Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bras

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Where is the best place to buy bras that are good quality but not expensive.

Comments

• Options
    I would usually go to La Senza but Evans do nice bras that don't cost as much and ya can find some really nice bras there. Think it's Evans anyways... :chin:
    Ya got Debenhams as well. They're not cheap, but you do get what you pay for there.

New Look do some nice bras as well.

Though would stay away from Primark, yes it's cheap but from my experience, there's a reason why they are cheap. Material never lasts.
  • Options
    BHS or La Senza.
  • Options
    La Senza? Inexpensive?

You've got to be joking.

Depends how big you are, if you've got bigger boobs then Bravissimo is the place to go.
  • Options
    i'd try online, though with sizing being so inconsistant it's a bit of pot luck....

here it's stupidly hard to find anything bigger than a B. the "normal" size here.
  • Options
    I guess it depends what you mean by expensive?
  • Options
    for inexpensive bras that last, id go for tescos or george at asda.
    Cheap as chips but really good quality, and you might be surprised at how nice their ranges are at the moment.
    whatever you do dont buy bras from places like peacocks as they dont even last past the first machine wash in my experience. I know most bras say handwash only, but I still dont expect them to literally be ruined by one wash in the machine.
    They are a false economy.
    Another place for bargain underwear is TKmaxx.
  • Options
    ...or george at asda.

We don't have Asda in N.Ireland :(
    Wish we did though, as they did have some really ncie stuff over in Newcastle.
    Another place for bargain underwear is TKmaxx.

That's a place I never thought of going to. I'll be keeping that in mind.
  • Options
    Yeah as someone else has said Asda does cheap bra's and so does Tesco, and for a bit more money they even do nicer ones with mathcing sets and everything.

Bra's i have bought from primark came to bit's quite easily, like the wire popping out and stabbing me and the material is usually lower quality.

What do you mean by expensive because in Debenhams you can usually pick up bra's out of the presence rang for about £10 and they do matching underwear with it.

But if you want really cheap and basic in Asda you can get bra's in packets, like t-shirt and even air filled ones that are £3, they are just plain, hence the price.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    But if you want really cheap and basic in Asda you can get bra's in packets, like t-shirt and even air filled ones that are £3, they are just plain, hence the price.
    theyre great. I have 2 of the tescos tshirt bras. They were £6 each and although they are plain (as are all tshirt bras - thats the idea) they make my tits look better under clothes than any of my more expensive fancy ones. The fancy ones might look better for prancing about in showing off, but can be all lumpy and bumpy looking when you put a top over them.
  • Options
    I used to get my bras from Primark but the underwiring doesn't stay in very long. Thanks I will try the places that you guys have suggested.
  • Options
    whatever you do dont buy bras from places like peacocks as they dont even last past the first machine wash in my experience..

I got a nice pink one from there and its lasted me ages!

New Look have got a special offer on at the mo - 2 for 14 pounds. Next bra's are good and dont really cost that much.

Just depends on what type you're looking for and how much you're willing to spend :)
  • Options
    Bravissimo is expensive... but they sell by far the best underwear - its gorgeous! Although, I agree with the TKMaxx idea! They sell some really nice stuff and its cheap!

Reason most bras don't wash well is because they're not made to be machine washed... they're supposed to be handwash only. Not that anyone takes any notice of that...!
  • Options
    Bravissimo is expensive...

Never heard of it. Is it a shop or just website to shop online?!
  • Options
    Never heard of it. Is it a shop or just website to shop online?!

online :yes:
  • Options
    Reason most bras don't wash well is because they're not made to be machine washed... they're supposed to be handwash only. Not that anyone takes any notice of that...!
    I did mention that, but if its a quality bra then its still ok to go in the machine usually.
  • Options
    i have a bra from matalan thats fits me really well, is lacy (me likey me lace) +is lasting well!
  • Options
    *TiNK* wrote:
    online :yes:

There are shops around too... if you go to www.bravissimo.com it should list the stores. A couple in London, one in Manchester, Leeds, Oxford... etc etc.
  • Options
    another place for the larger ladies online isbrastop
  • Options
    another place for the larger ladies online isbrastop

Wow! I just found the most gorgeous pink Ballet B'Ware set on that website in pink - in my size - it's now firmly been ordered! :D

Has anyone ordered from there before?!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    La Senza? Inexpensive?

You've got to be joking.

it's not that expensive. the last few bras i've had from there have been £12 full price. which is nothing. and considering their range of sizes, it's a godsend. cheaper than M&S, and fit much better.

and i second tesco. i would second asda if they made bras in my size :|

if you have a next outlet store around, they do great ones, and in the outlet shops they're at least 50% off. only they have slightly funky sizing, and the alleged 32s wrap around your average 32 sized person approximately 8 times. ok, that's not strictly true, but they are generous.

and in contrast to everyone else, me and my mother are thoroughly unimpressed by bravissimo. i imagine it's great if you're a bigger shape, but if your boobs are not really that big, just bigger than the bra companies think they should be for your back size, they're quite unflattering.
  • Options
    i thought bravissimo was really expensive...i dont like paying more than £12 for a bra.
  • Options
    Bravissimo bras fit us bigger girlies well - but they can be a bit boring, not very flattering. You just have to search well.
  • Options
    www.brastop.com is really cool. I used to do Bravissimo, but find them to be quite expensive. But sometimes I have to order from there 'cause its the one place that has my size.
  • Options
    Wow! I just found the most gorgeous pink Ballet B'Ware set on that website in pink - in my size - it's now firmly been ordered! :D

Has anyone ordered from there before?!

Well... this arrived today (how fast?!!) and it looks absolutely gorgeous! I have no complaints. :D And hopefully, my boyfriend won't either...!
  • Options
    Bravissimo bras fit us bigger girlies well - but they can be a bit boring, not very flattering. You just have to search well.

:yes:

And t those who say it's expensive I don't think it's that bad. Got a few for about £15 last time I went in there.

I don't like buying online though cos they all fit so differently.
  • Options
    I saw a few nice ones in New Look but a C cup Which is my normal size was HUGE on me.
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    I saw a few nice ones in New Look but a C cup Which is my normal size was HUGE on me.

The ones in new look are an odd shape on me, and my mate.
  • Options
    I personally never thought that bravissimo were that expensive, no more so than M&S, La Senza or Debenhams, anyway. I guess it depends on your opinion of expensive.
  • Options
    I got 3 nice bras from Next.
  • Options
    I recently bought 2 bras from Double-D.com which were great.