Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is masturbation addictive?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i didnt work out how to do it till i was about 17. I know plenty of girls who never do it, and some guys rarely do it, although probably not never,

all guys jerk off, its fact. if they didnt, they would become more moody. I know that for a fact as the longest i went without a wank was 8 weeks because I was very sick. I was so moody and everything got to me. its not healthy to not pleasure yourself.
  • Options
    all guys jerk off, its fact. if they didnt, they would become more moody. I know that for a fact as the longest i went without a wank was 8 weeks because I was very sick. I was so moody and everything got to me. its not healthy to not pleasure yourself.

It aint a fact and not all men get moody, that's crap, I have been single for 3 months and didn't wank once in 3 months and it didn't got me moody at all...

But most guys probably jerk off at least once...

Just look at little boys, since they are really young they often play with their penis, because well it is there and easy to grab...
  • Options
    It aint a fact and not all men get moody, that's crap, I have been single for 3 months and didn't wank once in 3 months and it didn't got me moody at all...

But most guys probably jerk off at least once...

Just look at little boys, since they are really young they often play with their penis, because well it is there and easy to grab...

you must have a low sex drive :yeees:
  • Options
    you must have a low sex drive :yeees:

Yeah right...

I just rather have proper sex than wank that's all...
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    all guys jerk off, its fact.

No it isn't.
    if they didnt, they would become more moody.

Maybe for you, but not for all men.
    I know that for a fact as the longest i went without a wank was 8 weeks because I was very sick. I was so moody and everything got to me. its not healthy to not pleasure yourself.

That's your experience. Not anyone else's. I know of men who do not wank and do not get moody. Just because this is what you experienced doesn't mean that all men experience the same.
    you must have a low sex drive

Or you not opening your mind to what other people feel and other people's experiences.
  • Options
    No it isn't.

99.9% wank, old men excluded.

If any guy who isn't asexual tells you they don't wank, you'd be well advised to take it as a lie.
  • Options
    Anything that makes you feel good has the potential to be addictive. Positive reenforcement and all that.

It would have to be pretty extreme if you were addicted to masturbation though.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Maybe I'm addicted... What's the definition of an addiction? Don't give me a dictionary please, I mean what seperates an addiction from a non-addiction, a sure sign that you have one.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    Maybe I'm addicted... What's the definition of an addiction? Don't give me a dictionary please, I mean what seperates an addiction from a non-addiction, a sure sign that you have one.

You can't really apply the concept of addiction to wanking 'coz it's normal to wank daily.

Unless you're wanking off multiple times spending hours at it each day and it's interfering with your life then there ain't a problem.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Spliffie wrote:
    99.9% wank, old men excluded.

If any guy who isn't asexual tells you they don't wank, you'd be well advised to take it as a lie.

Source?

Many men do not wank. Simple as. Most do, I agree, but there are many exceptions to the rule.
    Spliffie wrote:
    it's normal to wank daily

For you, maybe. But don't generalize.
  • Options
    I can't get through a day without a wank. Sometimes its twice a day but I do feel that in my case its become an addiction. I've not had a g/f relationship and I'm worried I never will if I keep on with my current habit.
    I'm also worried that my bondage s/m fantasies seem to be dominating my thoughts, is this normal?
  • Options
    Trollific anyone?
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    ironic that this guy is called tugger and he signed up just to say this..

:chin: read my mind
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:
    I can't get through a day without a wank. Sometimes its twice a day but I do feel that in my case its become an addiction. I've not had a g/f relationship and I'm worried I never will if I keep on with my current habit.

Same here, also if I have a boyfriend I tend to masturbate less.
  • Options
    masturbation is more habit than addiction. The only time it becomes dangerous is if you feel you must do it in public or when it interferes with your daily life. I personally have ups and downs with it. Sometimes i do it alot, other times i could care less. Sometimes i do it so much that i don't do it for a long time, like i've wanked myself stupid. It's not healthy if you do it a whole lot because all the nutrients and effort to make that semen and sperm don't come from nowhere. Also if you practice brinkmanship and other techniques for abstaining from ejaculation when masturbating that can be a healthful benefit not only for helping to have longer sex but also to keep you from having bladder problems down the road.
  • Options
    Source?

Many men do not wank. Simple as. Most do, I agree, but there are many exceptions to the rule.

I didn't say otherwise.
    For you, maybe. But don't generalize.

If most men wank and those who don't are exceptions to the rule, how isn't it normal? :confused:
  • Options
    masturbation is more habit than addiction. The only time it becomes dangerous is if you feel you must do it in public or when it interferes with your daily life.
    For me I think its more an addiction than a habit. I put it down to a lack of success with girls, I've never had a real g/f. I don't wank in public but I do wank in the toilets at work. Its a great releif but I know I should cut back on it as it is starting to interfere with my daily life.
  • Options
    trust me, it's habit. it's not addiction. i think of masturbation like pot, it's not that you have to have it or you'd go into withdrawl, you just want it real bad. you're not going to have adverse physical or psychological reactions if you stop masturbating. however since you are doing it at work it is definitely interfering with your daily life and that needs to be put under control. i'm 18 and i have only had 1 gf and i only see her every few months and even when i do see her i still masturbate sometimes to keep myself in control of not wanting sex all the time. it really does help in that regard because otherwise i'm just really horny and i can't control myself and i'm just groping her all the time and i'm sure she doesn't like it all the time. but even if you don't have sucess with women it doesn't mean you have to masturbate all the time. i usually find that i do it when i'm really bored so i try to keep myself occupied as much as possible.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Masturbation is perfectly healthy. The only time you should be worried is if you're doing it as an escape to problems, or doing it often every single day.

Have to agree. When I first broke up with my ex-girlfriend I was depressed, but found that if I cracked one out I didn't give a shit about her for 5-10 minutes, so I became a serial wanker for a good 4 weeks :lol: until I could deal with it a little better.
  • Options
    I knew someone who jacked off 12 times a day for two or three months! Dedication much?
  • Options
    Dunno about dedication.. but I definitely wouldn't want to imagine those friction burns :eek:
  • Options
    Some of you seem to treat this lightly but its a real problem for some of us. If wanking represenst the sum total of your sexual activity then something must be wrong.
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:
    Some of you seem to treat this lightly but its a real problem for some of us. If wanking represenst the sum total of your sexual activity then something must be wrong.

Why? People who havent had a sexual relationship have wanking as their only sexual activity.

Doesnt make it abnormal.

Unless its taking over your life then its not a problem. Im pretty sure that most/alot of men wank daily