ago I bought a few bras on an underwear-shopping-spree and the LaSenza ones fell apart, despite only every handwashing, after only 6 months. The other bras were slightly more expensive but lasted much longer.
  • Options
    *TiNK* wrote:
    The ones in new look are an odd shape on me, and my mate.

The ones in New Look don't fit me either! My size in there never fits me.
  • Options
    la senza online have a really good sale on atm, iv just ordered four bras! for about 40pounds altogether which isnt bad!
  • Options
    Brastop.com rule, especially for ladies like me who have big boobs and so can only buy from expensive places. I made another order from there today :)
  • Options
    La Senza are pretty crap I think. They only have afew bra's for big boobs, and the shapes mean they never never fit me or offer any support.
    And I bought afew pairs of knickers from there once and they all got holes and stuff, after one wash.
  • Options
    La Senza isn't crap at all. I've bought lovely bras from there in my size and I have to buy bras in the bigger sized range.

And most of my knickers and stuff are from there but none of them have holes in them from washing them :confused:
  • Options
    I think places like Primark and Peacocks do really good underwear thats really cheap...

Tip: to protect bras in the washing machine, stick them in an old pillow case, tie a knot in the top, and stick it in the washing machine

I do that with all my undies and i've had no trouble with the wire coming out of cheaper bras or holes appearing :)
  • Options
    To be completely fair, underwired bra's aren't meant to be machine-washed. So you can't really moan is machine-washing ruins them, because they're meant to be handwashed.

I machine-wash mine, but then I don't moan when the wires come out and clogs up your washer and your mum/dad goes mental... :D
  • Options
    H-face wrote:
    I think places like Primark and Peacocks do really good underwear thats really cheap...

Tip: to protect bras in the washing machine, stick them in an old pillow case, tie a knot in the top, and stick it in the washing machine

I do that with all my undies and i've had no trouble with the wire coming out of cheaper bras or holes appearing :)
    Does this work for padded bras because usually padded bras go funny in the wash too. :confused:
  • Options
    I'd never spend the time hand washing things cuz I = lazy and I can't see how putting them inside a pillow case would get them clean.

Its all about the delicate cycle. I'm pretty sure thats why that setting is there in the first place! All my bras are padded and I've never had a problem with washing them. I never really knew that people did.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I'd never spend the time hand washing things cuz I = lazy and I can't see how putting them inside a pillow case would get them clean.

Its all about the delicate cycle. I'm pretty sure thats why that setting is there in the first place! All my bras are padded and I've never had a problem with washing them. I never really knew that people did.

Once, our machine packed in... when we paid £100 (or however much the callout fee is) to Hotpoint to come and fix it, it was because my bra-wire had come out and clogged up the spin. :D

Needless to say, my Dad wasn't the happiest bunny! Not that it has stopped me putting them back in haha ;)
  • Options
    :lol: thats pretty good.